Reviews for The Secret Diary of Samwise Gamgee aged 33 3/4
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
Very good. Sweet and amusing and you've got Sam completely in character.
Evergladelord chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
The best thing about this diary is that the lack of comprehension shown by Samwise is very much in keeping with his character. You should really continue this!
Erulasse chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
Hilarious! But WHAT WAS the elvish on the first page? You've made me desperate to know now. Very funny though. Just a question - did you know that on your bagenders site the third series, half of the second series and some of the pictures and comics have disappeared? It's causing some Disturbance In The Ranks. Oh well, very funny.
LaughingAstarael chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
This is really interesting. I like how you made it clear what was really going on without really making Sam sound stupid. For Sam is not stupid, just not as fast as the others.
*sighs* I'll never accept my Frodo in slash, not compleatly, but I do recognize good work. And this is good work!
Peace and many beans,
~~L. Astarael
Tatsutahime chapter 1 . 11/10/2003
*laughs* I like this, Sam's thoughts are very in character and well written out. I'd definetly like to read more of this.
Wilwarin chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
I hope I'm not *too* late in reviewing this. I just wanted to say that this is one of the best stories I've read in a long time. Thank you!
Aruraya chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
Not bad at all! Nice little moments and events thatall sound very plausible and flow together nicely. I want to know what happens when Sam takes his journal on the Quest...
Godforsaken chapter 1 . 12/26/2002
I like. Not up to my usual standard of slashiness in the fics I read but it's very well done and funny n cute.
Kayt chapter 1 . 9/18/2002
Come on! You can't leave us hanging like that!
Haeharmaiel chapter 1 . 9/13/2002
Hey, I really enjoyed that. It's really well written, you've done the diary style really well! I loved the bit about Frodo's Elvish inscription, lol. My mind certainly filled blanks there. But aw, when Frodo cried at Sam's poem, I felt awful.

I love Adrian and Bridget, so i found it great the way Sam kept some of Adrian's naivite. Are you going to carry this on at all? But I beg you not to get Sam to ask Fro for girl advice. Eeeep, would be terrible. Poor Frodo! Thanks!
Eowyn chapter 1 . 9/6/2002
This is great!

You actully made me sympathize with Frodo, which is not so good you MUST stop. (hee hee)

Write more!

pleeaassee
aprileagle chapter 1 . 9/4/2002
Hello,

I had to laugh out loud when I read this. Especially the scene where Sam gets the translation of the Elve's worda Frodo wrote down in his diary... and he thinks that Merry translated it wrong.

I just could see Sam's innocent face. That was really great.

And that dream was also great _.

Write more.

April
lil chapter 1 . 9/4/2002
Grest stuff! But why are you all alone at the mo? Arent you and Random dent putting your heads together to produce the next bagenders episode. If not, i hope you are soon. Or at least the next chappie of this fic. I like the subtle stuff.
greenfairie chapter 1 . 9/1/2002
This is a really good story, but what did Frodo write at the beginning of his diary? I want to know! haha, keep up the good work!
Manc Admirer chapter 1 . 8/31/2002
I'm enjoying this and I hope you will continue into Solmath, do you think the hobbits have an equivalent to Valentines Day?

Its a nice change having a story told from Sam's point of view and I wonder when he will cotton on to all the intrigue and scandal going on around him and understand his relationship with Frodo better.

Frodo seems so hesitant and sad and the poem was quite symbolic, but I think Frodo will have to make the first move, or maybe he did with the elvish inscription, can't wait to find out what is written.

Overall a lovely balance of humour and pathos.