Reviews for The Wayfaring Stranger
Lysana chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Awesome, Sauron! Bravo! You've made some good poetry here, as usual. I can picture Maglor singing it as he wanders the lonely shore. The landscape, the lighting, the gulls, everything.

As a diehard Maedhros fangirl myself, I really appreciated the verse you put in about him. I knew instantly who you meant. Somehow it was all the more powerful because you didn't use his name. It really works because, when you're talking to someone you know very well, you don't always say their name. The way Maglor simply says 'Oh, Brother' here really emphasizes the bond between them and Maglor's pain at missing him.

I've read a few angsty Maglor fics and liked most of them. This is one of my favorites. What can I say? It's been much too long since I've read your work. Your stories always shine.

-Lysana
Mornen chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
A lovely angsty poem. :)
"I search in vain this swelling grave," - There's something about this line that stands out to me. It makes me think of all the dark thoughts you can have when near the ocean, wondering how many bodies lie beneath the waves.
And I loved the sound of "Feel you yet my dark regret" It was brilliantly poetic.
DarthMihi chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
You called it 'The Wayfaring Stranger'! Brilliant! A Maglor poem, cool. I like the fifth stanza, I think. This poem reminds me of a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow called The Tide Rises, the Tide Falls. I'm no genius when it comes to critiquing poems, (though I end up helping Celt often enough) but I think this poem is great. Thanks so much!

DarthMihi
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Ooooh! Thank you. :) This is lovely. You have great words and images and everything. I particularly love the refrain. And the title. Puns are awesome! I know there's more I should say, but I'm still digesting and thinking the poem... Wonderful work, SG! Thank you very much. Allow me bestow on you a Virtual Hug.
RandomCelt
AmazingWriter123 chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Your poetry has a nice ring to it.