Reviews for Higher EDucation
Dude! This was awesome! Give us more! Please!
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 11 . 7/10
Odd that Edd didn't make more of a fuss about Gary's garb.
Trainalf chapter 15 . 7/5
Even though this appears to have been discontinued, the quality is too great for me to just pass by without saying anything. This is one of those unlikely crossovers that blends unexpectedly and incredibly well. There’s a lot to compliment.

The worlds- As different as EE&E is from Bully, you still managed to catch the atmosphere or each just well. It keeps the humorous and adventurous tone of the Eds’ usual adventures. The occasional 4th wall jokes never ceased to amuse me. Bullworth keeps its dystopian feel and you manage to adapt many of the game mechanics well. Gary’s yearbook was a genius idea, I must say.

Characters- As remarkable as it is, you managed to keep the Eds all in character despite the radically different setting they were in. They react to the happenings of Bullworth just like one would expect them to. As soon as I started reading, I wondered if the amazing strength Ed used to help and save his friends would factor in, and I was pleased to see it would. Bullworth’s denizens all keep their correct personalities and you manage to include a lot of them in one way or another.

Plot- This is the part that made me really like the story. You exceed where many crossovers fail. The Eds couldn’t be any further in personality from Jimmy, so one wouldn’t expect them to do any of the same things he did. But you set it up so it works. They have a believable motivation and excuse for what they do. The original bits were refreshing- you keep it from being a complete rehash.

The fact that this hasn’t been updating in a year is disheartening, but I’ve seen writers bounce back from longer hiatuses. It’d be great to see this revived, but I can understand if it never does. What there is was enjoyable to read.
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 10 . 6/27
Glad to see another original mission. Does this mean they will not be doing the presidential mission for the nerds?
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 9 . 6/26
Via chapter 8: the website sent my review before it was done

Nice letter. Honestly thought Eddy would be the one to get the skateboard, low center of gravity and desire to be 'cool' and all. Something to keep in mind as you expand the skill set of the eds, be sure to use all of them every now and again. Maybe have Ed dive into a battle on the beach by boarding off the pier and divebombing the poor sods where Eddy had led them through heckling and less incapacitating means such as stinkbombs or eggs, while Edd picks them off at a range. Hope this brightened your day a bit and filled you with the desire to update.

This chapter:

So Edd has Beatrice, my money is on Zoe or Pinky to Eddy. Ed could be Lola (depending on if she sticks with chief greaser or not) or maybe Mandy, if his physical prowess gets him on the football team or something.
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 8 . 6/21
Nice letter.
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 7 . 6/21
Can't wait for a new chapter.
Dude! Please continue this! It's absolutely brilliant! Putting the Eds in Bullworth is absolutely genius! I have to see how this ends.
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 6 . 6/3
Nice to see some unique missions in this, perhaps some of them will be geared more towards combat when some new chapters come out.

Will the Eds update their style at all, either outfit wise or by accessorizing?
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 5 . 6/1
While I don't mind Ed being a bit too aware of what he is and where he is, be careful you don't have him directly address the reader, that tends to kill a good story in my experience.

If it was a minor case of hazing what point is there in chastising the Ed's for responding?

Nice Bioshock reference.

It is nice to see their fighting styles develop, and while Eddy is the resident bully expert, what unique skill/s will he bring to the field of battle?
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 4 . 6/1
Funny he said Canada rather than any other, as it was a Canada based studio that ran them.

Would one of the Ed's sidequests happen to involve the chem teacher? I figure that would be a mighty interesting adventure. Perhaps so they can learn rubber cement? Roman candles? Bootleg smelling salts?
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 3 . 6/1
Interesting to see Ed's hidden potential in both the physical and mental arts start to shine, can't wait to see more of it.

Will they ever interact with Gloria again? Perhaps a surrogate little sister to Ed?
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 2 . 5/22
Pretty sure with how he goes through it it was not enough gravy.

Plank and his access to gamefaqs.

That does seem like it would be a part of Rolf's culture, it is always nice how you manage to work the characters so well.

Wonder how Sarah and the Kankers will react should they find out their boys are making moves at the new school?

A thought occurs, will Eddy's bro make an appearance in a form other than Eddy's past tutor in the bullying ways? Or will he remain as obscure as he was in the series, with the exception of the finale?
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 1 . 5/18
This crossover meshes so perfectly I'm surprised it has never been done before.

You'd think the school crest and motto would make Edd more leery of the school.

Seems a bit much to have Edd start stuttering at the slightest mention of him being brave. Land's sake, at least wait until he starts feeding you why you are so brave before your knees start knocking.

A few slight errors, such as their being four parents at the start rather than six (unless Edd's parents had not arrived at that point), when Eddy was describing the school's bullying problem apart rather than a part of the Bullworth family.

Interesting characterizations of the parents, it seems the sons take almost exactly after the fathers personality wise.

Seems a muted response to Sarah's dim view of her brother, but then again with her mother dressing in gingham and her son taking more after her husband I suppose she dotes on her and is unwilling to take a dim view of her little darling.
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 15 . 5/15
Cool stuff, just got through binge reading this story, so now I'm going to give it a read through again and review each chapter. I quite like how the eds are essentially a part of Jimmy, Ed his fighting prowess, Eddy his bullying techniques, and Edd his more technical side. You are quite good at writing the eds as they are, and I look forward to reading more.