Reviews for Kaleidoscope
Halle Alexis chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
I really enjoyed this. It's just how I imagine Branch and I love this writing style. I'm so excited to see Cady and Branch attempt to reconnect and I so want it to work out for them.
cherrygurl1225 chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Ah, this is just wonderful! I actually read this before I saw the episode and wasn't aware that this fic had some (potential) spoilers, though it didn't spoil too much for me. I was actually gonna ask you for Longmire fic, so I'm REALLY glad you wrote this because you have this beautiful way of capturing the juxtapositions of the Cady/Branch relationship.

I, too, feel like Branch loves her. He loves her in his own way, though. And it's not one he is able to express easily. He observes her, checks in on her apartment while she's gone and obviously takes more than a casual interest. Sometimes (at least to me) it seems like he cares about her more than Walt does (but I don't think that's Walt's fault, I think he's too caught up in his own drama to notice his daughter's pain and/or curiosity). However, Branch knows better than to cross lines, especially after they've slept together.

You sum it up perfectly with:
"Her life isn't easy. He's watched as taking care of Walt strains her, makes her lose herself in him some nights and maybe that's not a bad thing but Cady tells him she feels emptied, hollowed out. Branch doesn't want that for her. He wants to make her feel complete."

AHHH. YES. This is EXACTLY it. This is PERFECT. I hope Branch does get over whatever he's going through and admits his feelings because, even through subtle moments in that episode, I do think he harbors feelings for her. A woman he can't have. Irony can be so cruel.

Your ending is also perfect and gave me SO MANY FEELS. GAH, they really do have a twisted, flawed relationship, but it's what I love best about them.

"It's hard to come back from where they've been, but Branch loves her and that's not going to change. He's never said it. Maybe he should."

He definitely should! Thank you for sharing another beautiful Longmire fic with us and for introducing me to this wonderful show, especially this relationship. My absolute favorite pairing on this show. Your work is always such a pleasure to read, Liz! Please keep it coming. :)
Scarlet Garter chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
"He's never wanted to hurt her. That's not what it's about. Not about hurting Walt either. It's about getting places, moving up, changing things. If he could have Cady and be Sheriff he'd die happy, he's sure of it. But that would be easy and life's not easy."

""It's all in the cards, Henry. I don't tip my hand that often."
But Cady walks in and he wants to, he really does. He'd show her the entire deck if it meant being able to have her."

You truly have a gift for putting together just the right words, as quoted above. Plus I think you've captured Branch's thoughts and emotions very very well. Looking forward to more of your work.

SG