Reviews for Cleansing
keepyourchinup chapter 9 . 7/5/2013
loved it! i'm interested in what's going on between jake and bella? update soon!
Guest chapter 9 . 7/5/2013
Ewwwwwww! I bet Leah's glad not to be in the middle of that creepiness! I still say she should bag them all and go to Hawaii. Who would want to be related to these Tennessee Williams-style jerks! LOLOLOL!
Inosolan chapter 9 . 7/4/2013
So sick and sad. It's great that Leah managed to escape this freak-show while she had the chance. Poor Reneesme. I mean there wasn't much chance of her ever being anything like well-adjusted but it is terribly sad. It doesn't surprise me. Bella was always fairly self-involved (was that her defining characteristic?) so it makes sense that it would be intensified by her being a vampire, but it's still very sad. That said, I don't know why Leah bothers with any of these people. Her mother doesn't bother to tell her she's married, her brother doesn't tell her he has a son (do they just never ever talk to her?). She needs to take that strength and confidence away with her and never come back. Maybe I'm just worried for her - that she'll get some of the crazy on her! ;D
Master Gaga chapter 9 . 7/4/2013
I adore your story. I adore your writing. I have my own personal views of the characters and Bella/Jacob in particular, but from Leah just shook my world, dude.

Like, Leah isn't an idiot. Leah isn't the angry, hateful person I thought she was. Leah isn't the person I love to hate in this story. You're amazing that way; you polished, cleaned and exposed Leah.

I cannot wait for another installment. I cannot wait to see how far you push yourself again. That's part of the fun, to be honest: seeing you work your dark magic within the character. It's my favorite part in this story in particular, because this is where it is at it's strongest.

So, you are awesome. The story is awesome. RENESMEE IS THE BOSS
Guest chapter 8 . 7/4/2013
Leah needs to stand them all up. Say she'll be the maid of honor and skip off to Hawaii instead! *rubs hands evilly*
Inosolan chapter 8 . 7/4/2013
Interesting! I wonder why Leah agreed to go back, they all seem so awful. Did Seth really not tell her that he had a child? Does her family really have so little feeling for her? And Reneesme thinks that's funny? That's hideous. I think Leah really does need to just see then all as dead and gone. It's not healthy - poor girl! :(
Firefly-class chapter 8 . 7/3/2013
That was an odd interaction with the guy in the library...will he make another appearance?
Master Gaga chapter 8 . 7/3/2013
Since. I am experimenting on being less intellectual, I will write what people usually write.

Clara Meliza chapter 7 . 7/2/2013
I would really like to see Leah as a writer. She could publish a book about everything that's happened to her - Sam leaving her for her cousin, her father's death, her transformation from young woman to female dog - and it is all so far-fetched that no reader could believe it's a true story. I don't know about you, but I'd definitely buy it. (Actually, I already did. It's called Twilight.)
Inosolan chapter 7 . 7/2/2013
I don't think this one sucks - it feels sort of transitional, which makes sense because Leah's made a big change in her life. It's interesting how she left everything about her past behind her, the music, the weather, the family, the phasing, even the job. I wonder if it will be Leah's fate to never find a way to marry the two halves of herself? Has she been wholly remade (like she seems to be thinking here)? If she has been, does anything that happened before matter?
Master Gaga chapter 7 . 7/2/2013
Another lovely addition to the collection. I'm in love with this one, though-Leah finding herself again and being indulgent is magical to behold.

You have a talent for pushing characters out of their comfort zone and turning them inside out while they somehow remain themselves; that magic is best shown here. You shone in this chapter. Honestly.
Firefly-class chapter 6 . 7/1/2013
I hope things get better for her...she is making me depressed.
Master Gaga chapter 6 . 7/1/2013
This was lovely. I adored seeing Leah dive into the unknown and allowing herself to be buzzed. We all need some happy, fun days. And of course, your writing is as perfect as ever, MTL. You're my current idol :)
Inosolan chapter 6 . 7/1/2013
I'm always of two minds with this! :) Half of me is so thrilled that Leah is independently seizing her life and making things better for herself. She doesn't need another person. But it's also profoundly sad that she's leaving her lifetime home and she's in an airport hotel all alone getting drunk. She's a superfluous person and that seems especially tragic to think about when you're someone who was born to be in a pack.

It's not bad-sad at all. Definitely not! I think it's cool that you can mix intense triumph with melancholy. Maybe Leah's following a more normal life where joy is always mixed with pain? I'll be curious to see where life takes her. :)
Firefly-class chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
I hope Leah can move on...
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »