Reviews for A Third Path to the Future
Zarroc789 chapter 36 . 5/21
I think it is very stupid Harry letting things slide past him in his forming his country. That is going to come back to bite him.
sd74 chapter 1 . 5/20
Have you seen Mario Warfare?
Damien NightFall chapter 22 . 5/20
Oh come on seriously? Harry deciding to fucking Duke it out with a random no name kree dude without powers is one of the most ridiculous things you've done. His friends life's are at risk every second they're there and he decides he wants to do something completely out of character and fucking fist fight some nobody instead of getting rid of him quickly and moving on to help his team.
Capecodmercury chapter 44 . 5/19
As you might be able to tell from the fact that I am still reading this story a million and a half words in, I've enjoyed this story and, by and large, I have appreciated the journey you have taken the characters on. It is a different take on many of my favorite characters.

But, I have to admit that this chapter, particularly the imposition of the virus, has left me shaking my head. I think I understand what you are trying to convey, but it just doesn't fit with the rest of the chapter. In particular, your description of the affect of the virus will be to directly cause the death of "billions if not trillions" of ordinary citizens of the empire.

In other words, the virus will cause the exact same affect that Galactus would have caused, only slower and with probably more pain. Now here is why I am shaking my head. Harry and the Custodes appear to be planning and ready to let the virus go well before their first meeting with D'ken.

My recollection of why the trip occurred in the first place was Harry's saving people thing. From the interrogation of Gladiator and the ship captain, they knew before they left Earth that the Empire and D'ken left a lot to be desired. And, they had a good idea that Galactus wasn't to be stopped. So, the explanation given was that they were going mainly to protect the common citizen of the empire.

But, by letting the virus out, hasn't Harry just changed the cause of the catastrophe from Galactus to himself?

My other reason for scratching my head is the utter needlessness of the action. Creating a virus to erase evidence and knowledge of Earth, that makes sense. Wiping out the Imperial Guard and D'ken and his sisters, also on point. But why utterly destroy the communication and central operating system when they know that will necessarily result in the death of trillions of innocent people throughout the Empire? It just doesn't fit the character arc you have Harry on and puts him squarely in the Red Skull, Mr. Sinister or Magneto category of megalomania.
Jay chapter 44 . 5/17
Bloody amazing, truly a work of art
Damien NightFall chapter 21 . 5/19
So Ororos getting the good old "Harry Potter Uses Time magic to become OP in seconds" treatment, Jean is constantly growing with the phoenix, and yet Harry got a nerf? I get hes more powerful than them at the moment but with the rate their powers are growing while Harry's power is being nerfed and limited will eventually make them stronger than him. That isn't bad in of itself, but completely halting the main characters development in exchange for other characters getting stronger makes a story stale.
Damien NightFall chapter 20 . 5/19
Seriously? Harry has fought several people already that he knows are a threat to him and the people that he cares for and yet he seems to be happy about losing rhe power he gained because he says he doesnt need it. Absolute bullshit, especially knowing he met a celestial and only got away because he used a spell he literally cannot use anywhere with collateral. I get Harry isn't a power hungry type, bit there is a vast difference between seeking power for the sake of power and seeking power knowing there are beings out there that could absolutely squash you.
Damien NightFall chapter 20 . 5/19
Oh great so Harry gained essentially nothing from that entire situation, actually he lost quite a bit of power. This is annoying, it's obvious you really wanted this plot to happen so much you pushed through a power up then took it away because you didn't want Harry to be this strong at this point in the story but were desperate to get the mephisto plot through. Might aswell have delayed the mephisto plot till Harry could have actually handled it, would have left less of a bitter aftertaste.
Damien NightFall chapter 19 . 5/19
Well thats... annoying. Harry having a limit to his magical power growth is going to frustrate me I can already tell, and I wonder if the purpose of making him release it into the leylines was so you could plausibly return Muggleborns.
Damien NightFall chapter 19 . 5/19
Why is Harry waiting until the sentinel project is finished before doing anything? That doesn't sound anything like him, the entire thing about him is that he's proactive. I get they don't have a lot of information, but they do have many ways to get that information.
Damien NightFall chapter 18 . 5/19
Ok this entire fight scene felt like amateur hour. It should not have taken anywhere near as long or been as difficult with their combined might. Ororo playing around with vulture in the sky for some reason, Jean holding back despite the prisoners now being safe? Vanguard or whatever his name is being almost completely useless the entire time, only one that even did his job half right was Piotr since he got to the prisoners and did his best to protect them until he had to run off with them because Jean apparently couldn't use a telekinetic shockwave then fly away. Bullseye only has good aim right? he should not have been anywhere near as difficult to kill as he was, vulture should have been defeated easily by Ororo but for some reason it takes her forever, Vanguard was literally trained since childhood to be a super soldier right? How the hell did crossbones beat the shit out of him?
Ah I see, storm wants the vulture alive, for some reason, and so is willing to risk her teammates lives to catch him alive.
Uh oh and there is rhe groups anonymity, using the health potions harry plans to sell before their on the market is a dead giveaway about who they are.
Damien NightFall chapter 18 . 5/17
This is a bit nonsensical. Piotr is a farm boy that has never seen beyond his little part of the world, his morals and ideals are based on this small part of the world and therefore naive because he could not possibly think of the bigger picture or outside of his little bubble of experience. Yes, soldiers sometimes aren't volunteers and are conscripted into the military, but you can not think of rhe troops on the otherside of the battle when you are in the midst of one. Also we cannot act like just because they were conscripted means that they should be automatically forgiven for whatever they have done, a conscripted nazi is still a nazi and deserves to be judged for whatever violations they have committed. To forgive them instantly is to spit in the faces on all those who have suffered under them,something rather reminiscent of Dumbledore.

And this whole thing about paying recuperation, even though we know rhey could clearly never meet the requirements, is also nonsensical. Maybe to the families of clearly conscripted and unwilling soldiers, but to the government? Hell no. "Hey sorry I stopped you from kidnapping, torturing, murdering, brainwashing, and experimenting on innocent kids. Here's some recuperation for me stopping you from committing crimes against humanity."
Damien NightFall chapter 17 . 5/17
What does Harry mean he's been getting cocky? He was in no real danger that entire time, none of the enemies presented a true threat. Jean going off alone into Selenes caches was a hell of a lot more arrogant than his actions here.
Damien NightFall chapter 15 . 5/16
The whole thing with Ororo and the translation spell is understandable to a degree, but honestly the fact she never wants him using it no matter the circumstance and is willing to bitch to him about it constantly is just annoying and really one of the only characteristics of hers that I dislike. I bet if she could she would force harry to never cast it again no matter the circumstances, which is so bloody petty.
Scorpion.Sorcerer7 chapter 44 . 5/15
Harsh, but feels like it’s needed.
6,980 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »