Reviews for Wisdom
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
So I really liked the line about Gellert being mad that Albus thought the world had stopped, while Albus was mad that he thought it still moved on without her. (Although, quick typo alert: "His is furious at you" instead of "He is furious at you.") I also really liked the different mentions of pride at-how it was Grindelwald's failing (which makes sense) and then how the story ends with the line 'You take no pride in it'-that was great. And Dumbledore of course seems very IC throughout, what with his references to love being a strength. Also, this is a minor thing, but I thought the summary for the story was very intriguing.

Anyway, nice one-shot!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I'm not sure if you know just how hard I ship these two. I don't know what it is about them, but I just adore them.

Dumbledore. He was so real here. Love can be blinding and he was completely and totally blinded by [a pretty face and words woven like fairytales] - I cannot express in words what this line does to me.

Gellert. I love how he is cold and bitter, but he can charm his way through anything, charm Dumbledore enough to manipulate him. And the thing is that Dumbledore doesn't realize it until it's too late because he's in love and Gellert is not.

[His is furious at you for believing the world should stop because of what happened. You are furious at him for believing it still moves on without her] - firstly, "His" should be "He". But that doesn't even matter because I love this. I love how they are both angry at each other for different reasons, and those reasons show how different they are. It's heartbreaking that Gellert is cold enough to be angry that Dumbledore wants to the world to stop turning after Ariana dies.

I love how you showed the aftermaths of Ariana's death and the legendary duel between Albus and Gellert. It really shows how different they are, how much Albus has grown as a person. I adored it.

["You are, as you have always been, weak. And you will fall."] - But Albus knows of all his weakness, knows of his shortcomings. He understands himself and that's why he won. He understood himself and he understood Gellert. And Gellert wasn't expecting that.

[Do you not understand that love will break you] - I love this line. Because love can break you in if you love the wrong person. And it broke Albus because he loves Gellert. And then you added [It is love that is our greatest strength] - and that is true. Loving is our greatest strength even if it also has the power to break us. And Gellert would never understand that because he's heartless and cruel.

[You learned that pride could break you, and only humanity could save you.] - this line is just love. That is all it is.

This is just lovely, darling. I love it.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Painfully insightful. Keep writing
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Poor Albus. This was really good. :)