Reviews for Damsel in Distress
miss greenpeace chapter 1 . 10/15
Oh wow! It's rare to get a chance to see Kaoru kicks ass and get all powerful in the RK world, rarer even to read a fic that conveys her strength as well as staying true to the character. I love canon, and I love characters that are done right, as enticing as they first were when they get introduced to us. So I really love this. You write really well and consistently, never losing pace. Every scene unfolds naturally and explained reasonably, and you did it in such a light, effortless way, that I really enjoy this fic. I personally laugh over how Kaoru spank the little 'yakuza' guy, and send him crawling into her dojo to study swordmanship with his angry mother in tow. That is such a hilarious twist! I also think that Kaoru actually could scare the Tadao guy a little more, like making a show of striking her bokken near his head/stomach and making a dent in the wall or something instead of just yelling. But that's just me, I might possibly be too cruel *shrill laugh*. But this is just so refreshing! Please write more, I'd be waiting for another well-written, kick-ass Kaoru more!

Goes straight for favorite!
InTermsICanUnderstand chapter 1 . 10/3
I love how the story ended! This could pass as an episode of the original series in my opinion :) Good work!
purplemud chapter 1 . 5/19
This is so awesome! I love it when Kaoru is being a total BAMF! Hahaha. And I especially loved it that Kenshin had let her fight and didn't intervene. I really wish there were more fics like this, showing Kaoru's strength as a fighter. She never gets the respect she deserve for her skills. Girl power all the way!
Haha i love this fic, how can they defeat kenshin when they can't even defeat kaoru!? Oh kaoru you're so strong
orchid14 chapter 1 . 2/24
Loved the story! For once, some enemies held grudges against the rurouni instead of the violent and tragic past Battousai had Thanks for this!
Xerez chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
On the first part, the writing and the way conflict is raised seemed to be a little forced. However, when it came to the fighting scene, things escalated and the way you introduced reflections in the middle of an action scene was so natural that it veered away from being sickeningly cheesy like what other stories mistake on doing. I loved the perspective you gave Kaoru, I knew she was a strong woman, shame that she was only given one major fight using her kenjutsu skills! Good job and keep on writing!
Cherry chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
after reading a lot of fanfic story this is one really captured my attention!..the characters are like the original and I appreciate how you portray Kaoru's personality as a strong woman. Now I realized we could never compare Tomoe to her because she's far more an amazing woman Kenshin had. This is a very good story and I love how you put things in order...I wish to read more of the stories you made
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
haa ese niño si que es un mini batusay jeje
y haa Kaoru fue genial creo que quiero aprender kendo jaja
hoo ese yacusa dijo que kenshin era un demonio y que se caso con alguien peor hoo si hubiera casado con ella antes como hubiera sido hoo caray
y yahiko con cara de que rayos
pasa aquí no puedo creerlo
noname00 chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
I loved it
francia chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
omg i love this!

my favorite one shot ever!

my favorite part is that Kill Bill scene you have put in this story and the ending when that kid's mother wanted him to be Kaoru's student! i love how you have definitely put that she is not a damsel in dustress! some people forget she is a warrior and that is what makes her unique.

thank you!
chadtayor020 chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
This was hilarious, and awesome. The Kill Bill reference felt a little out of place, but that's my only gripe. Also, in 'Yojimbo' there is no spanking, though the hero, Sanjuro, does tell a teen, after killing all other gang members, to 'Go back home to your Mother and live a long life eating gruel!' Great story.
Samurai X chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
great story!
hafizatul sufiah yaacob chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
how the hell a guy can turn on by watching a women beat up other people asses
unwritten92 chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
"Of course the red haired demon would marry something worse than a demon." Love that line, damn right he would.
I really liked this one shot, just as much as I liked 'Growing Younger'. I can't wait until you give those Kenshin plot bunnies free reign... You certainly cannot have enough Kenshin, or Kaoru, or Kenshin and Kaoru.
Yeah, I went and stalked your profile...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Kenji is such a little devil!
Your story had great flow and I really enjoyed reading about a Kaoru protecting her family.