Reviews for Albus Potter and the Descent of Dismiusa
ndesi62 chapter 29 . 11/1
With Dismiusa dead, can the muls still even survive? If they die out, how long will the Sandbloods' supplies of MM last?
ndesi62 chapter 28 . 11/1
Random unsorted thoughts: I love that Janelle finally played some role in the story other than snogging Albus. Siobor as Solomon makes perfect sense, I had suspected as much even as I hoped it would be otherwise. It seems that Solomon and Swift are the most knowledgeable experts on Devoctricities out there. Crazy that Swift knew by name more than twice as many as even Dismiusa did and had managed to squeeze not one, but three, into a simple knife. Exo was right, there has to be some deeper cause behind why so many more people are suddenly discovering this. Really not sure what to think of Degulson... you're obviously dropping hints that he might be a traitor, but I get the sense that he's not actually. I cannot BELIEVE Asher's mom was allowed to get away with her death threats. Considering that she's a murderess in her own right, and now also a high-risk of committing some extreme crime to get revenge for her son, it's insane that the Aurors haven't at least put her into preventative detention if not killing her outright. Same for her son—regardless of age, he should be in Azkaban. Also, getting back to this chapter, it strikes me how much easier a lot of things would have been if people were just open with each other. I hope Albus learns a lesson from Janelle's successful intervention, namely that involving adults in his adventures isn't always a bad idea. Finally, I enjoyed seeing Sparky. I wonder if we'll ever get to see Mt. Solaris.
ndesi62 chapter 16 . 10/30
I've been reading voraciously for a good week or two now, and stormed my way through all the earlier books and chapters without once slowing down enough to leave a review (sorry about that... heheh. but your writing's that good). For this chapter though, I just had to! Asher Pierce escaping is so unspeakably terrifying, I dont know if I'll even be able to sleep tonight. This Dismiusa stuff is definitely the stuff of nightmares! I'm not sure if Wilcox and the other staff have realized it yet or not, but Asher Pierce escaping into the forest will very soon mean a dead Asher Pierce, since there's no way for him to survive on his own. That, in turn, will soon mean a magic-wielding Foki, since the Foki fungus is sure to pounce as soon as asher is dead. What's more, this super-foki will be capable of sneaking into the castle undetected—the ultimate security breach.
I knew leaving Asher alive was a bad idea. Everyone was able to tell from the moment his sentence was issued that eventually one of his friends wouldve broken him out. The professors shouldve either incarcerated his brother and other cronies at the same time as Asher, or else just executed Asher on the spot.
And I'm surprised they're not reacting more strongly to the fact that an accomplice within the castle helped him escape. Whoever the accomplice was, they effectively committed treason by handing a perfect weapon-asher's corpse—over to the enemy. If I didnt know this story had a sequel, I would say that Hogwarts is now more likely doomed than not, all thanks to that traitor. Without a doubt, Red Pierce, Asher's friend whom Louis said probably helped him escape, and anyone else who even sympathizes with Asher should be executed, both to prevent them from inevitably committing further treason and to deter any other slytherins who may be thinking of following their paths. A patronus should be sent to the Aurors as well so they know to execute his mother—she'll inevitably find out about her sons' deaths and react by trying to kill someone like Helio, Louis, etc.
The Glitch chapter 26 . 10/8
I don't trust Desulgon any more.
The Glitch chapter 20 . 10/8
This is my favorite book in the series so far.
The Glitch chapter 13 . 10/7
Is Solomon a good guy or not?!
The Glitch chapter 12 . 10/7
This is so awesome!
AdamHeatherly chapter 11 . 9/5
I forgot whos head of griffindor here?
puretapatricia chapter 5 . 8/19
I got sorted in griffindor with an ebony wood with dragon heartstring, 10 1/4 inches wand. The articles are really interesting, it's amazing to know more about the wizarding world
puretapatricia chapter 5 . 8/19
This is an absolutely interesting story, I only started reading the series a couple of weeks ago, although the books are nice, I didn't like the first book ending. A bit boring, no offence. I only see a small mention/ side effect of the revelation. None the less the series is amazingly thrilling. I hope the rest of the series is as good as the first three! keep it going
shiiki chapter 29 . 8/14
And another book comes to a close! I'm a little iffy on this ending. It certainly dives right into the next book, but that creates its own problems, because I don't have a full sense of closure from this book, especially as things keep happening to Albus right up to the end, with the Fiendfyre, and new information and mysteries keep getting dropped in an obvious way. I don't mean the small hints and clues in tiny details like the conversations going on naturally around him (Alana and Sylvester and Eftan for example) but the big obvious things with Desulgon and Westerling, and of course the information about the Sandblood base. While that stuff is good to know to advance the plot, I thought it might serve better to open the next book rather than end this one, because the ending of a book is an awkward place to further plot.

That said, the main plot of this book was a great one. I enjoyed the creativity of the Dismiusa siege with all the creatures, and getting the chance to have the characters shine in each their own way as they fought their way through together.
shiiki chapter 28 . 8/14
You did beautifully with the Phoenix song, really managing to convey the sadness of the lament and the emotions it evoked in Albus and probably even Harry as well. The reveal about Siobor didn't really come as a surprise, but throwing in the fact about Hugh January was an unexpected twist, so you did get me there!

The only thing I would quibble about is how this sequence comes in at the end of the book, which just feels a bit off from a narrative standpoint-it doesn't flow so well from the main action with Dismiusa.
shiiki chapter 27 . 8/14
Albus might have convinced Janelle, but he hasn't swayed me. I still don't believe that John Solomon is innocent, because from the beginning, I found the Lunar Eclipse stuff suspect, since the Siren Song Charm was explained. I always thought the Auror's explanation made more sense, and this is one point where I feel like beating my head against a wall every time Albus argues his case. But I suppose it serves a good purpose in a way: 1. It shows he really isn't perfect, and can be duped. 2. It's a chance to see more of the world, which your story explores to great effect.
shiiki chapter 26 . 8/14
Here's where Desulgon becomes incredibly complex, and I do enjoy this part, because I already liked him, but this adds a whole new layer to the guy.

I also thought it interesting how although the story has pretty much wrapped up the Dismiusa act, there's still the bit with John Solomon left to go. Like a little loose end that's aside from the main plot. Structure-wise, it sticks out a bit, but action-wise, it keeps us as readers on continual tenterhooks because there's always that extra thing to keep looking forward to where we want to find out what will be happening.
shiiki chapter 25 . 8/14
Whew. Another action packed chapter! I'm enjoying my reread of all of this. Loving the dialogue, particularly James's snark. And Professor Longbottom taking up McGonagall's role from DH-awesome!
1,109 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »