Reviews for A Third Path to the Future
rjkeith chapter 44 . 6/1
Yo I just recently caught up with your story and I have to say it's pretty good. I did drop it at one point years back but at that time I didn't think about all the OP characters that are really in marvel and your Harry still doesn't top the list in comparasion to some of them. Kind a surprised you didn't go with the Life Bringer angle of Galactus from the Ultimates team that had Blue Marvel on it. Which I'm also surprised he hasn't been brought into the think tank though Harry might not know about him yet or he's not in your universe. Also curious about where the heck is Bucky yet unless he appears in this chapter that I'm currently reading. Kinda also wondering if Steve will find out about the Black Captain America from the comics Red, White, and Black.

Also there is one other group of I guess you can call them gods been a while since I read the series Runaways called the Gibborim. I'm actually surprised that the FF never ran into the Runaways since they are based in California and the team itself has a alien, a mutant, a magic user, a time travel, and a regular human. Used to be two but if you read the series you know what happened. Great comic series and great characters still holding out hope you might be able to get them in somehow. Also curious about or when Harry's group learn about the Nova core and Guardians of the Galaxy. Not going to say much on the Eternals since I learning more about them myself from Comics Explained youtube channel but since that group would have info on the Celestials I wouldn't be surprised if you might factor them in somewhere down the line. Keep up the good work wile I read this current chapter.
Damien NightFall chapter 44 . 6/1
God damn I just ran a marathon on this story, ignored every other story update or new story to get to the final available chapter and god damn was it worth it. I honestly don't know how you did it, but you have literally written a masterpiece of fanfiction, some of the best work I've ever seen. The character development, the world building, the grammar is perfect 95% of the time, the length of the chapter is bloody ridiculous, the plot progression is insane. A few hang-ups here and there but not nearly enough to turn me away from it. I've tried to read this story 3 times before but the length of it always burned me out around the time harry began hunting selenes caches.
In the end this was an absolutely magnificent story, written by a clearly exceedingly talented author. Do you perhaps have any original works?
InCK chapter 44 . 5/31
stephen strange is spelled with ph not v

"Stephen Strange"
not "Steven Strange"

also, what about Vulcan? aka Gabriel Summers?
does he not exist in this universe or will we get to see him at some point? maybe next chapter hopefully?
hikki08 chapter 16 . 5/31
really too forced for plot
so much nonsense
no ward for detection
just easily walk in the mansion and taking what they want
really author
this is too lame
Damien NightFall chapter 41 . 5/31
Ok no I have to point out Harry's fucking idiocy here. They just all but confirmed that the Shiar are happy about the fact that they literally cannibalised an entire fucking sentient race and he wants to save them? Hell no, Hell to the fucking dumb fuck no. This feels so forced, If Harry's saving people thing overrode his morals this much he would have never killed people. They literally just established that the Shiar will not deal with them in good faith, that they can't be trusted to hold their end of any deal they make because earth is inferior to them! And now you want to save them? Their thoughts won't be centred on gratitude, they will want to enslave you and everyone who helped you to make you theirs!
WearyCurmudgeon chapter 1 . 5/27
- Damien NightFall
Not the author, but feel the need to point out an oversight in your criticism.

"Lilith's bane" is still a magical artefact, irrespective of it being Holy Magic.

And Colossus' metal form canonically grants him a great deal of Magic Resistance enough so that he can even harm demons as if they were harmed with cold iron.

I point to the Pjotr vs. Sym fight back in the '90s.

So the artefact not being able to cancel out his powers is a perfectly reasonable interpretation of his magic resistance.
Damien NightFall chapter 38 . 5/29
Ok damn Harry is being entirely too lenient towards Russia. Just because the aliens goaded them towards war does not mean they are innocent, hell you said it earlier that they were already planning it and the aliens just gave them a target. Also it seems everyone was completely fine with using the cold device to kill millions, they only started to rethink their choice when it was revealed aliens were involved.

Huh why would a dark god decide to ally with humans and follow their commands?
Damien NightFall chapter 37 . 5/28
Damn that was one hell of a jump, the fighting starts and suddenly were 10 days in. If Harry found the crystal couldn't he theoretically drain the power from it and the people throwing their power at it? Also doesn't Harry have another gem he could have drained for a quick power up?

Eh this is getting a bit annoying, you've created a good excuse to get harry out of the fight but the trend of harry getting perfectly countered in battles is starting to get a bit annoying. The whole issue of all the magic users having to very barely slow down the cold by being in a constant ritual feels like such a badly thought out plan its ridiculous they've apparently kept doing it for 20 days. They're obviously not able to stop it, and yet the only thought on how to stop it came like 15 days in and it was essentially teleport heat into the earth, which wouldn't do anything against the planets leylines being contricted.

Huh interesting, I thought the heat would simply be used to fight back the cold but instead it's funnelled into gaea. Interesting concept
HarGrif chapter 24 . 5/28
C'mon, you kill off others but leave thanos to live! You must be a very evil, non-human a hole! You have lost a reader, you are not worth following anymore
Damien NightFall chapter 36 . 5/27
Huh I really don't like how harry seems to be half assing the creation of his country. I agree with his reason for using the lawyers, but if they have proved several times that they are intending to insert laws to limit his power or go against what the original ideas were then they clearly are not to be trusted in the creation of his country, rhe country that will be his responsibility. It doesn't really feel like harry to be so laid back about people trying to change what will be his responsibility for the rest of his life.
Damien NightFall chapter 33 . 5/26
Every other fight was good, but Harry's was honestly quite cringey. It was the quintessential comic book plot fight, where the villain magically has the perfect counter to the protagonist but the protagonist wins because the villain, despite being a genius to a level never before seen, is stupid enough to gloat and keep the protagonist alive for some inane reason. Also one thing, the liliths bane worked against Harry's mutant power, but why didn't it turn colossus back into human form if it works against mutant powers?
Lycan01 chapter 44 . 5/26
Good chapter.
JohnDouglas4274 chapter 44 . 5/24
Hmm, that's one way of dealing with potentially hostile aliens. I'm guessing the Chitauri invasion is going to happen in the next few chapters.
Damien NightFall chapter 29 . 5/24
If gambits device sent off a powerful enough signal to even breach the cave rhey were in wouldn't it be easy to follow/detect?
Kairan1979 chapter 44 . 5/22
Thanks for the chapter.
Glad to see Weapon X facility was shut down.
Looks like Emma is going to do something that'll make Punisher's methods look tame.
Pleased to see the fall of Shi'ar Empire. I don't have hopes that whatever rises from the ashes of the Empire will be better.
6,983 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »