Reviews for Say goodbye to ya kneecaps, chucklehead!
xd chapter 1 . 6/10
keepo
Zilkenian chapter 3 . 11/1/2015
Okay, I'm going to post this review here since I'm sure i posted something in the final one, and I still love this story, and read it again sometimes, but this chapter has the first contradiction.

Engineer said he didn't like his team locking Scout like an animal, when it was HIM who suggested to take Scout in so they could get any information. It's his fault.

Then again, you're working on Respawn rules, which means all they had to do was just let Scout die on the battlefield. Respawn would have brought him back with his legs renewed, and nothing of this would have happened.

So yeah, it was all Engie's fault XD. I guess the rest of the story trying to make up for Scout kind of forgives him, but still, I think Scout is okay with all this a little too fast, specially when he heard the Engie say to take him as a prisoner.

Still, one of my most favourite stories.
Zilkenian chapter 13 . 10/21/2014
Ok, let me says a few things about this fanfic.

I've found a few mistakes here and there, and some times the names got mixed, but...
HOLY SH*T MAN!
You have all my applause for this, and I'm serious about it. You just put the whole recovery of someone who has lost so much.

Some things weren't 100% right to me, like Scout surviving for too lon in that cell with his legs in the state they were (the infection would have gone to his body sooner, specially with flies all over it), but for the sake of the story I don't even care.
Then, finally, a relationship that takes its time to build and grow, not just Disney relationship: they meet, the f*ck and they fall in love.

Also, thanks for cutting short the whole lemon part. I think that would have ruined the whole sweet moment.
You made me feel the same the characters were feeling: the desperation of the Scout when he was in that cell, the shock he experienced when he found out he didn't have legs anymore, the development of the Engineer from taking Scout in his life for experiments, and then wanting to know more about him, even Sniper, who had that sad story.

So thanks for this story, it'll be always in my favourites, and keep writing.
MargieTheScout chapter 13 . 9/26/2013
LOVE...THIS...SO...MUCH...3
Running Lynx chapter 13 . 7/12/2013
This is an excellent excellent story! Very heartfelt. I couldn't stop reading this, and would have read it all night if I didn't get a windows update alert and hadn't accidentally clicked 'restart now' around 3am! xD This story has power :D
There are a few minor things that need to be fixed. I know what when you write NaNo, you just push on writing till the end. Now you need to go back and fix the spelling mistakes. It's years instead of ears, and you have some names mixed up, something like 'Engineer ordered Scout and Engineer to follow him.' xD It was clear from the context that Soldier was the one ordering them. Other than that, I felt that the pacing was too fast when Scout found out about the Engineer's robotic arm. You could have expanded it on a bit, slowly playing on Scout's shock, revealing one grotesque gesture at a time, and expanded on Engineer trying to explain and soothe, only for Scout to be overwhelmed, perhaps try to back off as engineer approached, and eventually flee. Play on the suspense!
One other thing that I noticed could be improved is chapter 1. I remember I had a hard time trying to get into it, but I am glad I persevered. The 2/3ds of Chapter 1 seems a bit scattered, with scout dying a bit too many times (or pointlessly?) , and I got confused about the Blu engineer commenting about Scout. Since Blu engineer's commentd are not that important, you can change it to make it sound even worse than what you currently have, something that makes Scout seem like an outcast and a failure to the team. You can make it seem like everyone on his own team undermines him and basically says that their team would be better off without him. The bit with blu heavy and medic tramping all over Scout was good. I suggest that you re-read chapter one, until his kneecaps get shattered, and condense it to get to that point of shattering faster, and also to show that his relationship with his own team isn't peachy.
Other than those suggestions, I got only praise! The description of scout's dying legs with the flies buzzing about sent shivers down my spine, as did the Medic and Engineer's conversation over who gets scout's body. The overall progression of the story is very good, with the slow but consistent improvement of Scout's mobility, first by dragging himself, then the wheelchair, then the walking legs, then the running blades. You've gone a very good job describing how scout mastered each stage, I could see it very clearly, and reading about it was insightful. I like the romantic progression too, it was very well done, both with Sniper and Engineer. I guess you can slow the pace of Sniper's confession if you want, to play on Scout's emotions from 'huh?' to 'oh crap' to 'this is really awkward, I don't know how to act around him' to scout frantically trying to let him down gently without loosing Sniper's friendship. You can give the confession scenes their due length and depth, since they have the most tension.
My overall impression of this story is as well progressed very well done story. I say I am very glad you did this NaNo and I enjoyed reading this entry very much. But do something to cut the slow lengthy prose in beginning of this story to make it more grabbing, perhaps have Blu scout outrun the Red Scout, only to be annihilated by the Red scout (perhaps Red did something dirty to get the upper hand) to cast the Red scout as the #1 villain.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful writing. I feel that the reading hours I put into this were well spent! :)
Running Lynx
Daydream Cloud chapter 5 . 6/29/2013
Oh Sniper, opening up to Scout was the last thing I expected you to do. XD
nyanya chapter 4 . 6/29/2013
The story's pretty intense and it has a good story though a few grammar and spelling mistakes
and whoaa that was pretty heartless of the RED's until now oO i hope you add new chapters soon
Daydream Cloud chapter 4 . 6/28/2013
There's one thing I don't understand, though. Can't Scout just kill himself and respawn with his legs back to normal? Am I missing something?
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
You need to work on your grammar. You randomly capitalize words that don't need to be capitalized (i.e. "the Boy") and the dialogue is a little over-the-top and campy. It's like a Spaghetti Western. And on the note of "the boy", you refer to Scout as "the boy" a little too much, creating the illusion that he is a child. It's ok if the older mercs refer to him as such as a means of talking down to him, but you, as the writer, should keep in mind that Scout is a very capable adult. Stop referring to him as a "boy" so much. Good luck with the rest of your story.
Daydream Cloud chapter 2 . 6/26/2013
Medic, you are sick! You-you...I don't know what to say. You REDs are heartless, damn it, he's just a boy! D:

God, you write really well, albeit there are some spelling mistakes. It's really descriptive and it makes me shudder to think of Scout's torture. I'm all spooked out. Keep goin'! :)
Daydream Cloud chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Oh my God...poor Scout! Stupid REDs, why can't they just make him respawn already...

Anyway, please post the next chapter soon! :D