Reviews for Angel in the Attic
bigchill77 chapter 28 . 4/27
You write so well- an interesting story with creative twists and some wonderful dialogue.
Thank you for writing and sharing this with us.
bigchill77 chapter 24 . 4/27
You write beautifully- this made me cry. So happy that Charlie knew and read the journals- what an interesting twist.
bigchill77 chapter 23 . 4/27
I am glad that he spent time getting to know Charlie and Renee better.
readicted chapter 28 . 4/11
My heart ached for Edward when the family seemed to turn on him. But when I realized he'd been gone for three weeks, three?! Yeah. He deserved that spanking he got. I do love the way he and Bella resolved it between them. And how special that he aS Still able to share a strong bond with the baby. I like the twist with the birth and Bella's change. And the ending was perfect. Thank you for sharing your story.
readicted chapter 25 . 4/11
That's a first-vampire Edward accidentally slipped inside Bella, lol. Well almost. Bella did the deed, but still. Interesting turn of events. It's was lovely though, the way you wrote it. Passionate, but very beautiful. Not vulgar or extra, just really lovely. Their teasing at the end was great.
readicted chapter 24 . 4/11
OMG, no! How devastating. But merciful in that Charlie didn't have to live through losing his wife, and then turn around and lose his daughter. He knew? He knew! All this time, well most of this time. I wondered at the wisdom of Edward leaving his things, especially his journals laying around in the attic. I also wondered about Bella's journal. It all worked for the best because Charlie got to read Edward's words, his beautiful, soulful words from the heart. It's amazing that he was able to give his blessing, fully aware, fully cognizant of who Edward is and what his intentions are. When Charlie said he needed more time, he knew what was coming. Edward and Bella were so wise to make spending time, real quality time with him and with Rene while they could. I hate that Rene cheated, but I like how you tied that storyline in from canon. I like how you handled it, in a realistic manner. I like that this Rene loved her family enough to stay, though she yearned for more, something other than small town living. She was flighty, but not dumb and not neglectful. Bella had made the choice to say goodbye to her parents by electing to join Edward in his immortal life, but to have their time cut so suddenly short is heartbreaking.
readicted chapter 23 . 4/11
I've not had access to wifi all day, but I have been reading on my kindle. I absolutely love the dedication that Edward has to forge relationships with Bella's parents. It's the first fic I've read where Edward truly goes out of his way not just to get Charlie's approval, but to cultivate and nurture authentic bonds with her family. And it's even more meaningful because often the four of them spend time together. Excellent. I also am really digging how your young Bella is thoughtful (pensive) and less impulsive than in canon. She takes time to consider and deliberate important matters. She also refuses to be treated as a subordinate partner. I didn't know how to feel about Rosalie. Again she emotionally sucker punches Edward, manipulating him in a way only she can. But I try to understand where she's coming from, her perspective and motivation. I think it's from a well-meaning place. A protector like Edward, but from a different vantage point. I'm pleased that he did not leave. I was surprised that Edward would reveal his ability to the elders/pack so early in the chess match, but he seems to have read Billy accurately. Billy seems a thoughtful, wise leader. Fair, but firm. I think it was ultimately the right decision to make. I didn't think the nomads would make an appearance in this fic, but I like the twist.
readicted chapter 11 . 4/10
Wonderfully done. Fabulously written.
readicted chapter 10 . 4/10
This is exactly what was Edward needed to do. Force Rosalie to face her self-righteous hypocrisy straight on. I'm glad that he stood up to her. It needed doing. Even if her words held moral and ethical merit, her own actions do not. Why is he not deserving of at least a chance at what she herself could not bear to exist without. A bit disappointed in Emmett. He could've been loving and gentle in his approach, but he needed to step in here and call her out.
readicted chapter 8 . 4/9
A tear-jerked of a chapter. It had to be though. They hung around longer than I expected.
readicted chapter 7 . 4/9
Ohhhh, she said Angel. So, no Jacob. Yet. He's a couple of years younger. It was kind of Edward to permit Rose to share in Bella's life this way. I get that the rest of the family feel a special connection to Bella for what she will become to the family, but Rose is essentially claiming her for her own. He last, best hope to be a mother. This will be an issue when the time comes for her to be changed. Unless...Rose wants her to be changed for fear of losing her. Or Bella is so unhappy at the thought of being without them. How will Jacob and the tribe factor into all of this. The Cullens' scent is all around the Swans. Edwards words in his journal, or was that letter only in his mind, either way-you write beautifully. And Jasper is pretty great.
readicted chapter 6 . 4/9
I loved the Cullen reunion and family frolic through the woods. Too bad things took a drastic turn. I get that Rose feels protective for Bella, and thinks it's wrong to 'doom' her to a life such as theirs, she may even be justified-but! Not with the baby in her arms! And not with the parents asleep in a nearby room. And not when she knows Edward will respond to her in kind, at the perceived threat. She swooped in and just wreaked havoc and emotional warfare. Of course Rose and Edward are similar minded when it comes to their thoughts about their existence as vampires so instead of being angry, Edward will be moody and self-flagellating. Oy. There is definitely two very valid sides to this. Rose is not wrong, in that Bella hasn't even had a chance to life and her future has already been decided for her. She'll never know a time in her life without Edward's influence. On the other hand, Alice saw the future at Bella's conception. Bella is Edward's mate. Every member of the Cullen clan have found their mate. Edward has lived a lonely existence, amongst all of the other mated pairs. This is his one and only chance at finding what they all already have. It is insanely selfish to demand that Edward turn his back on what is finally, finally within his grasp-a chance to love and be loved, to be happy and whole. Tough issue. I do mourn Bella's right to choose for herself, but I disagree with Rose's ire and her aggressive action.
readicted chapter 5 . 4/9
Wow. This is...wow. I don't think I quite know what to say. Jasper's declaration floored me, "Then, for every second of her life, she has belonged to you." The implications are profound. This precious baby from the moment of conception, was destined for Edward. Amazing, but also overwhelming in that she will never truly know free will or choice. Edward will always be a presence in her life. Watching, guiding, protecting, loving whether from the shadows or more overtly, he'll always be there moving her towards her predetermined destiny. Even as he is in denial, defiant at the thought of changing her or allowing anyone to change her, he is there. The words he wrote in his journal, his prayer, even his anguish at being too late to be her guide, all of it has been answered. In a way he could never imagine. I was so completely surprised when Carlisle gently scooped baby Isabella from her crib and placed her in Edward's arms. That was huge. And Edward is immediately transformed. Morphing into whichever role she needs him to take. For now, a protector, a nurturer. I expected Edward to encounter a human Bella, but never imagined that he'd find her as a two-day old infant. Esme and Rose will get to perhaps enjoy spending a bit of time with Bella as she grows and she will be a healing balm for that part of them that aches for a child.
readicted chapter 2 . 4/9
This is an intriguing start.
grandmachix chapter 28 . 3/23
What a beautiful story. For Edward to be with Bella from her infancy then love her, give her a baby, change her, then marry her. Wonderfully written.
Judy