Reviews for Batman: Brave
Sir Jason Gray chapter 9 . 7/11/2013
I'm loving the still-mounting suspense of an uncertain villain! Even if LM is the villain, Vega's kidnapping, the Broker's out-of-character behavior, and now the waterfront explosion are disarming clues. Luthor might even be the baddie! :-O

Some questions:
1) What happened to Robin/ Dick Grayson? I thought he was Nightwing, but I'm not canonical on all Batman verses. Just the animated serieses, and the movies.
2) Penguin had a point about Batman's character: He's too boring and flat. In "Superman: Bold" Clark was a little OOC when he turned aggressive in the second interview. Bruce desperately needs some rounding. What will it take for him to display a more human level of emoting?

Looking forward to more,

Jay "Kidd" Grayson
MerToTheCado chapter 9 . 7/11/2013
Nightwings a woman?
DAISHIGAJO chapter 8 . 7/11/2013
The Fiora/Vega dynamic is going to get more complicated. Then again the whole story is actually.
Sir Jason Gray chapter 8 . 7/11/2013
You did a really good job with the dialogue here. Wayne and Gordon's interaction is organic. I got the feeling when Barbara and James talked that you either have experience with a loved one in public service, or really great instincts. Which one? I must know.

Fiora and Vega seem like a highly compatible supervillain partnership/ couple. I've always enjoyed supervillain partnerships because of the many dynamics that can play in those couplings. Will they partner up against Batman? I hope so.
Sir Jason Gray chapter 7 . 7/10/2013
Another suspensful chapter! With so many potential villains, this story is really heating up. I'm excited to see who will be in the final fight, or if this story will pit villains against each other.
DAISHIGAJO chapter 6 . 7/7/2013
I like Iron Man. I just thought it was good for a laugh since the two characters get so many comparisons (billionaires funding their tech to be heroes).

The brevity of the trial run isn't to indicate it's the only thing Batman did that night as opposed to it being the only thing I want to reveal about the Batman outfit at this time. If this were a book or I was writing at the pace of the Superman story, it'd take place in context of Batman's other heroic actions that are following.

Which is just the thing: I want to reserve the awesome elements of Batman in action for when it's really called for, which hasn't happened just yet. Give too much away early and you reveal the surprise of later.

The Selina/Bruce dynamic is hard to balance. You have two independent, strong characters. I don't want Selina coming off as needy, although I do want her to come across more open to emotional engagement. Bruce is every bit in need; he's still human, he just chooses to hide it more. The goal is to show two emotionally damaged individuals grasping at each other the best they know how. But I have to be careful with Selina because she's not a damsel in distress, and the risk of her being open to emotional entanglement can lean that way if I'm not gentle with the material.

Warren White was a stock broker investor who was imprisoned for illegal trading. After a run in with Mr. Freeze, his skin was frostbitten and his features took on the elements of a great white shark as his skin decayed and receded.

I took a break from writing for the July 4th holiday week but have a new installment coming up soon.
Sir Jason Gray chapter 4 . 7/7/2013
I like the cheap shot at Iron Man. I'm not a fan and take it you aren't either?

In this chapter, I feel like the night patrol was too rushed. Not saying that Old Gotham is filled with crime, but it was too cursory to conclude the trial run with only one event. Even without additional criiminal activity, Bruce could have gone swimming or any number of other tests for the new suit's capabilities.

The Bruce-Selina dynamic is awesome, and really, your character interactions keep the story going between major plot developments. Since I never read the comics, who was/is Great White?
DAISHIGAJO chapter 5 . 7/4/2013
In my head she has black hair, so that's what I imagine in the story as well. . /_cb20111019025961/batman/images/c/c5/1100506-batm an_613_ is the image that was one of the primary inspirations for the story.
Sir Jason Gray chapter 3 . 7/4/2013
I have to hand it to you, there is brilliance in the way you played up enough chemistry between Selina and Bruce to root for, but not so much that it became unbelievable. And there's a lot of technical skill involved to write such intense fight scenes without killing a character, even accidentally.

Two questions:
1) Is your Selina a blonde or brunette? I seem to remember a blonde version from comic canon or the 1990s animated series or both.

2) Why not even one more accidental death?

Jay "Kidd" Grayson
DAISHIGAJO chapter 3 . 7/4/2013
Well I do have to find ways to plant my hooks for readers ;)
Sir Jason Gray chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
I'm enjoying the fluidity and suspense of the story, but it's far from standalone. The brief reference to the climactic fight from "Superman Bold" would leave a newcomer wondering "What fight?" Brilliant plug-in.

I'm looking forward to more RJ. As a minority bro, I like minority characters.
DAISHIGAJO chapter 2 . 6/29/2013
Lol just be aware I won't be posting as rapidly as I did to the Superman story, which was in my blood for a long time.
Princess Unikitty chapter 2 . 6/29/2013
yes, a sequel! hope this one is just as good as the first. (nice reference to the "brave and the bold" comic in both of your titles.)
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3