Reviews for California Dreamin'
mytwilightaddiction chapter 23 . 6/10
Awesome love love it.. idk how I missed this gem lol.. thanks for sharing
SLKerouac chapter 23 . 4/13/2016
Edward and Bella found each other and then were torn apart by war. This had happened to so many couples during that time. When he came back he was not treated like a returning soldier should have. He was left to try and deal with all the demons of war to only end up being pulled apart from the one that he loved and loved him. Bella learned a lot during their time apart along with Edward but his love for her was always there. After being apart and now healed it was time to see if there was still the love for each other. At the end it had always been there. Edward and Bella knew what they had lost and now they had their future together to look forward to. Thanks for writing this story! It was so true for a lot of soldiers back then. If only they had all been treated with respect and dignity when they got back from that war that was not their choosing. Thanks!
KDMCAM chapter 23 . 9/26/2015
This was AMAZING! I'm going to have to go to Amazon & get your book. I love your writing!
rjh1960 chapter 19 . 9/7/2015
My heart is breaking for Edward and Bella. I have vague memories of the turmoil of those difficult war years. I was a child living in Brooklyn, NY. I remember praying everynight before going to sleep that the war would end. Interestingly I knew no one who actually went to fight. All of our friends and family went to college, some just to avoid the war. Poor Edward tried to do what he thought was right. I'm still hoping for an HEA but I think there will be a lot of pain before we get there if we even have that HEA at all.
rjh1960 chapter 5 . 9/7/2015
I'm hoping this story has an HEA ending.
Bella is a good friend, not telling Angela about Eric's revelations.
Poor Eric, but lucky for him he is heading to Berekley. He will have plenty of oppurtunity to find himself in that environment.
rjh1960 chapter 4 . 9/7/2015
I have my mothers cat eye glasses. I'm waiting for them to come back into style. I also just informed my husband (of 28 years today) that we need to find a drive in move and go and make out. He is quite amused (and busy looking for a drive in). Really cute story.
rjh1960 chapter 2 . 9/7/2015
I'm feeling a little bad that they corrupted Bella. Hoping Charlie does not find out. Also hoping Edward does not come back with PTSD.
rjh1960 chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
Just found your story. I read a lot of ff but I think this is the first i have read from this era. I think I'm really going to enjoy it as I was a child in the 60's. Interesting about the colleges. I'm not sure about during the 60's but these days Berekely is just as hard to get into as Columbia.
crazycullengirl chapter 23 . 7/22/2015
Hey!
I can't say enough about your story. So well written. I found it in the Spanish version but then saw it had been translated so I decided to looked you up and read the original. Your story hits home for me. Having been throught a similar experience, it brought so many memories back. It felt so real and I cried with each chapter as I let myself feel each emotion one more time and remember what it had been like. I love the story and thank you for the wonderful and exact way you portrait each experience and feeling on it.
msmargo chapter 23 . 7/5/2015
I do love this story, and I don't know why, but it's been on my mind lately. I think partly because our pos governor just cut some veteran's programs here in Florida. Just reminds me of the fallout from war and how it can destroy people if they don't get the right help. God, these comments about how the story takes place "way back when" make me feel old! Lovely story choc, thank you.
Jess chapter 23 . 6/29/2015
Hello there!

I'm more like a ghost reader but this time I just wanted to thank you for write this beatiful story! I'm currently reading the spanish traslation of this and is still not finished but I really needed to come here and read more of your work.
Anyway, thankyou very much and please dont stop writting, you do it really well. :)
Greetings from Mexico! Ans thanks again!
I'm not really good at english so, I hope this review is well written
magmom4 chapter 21 . 5/9/2015
I am thinking that his father bribed all the med schools he would go to.
LucyGomez chapter 23 . 5/7/2015
Ok i was startind to read these in spanish but im so nervious that i cant wait and i come here to read in english thing that i didnt like. Now im crying beacuse im finished the story and i didnt want and i want read more about ed and bell. I love my ed and was crying when he was figt in a bar
Vampfan1 chapter 23 . 4/23/2015
Very good story. Really enjoyed the read. The only unresolved ( At least in my brain) was the fact that Bella never gets to tell Edward about Emmett and how he's treated her. I sort of was waiting for Edward to somehow take his revenge on him. I mean I know you sent him careening off a cliff and all and ruined his political career, but I really would have liked to see an epi or something where Edward gets him or Bella shoves his stupidity in his face and he has to watch their happily ever after while she shoves it in his face that she is the marrying kind and Edward is gonna do just that? maybe I'm just a meany but yeah, I was waiting for her to give him a big fuck off, you were wrong so kiss my ass type of scene.

Other than that...just fantastic!
FutureMrsBCullen chapter 23 . 3/15/2015
I fricken love this story :) don't end it ! I love it. Its a great plot , with REAL characters ,characters with flaws and imperfections and I just love that ... Going to read more of your stuff I've just completed three cant wait to read more :)
2,724 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »