Reviews for Pet and Owner
Deyinel chapter 10 . 11/21/2014
Yeah, damn strait you should apologize! This was another chapter that had me wincing, and poor Beast is just so confused! I like Raven and Starfire's reactions in particular. The one thing that I feel is missing in this chapter is that Raven never healed Beast's fingers from when he was clawing at the door.

The scenes with the Hive Three were dynamic, and brought up an excellent point, I feel. What would happen if the titans had been captured for a long period of time and couldn't get back to the tower? Would Beast just starve to death waiting for them to return? Survey says 'yes'. I realize he's not stuck in the cell for too much longer, but I think they should have arranged a backup plan or something.

Loved the chapter. It had me on the edge of my seat, as expected!
Deyinel chapter 9 . 11/21/2014
Oh man, this was such a bad development! This chapter had me physically wincing. I loved the whole thing, particularly the scene on the roof and Beast's introduction to video games, but the ending was tough to read. Wow! I just knew that it was going to leave some scarring.

Although it didn't end well, Cyborg is totally right. Beast is making less progress because he is stuck in one room, hardly interacting with anyone. How does Robin expect him to make any progress when he's still caged the whole time and never gets to do anything. He wouldn't even have a toy to pass the time with if Cyborg hadn't thought of it!

Aside from this, I loved the video game scene. It really reminded me of myself during my first attempts at Mario Kart. I also laughed outright when Beast was shouting in joy and then got terrified because of it. Beast Definitely needs a hug this chapter.
Deyinel chapter 8 . 11/21/2014
Great chapter! The interrogation scene was intense and dynamic, with all of Beast's emotions vying and fighting with each other. It was interesting to see his reactions to the questions, and the reaction the titans had to him. I feel like Cyborg in particular needs a hug. Even given how kind the titans have been to him so far, it was still surprising that Beast was brave enough to say that he wouldn't follow commands he hated if he didn't have the collar. That took some major guts. It is believable because they were pushing him, and because he was clearly getting caught up in the moment, but still surprised me.

The scene at the start of the chapter was so adorable, when they were all watching Beast play with his ball, and the ending scene was very telling of Beast's growing feelings for the titans.

See you soon!
Deyinel chapter 7 . 11/20/2014
Oh my gosh I love this chapter so so much! Cyborg was adorable in the shower room, ashamed and wishing he could tell Beast not to call him master, and then the scene with Robin being jumpy was also fun. I just loved when Raven was healing Beast and he couldn't stop himself from laughing. Poor titans, so confused. ;)

The last scene was just adorable. Once again, your transformations are fluid and varied, and I just loved reading about Beast playing and generally not worrying for a change. It is such a cute scene!
Deyinel chapter 6 . 11/19/2014
Great chapter! Beast's thought process here makes a lot of sense. With anyone other than the titans, it would probably be correct. His whole introspective scene was intricate and well developed, particularly the ending when he squashed his hopes and longings in favour of finding more familiar and safer reasonings.

I also enjoyed the shopping scene. I like that you manage to keep this story fairly light, with humour as well as drama and pain. You balance it very well.

See you next time!
Deyinel chapter 5 . 11/19/2014
So, so sweet!

I love reading about Beast's shifting. You describe it really well and I can picture it perfectly. His thought processes in this chapter were also great. You really go in depth about his changing emotions, fears, hopes, confusions and rare bouts of humour. I was unsure whether it would be believable that he still had the urge to tell jokes after such an awful life, but you have made it very believable and it does make sense with his character. I really enjoyed this chapter!
Deyinel chapter 4 . 11/19/2014
This is a sweet chapter, in spite of the nasty glimpses into Beast's past. It is nice to see the titans interact and try to puzzle out the mysteries, and I particularly liked the scene with Cyborg and Raven.

I would be interested to find out more information about what happened to Beast in the past, but I understand that it's not needed in the story. I think you put in just enough to be interesting and to twang our pity strings, while leaving the rest to our imagination. Nicely done!
Deyinel chapter 3 . 11/19/2014
And once again we have a completely impassible misunderstanding. I imagine that Beast's file has information about his cage, but even it probably doesn't mention that he wouldn't be used to sleeping without it. That is just probably a given with all of his previous masters.

The interrogation scene was excellent. You have a lot of subtlety in your writing, and you can evoke a lot of emotion without needing to use strong language. I really enjoy the titans' reactions to Beast, and poor Beast is just so confused at this stage of the story.

See you next chapter!
Deyinel chapter 2 . 11/19/2014
Hi! I didn't leave any reviews on my first read through, as I was too eager to keep reading and get to the end, but there is so much I love in this story that I want to comment on it.

I find it interesting that Raven seems to know how to handle Beast the most. She seems to grasp his mental and emotional state more than the others, even Robin. Cyborg is decidedly uncomfortable giving him commands, and is really kind of adorable in this story. He just wants to make everything better.

Again, your writing for Beast is amazing here. Some of the scenes are honestly a little hard to read because I am empathizing with him so much. I find myself wincing with him sometimes. Though at the same time I find it impossible to stop reading. ;)

Thanks for another awesome chapter!
Deyinel chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
This is an excellent way to start the story. I love your writing for Beast Boy in this story. The internal thoughts and feelings are very believable, and the emotions from every character are clear without needing to be simply stated. The battle was dynamic and intense and I love the variety of forms that Beast changes into. One thing I loved about the show was how varied his transformations were and you have continued this here. I have no complaints with this chapter. It got me fully hooked on the story!
Deyinel chapter 19 . 11/18/2014
Wow! Wow I say! This story is incredible, and you are now one of my favorite fanfiction authors! I read this through in one day and I just could not stop reading. You have an excellent grasp of the titans' personalities, and you write well for all of them. You also show Gar's healing and setbacks very well and the scenes where he is horrified and in pain literally gave me chills. One thing that I noticed reading the comics is that Gar's early life pretty much sucked, and whenever they added more details about his backstory, it tended to just get worse, so this would fit right in.

I just have so much to say! Your description, both of what is going on inside and outside of people's heads is wonderful and believable, and the story is paced very well. You take your time and allow the character to breathe and grow, which makes the healing more believable. The climax was fantastic! The emotion was just so clear and I was glued to the screen. My only regret is that this is over now and I don't get to read it any more! Thank you so so much for sharing this story!

Your Rabid fan,
Kay Hau chapter 19 . 11/14/2014
Excellent job! I thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to end!
Mystic Fairy Tame chapter 19 . 9/24/2014
Nice Great Ending. I was close to crying since BB got taken away
guardianofdragonlore chapter 19 . 8/14/2014
Awesome this is awesome. But it seems like BB should've put up more of a fight against slade. But I know thats a wishful daydream.
Kifo Sotri chapter 19 . 8/3/2014
Absolutely loved this story. It was a really interesting idea for an AU and i'm kinda sad that it wasn't longer. Well, either way, I have a new author to follow.
355 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »