Reviews for Leave an Open Door
TutorGirlml chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
Loved this story! Loved the excitement of the bit with the battle to get Henry back, Hook's taking that last step back off the cliff and Emma realizing ow much she cares through nearly losing him. It seemed so true to her character to have her sneak off alone and try to fruitlessly rebuild her walls keeping Killian out. You wrote some wonderful moments between them in conversation once he finds her, but my favorite was the one he giaves her as he gets ready to leave:
"You take your time darlilng," he murmured, beginning to take a few small steps backward. "But know this...No matter how long it takes, I'll still be waiting. I'll not be leaving you behind."
Just a wonderful story! Glad that I found it to read. :)
TashaRose chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Awesome! Loved it!
HookingSwan chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... adorable
Starlight000 chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
What a beautiful story! I really enjoyed it and it was very visual. I could imagine this scene perfectly. Great job writing this!
canterlevi chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I like how subdued hook became in the final episodes of S2. I like how you're showing a more reflective, gentle hook here too. I can only hope we see this in S3.

Nicely done!
Ni Castle chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
AMAZING! Loved!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
What a beautiful one shot! Wow...that blew me away!
Willofthewisp chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
"Everyone was alive and well and gathered together on one of Neverland's more secluded beaches, quietly celebrating their reunion. The danger and near misses of the day were forgotten as if they never happened. But Emma couldn't just forget."-I know we all kind of want a massive party for when they find Henry and everyone's safe and reunited, but maybe what all of them actually need is just some peace. I get why Emma just needs to wander off for a moment. There has literally been no time for her to adjust to anything. She's now someone's daughter. She's now someone's mom. She's a princess from another world. All these things and more have to sink in. I love how you've kept that intact with her. This is so thoughtful.

"...in a battle of deadly shadows, adrenaline, and ringing swords."-gorgeously worded.

"...a hideously gaunt figure that would likely haunt her nightmares for an eternity."-slightly off-topic, but Henry should have like PTSD after encountering that thing.

A lot of people kind of make Hook the hero of the rescuing of Henry, and they do that either by sacrificing Emma and everyone else's roles and make them just helpless, or they do what you do and pull it off so as to make up for the poor guy being taken out by, let's see...library books, umbrella stands, etc. I do think he wants redemption and purpose in life and this chance to save someone and really be a part of this mission will show us what he is truly capable of.

"Gold would be apart from them, sitting straight and unnaturally still on his perch near the fire, observing them with a glint in his eye that said he knew more of their secrets than he let on."-That sounds so right. I love this image.

"Merely the pleasure of your company and conversation, Swan."-Aw! Not a bad flirt. I can just hear his voice so well here.

"Just for a minute Emma thought he was going to yell back, and part of her welcomed it. If she could manage to be angry with him for a few days, it would sure make it a hell of a lot easier to put aside the other emotions that threatened her sanity tonight."-You know Emma soooo well! She's not going to be ready to just jump in after all of that. She's spent her whole life putting up walls that keep people out. She'll try even harder to keep them there when someone is close to scaling them.

I like that you give Bae his dignity. I like him and I do want him to be happy and for he and Emma to have a friendship. I just don't think they're right for each other. I think their ILYs were part nostalgia, part trauma (as getting sucked into a portal tends to stir), and part the attachment they have to one another that they are mistaking/hoping is True Love.

"I'm here for you, Emma. And I am not going anywhere."-Aw! Some things need to be heard even more than a full-out declaration of love.
unbrokensaviorwithperfecthair chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
aihfishfoshfoshf... I just, I can't deal with this... the feels... please excuse me while I flail. *flails*
missmandapanda chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Very sweet. I really liked this!
messymind chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
That was lovely
FF.netfanHANNAH chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Aww, that was cute. I particularly liked the end, about keeping the walls down for one night but keeping a door open for him. I think that's actually a really beautiful and accurate metaphor for them :)
kdhbookworm chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
This was so sweet and if they don't put a scene somewhat similar to this in the show, at some point, I think I'll cry. You captured Emma perfectly.
PeaceHeather chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Oh sweet baby potatoes, I needed a fic like this tonight. Thank you so much for posting it.
loveimagination18 chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Wtf I have a problem with this because uts just so fuckin epic! I loved it!