Reviews for A Different Kind of War
Loki :'( why? Personally I don't think Frigga or Thor would let Loki die. Odin would. Also I think he would have funeral how ever evil he is he is the son of Odin a prince. Liked it though. Sorry just my opinion. :-)
LOKI! WHY CRUEL WORLD QHY
Lloy-Monique chapter 3 . 4/16
Love love love this. So sorry this is the end though. Really well written though.
Autumn Fire Spirit Yggdrasil chapter 2 . 4/13
More. I need more
SophiaGrey chapter 2 . 12/31/2013
Incredible! This just broke my heart, it's so different to see this happen.
SophiaGrey chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
Wow, this is fantastic!
Shulamith Bonderovsky chapter 2 . 12/12/2013
This is really good! Are you planning to add to it? (I have to admit, I would like to see Loki escape from/kill Thanos...)
willoffire123 chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
Dude, this is brilliant! Also, your pro pic is kinda creeping me out, but in a really good way (if that's even possible)
-Willoffire123
BlackStormShadow chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
*cries* Why must you hurt me in this way?
EmoHeadEshny chapter 2 . 8/26/2013
I love this, I've never read anything like it! I love that Loki conquered the world, and realised he didn't want to keep it. I feel like Loki is a character who has never known who he is, and so he tries to be a Conquerer and a King so he can have a place in things and be respected, and your story really brought that across. Was that what you were going for?

I hope you plan to continue this fic, I think it's awesome!
DepthOfMusic chapter 2 . 7/29/2013
Awwh, the feels
Again, it was brilliant; You are portraying these two characters so well, and its so convincing and emotional I don't know what to say.
Great work! :D
DepthOfMusic chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Yay, a new fanfiction from you! *happy*
I really liked this; it is well-written, interesting and amazing :D :)
I liked that you have shown all the different sides of him; you did it really good and it was convincing; You really portrayed him well :)
"Then, Loki's gaze finds those blue eyes, and suddenly he finds himself wishing with every fibre of his being that they were brown.
That they had always been brown." - awwh
And sorry for not reviewing earlier; I had some stuff to do. But I read it the day it was published and voted for it too :)
Aneyrin chapter 2 . 7/25/2013
And now Chapter 2.

I will always insist you have incredibly good "Stark voice" - or at least a very finely tuned-in feeling for him. It shows in your portrayal. I can totally see him doing everything you wrote, in exactly that manner.

Avoidance is kind of his forte in some matters, even though he can be so awfully blunt in others. But this? No, this is personal, and conflicting, and chock-full of emotion and conflict. I like how he only gradually comes to realize and accept that the demi-god isn't quite the villain, and the subtle shades of guilt at having helped. And yet, he doesn't feel that bad about it, not as much as he thinks he probably should've.

The ending, with his realization, and the fact that he'll most likely never have the answer he wants - and the mirrored action of what Loki did illustrates perfectly just how similar those two are, even though actually at the opposite sides of conflict.

I now hope you're now done breaking my heart. Yes. (Though I know you aren't... Sheesh, who am I kidding?) _
Aneyrin chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Stop killing me with feelz! Stahp!

Chapter 1:
I find it interesting how you portrayed Loki's different sides of character. It's most obvious how he's really just badly damaged and emotionally scarred inside, and how he fights with himself, though often not knowlingly. It's probably normal to him at the point you're describing. You very nicely describe two warring sides of him: his arrogance and his vulnerability. And the whole can't-sleep, but always tired - how even he, himself can't figure out why, is just heart-wrenching.
I like the pacing, both of the story and the long vs. short sentences.

And I think it's so in-character that Loki is so much refusing to seem emotional and vulnerable in front of others; only being that way because of the sceptre. And despite it, still moving and locking himself in the bathroom to cry (though honestly, that is a bit ooc for me, and yet not in the story and not for your Loki... hope that makes sense, and I don't think it's a bad thing :)).

The ending broke my heart in more ways I can count (you life-ruiner). The brutal realization, the aching wish that would never come true... a very touching, haunting ending. Beautiful.
salenastarzz chapter 2 . 7/26/2013
I love the story. I think you should make one more chapter at least. Give them a little bit of a happy ending. But its all up to you.