Reviews for In Memoriam
Awesome
victor janus chapter 1 . 10/17/2016
Freaking beautiful man.
victor janus chapter 16 . 10/18/2016
it continues to be amazing to bad you stopped.
Lord-Sylph chapter 16 . 6/9/2016
I desperately hope this fic isn't dead, while I may not agree with some of the plot/character changes, I do LOVE this retellings of the Level Upper arc. I hope it continues
Lord-Sylph chapter 2 . 6/8/2016
The white haired young man...Accelerator? I can understand why the geis would believe she was in mortal danger
UNSecur chapter 14 . 5/15/2016
I get that you're /probably/ never going to finish this story. But could you at least post a brief summary of what happens after this epic cliffhanger? pretty please? :(
UNSecur chapter 3 . 5/14/2016
Time for the fourth reread of In Memoriam...

Still one of the top 10 things I've ever read. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2016
戻って来い!戻って来い!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2016
もっと読みたいんだもん!えらいよ、これ。続いてよ!
Infinite Freedom chapter 16 . 4/12/2016
I have to say, this is probably the best To Aru story I have ever read. Please tell me that the next chapter will be out soon.
KazuSakai chapter 16 . 4/4/2016
I remember reading this as you wrote the chapters way back at 2013. It was a glorious time for me because I was having a hard time at college.

Now, a month until it will 2 years since you last updated the fic and I hope someday you will return here and continue this. The story has lot of potential and honestly, this piece is one of the most well written To Aru fics out there. (Shout-out to Stormwolfrex who has yet to gave us a news if he still is alive or not, cries for Durandall)

Well-written in the sense of the way the story flows nicely and despite it was written in a 1st Person POV, like the way it was written in the original works, its engaging for the readers and it keeps them to continue reading it. I prefer a 3rd Person POV style of work but that's my preference.

Too bad that Baka-tsuki removed their translations of To Aru, I just hope someone managed to download the pdfs of the translated stuff so that other people can read the Light Novels. Maybe that is also a reason why you stopped or lost inspiration in continuing. That's is just a theory of mine so I hope you won't think that I am mad that you stopped. We all can't help but watch as they delete it because they are forced to do so by the law.

Nevertheless, thanks for writing this work of yours and may you have a good day.
case opened chapter 16 . 1/31/2015
Any plans to continue this?
CheeseDinasty chapter 16 . 1/14/2015
Hello, Sir or Madame!

I finished reading this fantastic piece of work not too long ago, and I must say, it gave me everything I originally wanted from the lousy original series and then much, much more.

But before I dive into the review, I saw that the last time you updated was on May of the year 2014. That’s an awful of a long time ago in internet years. Are you planning to continue this fanfic? I must know this, please. Or else I’ll check every day for years to come for an update until I'm nothing more than a smelly skeleton...

So now, onto the review!

Firstly, all your characters are fantastic. It’s as if you took the characters and poured all the stupid out of them, like another reviewer said.

I loved what you did with Touma's character. You took that McNormal Everydude harem lead and gave him an actual personality. He's witty, fun, rightfully jumpy and, just like the original Touma, always butting in to help people (only here it’s not just to add more girls to his harem, but an actual character trait that seems to be born from a mix between wanting to be the hero and show off, and a genuine, honest to goodness desire to just help people). I-I can actually sympathize with him! Even more amazing than that, I find myself rooting for him, when in the original series I'm just rolling my eyes at his victories. I care about this guy! Fantastic!

Another major improvement was Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun herself.

Misaka in the show is a mixed bag of beans. Her character is all over the place and I have a hard time deciding whether I find her sympathetic or not. The show tells you that she’s a pretty cool girl who doesn’t care about status or powerlevels, but then she’s chasing Touma all over the city like some insane Pikachu because he, a peasant level 0, beat her. She learns that relying on her friends is a good thing, but then she runs off flashing the more-hero-than-thou card and trying to do everything by herself (and, to my eternal discontent, actually succeeding most of the time).

Show!Mikoto, just like Show!Touma, seems to have the protagonist only benefit of being as reckless and hot-blooded as she wishes and succeeding every single time. And then there’s the horrible, cringe-worthy behavior of hers whenever she’s around Touma that includes (but is not limited to) stalking, forcing the guy on dates, acting outraged when she thinks he might be interested in a girl despite not even being his girlfriend, and trying to attack him while he’s injured – things that I can only chalk up to dumb harem antics. She also doesn’t show almost any of this behavior when Touma ISN’T around, so yeah.

Your Misaka, though, takes all the stupid out of the original and all that’s left is pure, concentrated awesome. She’s still a pretty cool girl who doesn’t care about powerlevels, but she DOES care about her status, as shown when she wants to live up to Uiharu and Saten’s expectations of a level 5, and she IS aware enough of her high level power so as to rationalize why she should jump into a conflict (unlike show!Misaka, who usually jumps into conflicts due to simple-minded recklessness). Her distaste with trying to be a superhero is also a pretty cool character trait you added in, and explains why she wouldn’t want to be in Judgment. And despite all that, it’s not like you completely took away her reckless, hot-blooded side, which materializes in the form of wanting to take action NOW when she does set her mind on something, despite how legal her approach may be (and it’s awesome that the normally cool and composed Uiharu seems to share that trait with her, but only when it’s personal!). This side shines especially when compared with Kuroko’s straight-lacedness. (Which makes the adorableness of Kuroko deciding to help Mikoto despite herself all the more adorable).

And then there’s the titular character, Index, but I’ll stop here, because if I started talking about how awesome your version of Index is, I’ll never stop.

To finish off before this review gets unbearably long (or maybe I already failed at that), I’m going to comment on how much I like what you’re doing with the different point of views here. I was a bit skeptical at first, since you decided to go for a first person point of view, which usually doesn’t go well with multiple pov, but you’re pulling it off really, really well. All the characters have their own voice, their own flair. This is especially noticeable in the scene when they’re in the mall when the terrorists attack, and Misaka jumps off the railing. The way we get to see it happen from different povs, and how it varies for each person is fantastic. Misaka’s own description is very technical. Like she’s just saying “oh and btw I jumped.” You understand what she’d doing from her point of view. It’s a means to an end. To Santen, it looks like an electrical angel falling down from heaven, which fits her level 5 worshipping characterization. And to Index, it looks like a Goddess of thunder, which fits her religious background. It’s fantastic and fitting and just plainly well-written.

I seriously hope you don’t decide to drop this series, as I’ve been enjoying it a ton. You’re a very talented writer, and you’ve certainly given the Raildex universe the attention to detail and good characterization it needs.

That’s all from me. Hopefully, I’ll get to review a next chapter.

Ciao!
UnlimitedFreeIceCream chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
I like this.
Sora with an S chapter 16 . 12/5/2014
I feel like I'm reading a Dresden Files fusion. Is that intentional?
Defiantly interesting, that's for sure.