Reviews for A Third Path to the Future
Theoneandonlymrpotato chapter 23 . 2h
awesome story
Rake1810 chapter 23 . 5/28
Great chapter and great lemon at the end.
aesir21 chapter 23 . 5/28
awesome chapter. i am glad Harry did not cower from Hela the goddess. Amazing information gathering on the state of the galaxy and Kree. I think Una will be a great help to Harry Co. I can't wait for the hover Saab cars to come out and only wish there was one for real. great job as always
pltrgst chapter 17 . 5/28
if one day they have a child, i hope jean or storm's child gets the power Over Element from the anime Inou battle, or Vector manipulation from Toaru. that would be awesome! imo

another great chap btw
Dracco chapter 23 . 5/27
quick question: will Deadpool make an apperance in your story?
docfrodo2 chapter 23 . 5/27
Awesome chapter thanks for the update
pltrgst chapter 13 . 5/27
another chapter of awesome fight.
i must say each chap is getting better and better i just want to keep on reading..
looks like a cool lance too, than canon..
Shikaku Zetsumei chapter 11 . 5/26
I don't say this often, but I absolutely loved the entire Hogwarts exploration scene. There was a good amount if suspense and creepiness to pair with the depressing revelation of what happened to the magical community in this dimension. Good job.

-Zetsumei
NarutoSpardaUzumaki chapter 20 . 5/26
I haven't finished the chapter but I was disappointed that Harry lost so much magical power... Hope he regains more in the future
Covante chapter 23 . 5/25
Other minorities which have had prejudice levelled against them wouldn't necessarily want to band together with the mutants because they are sympathetic to victims of bigotry. The bigotry against a group with genetic enhancements that allow them to do things most humans can't, differences which actually make them special, would be much different and stronger than the bigotry against other humans who are of a different race or religion or who have different sexual preferences or political views or whatever other 'petty' or 'superficial' difference two humans may have. Bigotry is based in fear and lack of understanding, mutants with superpowers are a lot more unfamiliar and difficult to understand than someone with a simple difference that they can easily understand and accept as a difference. Even if they don't think the other person is right or good to be different or that they are actively wrong to be different they can still accept that racial differences are a real thing (but their own race is the best) and that some people will do things they find disagreeable (their own opinions/preferences are the best). But the important thing to remember is that where the bigots can look down on minorities and call them inferior because they are poor/foreign/engage in stereotypical behaviours/whatever else, it's hard to look at someone like Magneto or Gambit or Mystique or Storm and justify calling them a subhuman. They are quite obviously superhuman. (So mutants like Toad or Nightcrawler are first held up along with any criminal mutants who have been caught using their powers to hurt people as the posterchildren of the mutant race by the bigot's propaganda machine. Then, once they've established that your 'typical' mutant is a freakish, immoral and dangerous criminal they trot out the powerful mutants who haven't done anything wrong and say, 'Just imagine how much damage this one will do when it goes bad. It's too dangerous to let a person with these sorts of powers run free. We make people register their firearms so why shouldn't something even more insidious and dangerous be registered?')

There is more cause to fear mutants so there is more vitriolic bigotry directed towards them, a more desperate attack launched because they really could strip the tyrannical bigots of their comfortably sheltered lives on the top of the social food chain and supplant them as the apex predator and force them to have to feel as though they are inferior. That's intolerable. Making someone feel inferior will piss them off a whole hell of a lot more than simply preventing them from feeling superior, the more superior they feel they are the angrier they'll be when they are shown up and the stronger their lust for vengeance and the closer to the top they were the stronger their desire to re-establish themselves as superior and rightfully dominant will be.

Desperation will make you accept all sorts of allies you wouldn't have given the time of day to the day before. If the bigots can band together with the human minorities ('At least they are actually human and aren't some sort of supernatural alien freaks.' Different skin pigmentation doesn't seem all that relevant anymore when there are people with telekinesis, freakish strength, mastery of the elements, explosive laser beams they can shoot out of their eyes, or who are some sort of weird furry devil monster that can teleport at will) then the minorities all of a sudden are finding the world a far more accepting place; just as long as they are willing to forswear those mutant abominations. Many of them would likely even decide to show themselves being extra vitriolic against mutants to help establish or firm up their new position. Even if they don't believe that what they are doing is right, it is an easy way to gain the acceptance of the people who have always denied you access to things before. Not everyone is courageous enough to turn away from that opportunity to get something they have been denied their entire life when it is so easily available to go and stand next to the newest group of unjustly oppressed. A fellow slave trying to prove their worth to the master can make for the cruellest and most brutal taskmaster. If a person is given the opportunity to go from whipping victim to whip wielder it's an exceptional person who will turn that opportunity down, knowing that if they do then they are going to be getting whipped twice as much, or more, from now on.

On a slightly more positive note there are some other possibilities. Neighbours who hate each other will work together to fight off a foreign invader. Also, those people who are part of an oppressed minority are still people, they have the same fearful reactions as anyone else when presented with something strange and different they can't understand. Their hate and fear and lack of sympathy could be genuine, they might see themselves as having been unfairly persecuted because of their race or religion or nationality or whatever minor difference people have used to justify discriminating against them and also see mutants as being rightfully discriminated against for being dangerous alien freaks. It doesn't just have to be fear of retribution which keep them from offering support.
Arkarian23 chapter 23 . 5/25
Wow, this has been 939k words of reading for me and has occupied my time for the last week or so. I'm very impressed with this story, both in terms of the plot and character development. I don't normally favourite an uncompleted story but considering the size of this I'll make an exception. Definitely looking forward to more of this in the future.
pltrgst chapter 5 . 5/25
pov change is too shifty imo. other than that, story is great.
and is that magia erebea full power?
whiteabyss89 chapter 23 . 5/23
Holy shit! Next chapter you'll hit 1 million words. The longest story I've ever read.
Harriverse chapter 21 . 5/23
OMG this was just a chapter? There was so much happening I actually gave up renewing my drivers license to keep reading.

Thanks for explaining about the Dragon Naturally Speaking program. I kind of wondered how someone who wrote so well would have so many typos or grammar mistakes. I'm using my tablet right now and it also makes mistakes when I speak instead of type. The only thing worse is actually trying to type on the stupid little thing. The only thing worse than that is trying to go back and correct typos.

The way you manage so many different characters is quite amazing. I kind of hoped that Sherlock Holmes and micro would join the party but that would be just a little too much. plus they don't fit into your general theme.

Other than that what can I say besides fantastic!

You did explain Harry's commitment to family very plainly.
Would consider doing a similar story to this but where its based in X-Men Evolution? Harry basically learns at the same rate as the others how to use and control his powers while socializing with the cast.
3,006 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »