Reviews for Savior of Demons
Zephonius chapter 48 . 5/28
This has gotta be one of my favorite fanfics ever, it’s the perfect blend of keeping in character while also diverging in ways that can be interesting and entertaining but also an impossibility in canon. The characterization of everyone is great, not a single person coming off as being the way they are simply because it causes the plot. Truly a fantastic work
Kukapetal chapter 1 . 5/18
Apparently logging into this site is an utter impossibility right now so I’ll have to review as a guest.

Anyway, this is fantastic for a first chapter. Characterization is spot-on. Everyone “sounds” correct, to the point I could hear them talking in their Funimation voices. Seriously, you capture each character’s way of speaking perfectly. You also capture the various relationships between characters and relevant plot points (such as Gohan’s great power or the various characters’ trauma from the events on Namek) well and work them organically into the scene.

Frieza is especially well written, and you do a good job handling the wide range of emotions he goes through in this scene. From seeing his typical arrogance toward “lesser beings,” to seeing how intimidated he is by his father, to seeing how angry he is towards the heroes, to watching him break down from confident fighter to frustrated to childish, to dealing with PTSD, to utter terror once Goku returns…it was a rollercoaster but it all felt believable. Well done!

Also love how you write his father and him emoting with their tails!

Fight scenes are exciting and easy to follow too. I can tell you know your subject matter, and that’s always really appreciated. I’m a tiny bit torn on seeing the humans do so well against Frieza. On one hand, I LOVE seeing them get a chance to actually matter to the plot, but on the other hand it did seem weird that they could hold their own against Frieza when he was SO tough to defeat on Namek. But I can accept that they’d been training (nice to see their training with King Kai not go to waste in this fic) and that Frieza is dealing with a mangled body and serious psychological trauma that could def hamper his abilities. Besides, he did get the upper hand in the end, so it’s not like they curbstomped him.

There were a few places where two characters spoke in the same paragraph, and it felt like Bulma got lost in the shuffle, but these are pretty minor issues. Overall, this was a really strong beginning. Just wonderful!
Guitarlover56784 chapter 39 . 5/13
Don't leave!
Guitarlover56784 chapter 14 . 5/11
The majority of fics and comics show that friends power level, and gokus as a super saiyan, had a power level of 120-150 million. So vegeta getting frazzled by an 8 million power level... is weird
GymNatty321 chapter 6 . 3/13
INSTANT TRANSMISSION NOT SHUNKAN POO POO.
GymNatty321 chapter 4 . 3/13
this flash back is way to long, it should been max 5 k words not 40 k.
Terracotta Tortilla chapter 1 . 1/13
Ah. So Trunks doesn't get any spotlight. That's sad
TimsonShay chapter 1 . 10/20/2021
RIP Chris Ayres, the voice of Frieza.
Strange Toast chapter 48 . 8/6/2021
A happy anniversary to you! I do hope you feel better! SoD is a fantastic fic, but a the health of a person like you comes first!

Unfortunately, as much as I want to help out by being part of your creative team (And it would be an honor to do so), real life has unfortunately gotten in the way on my end. That being said, I'll be here to support you and SoD until the end of time! Get well soon!
ItsFuzzyPickles chapter 47 . 7/6/2021
I am going to leave a review here since in case you edit out the next chapter to include the story, I would like to review that.

It is good to hear that you are still around. I was wondering if the fic had been abandoned and I considered leaving a review earlier just to see what you were up to, but it is great to hear that it has not. Even if you are indeed on hiatus.

Here is to hoping that we see the story return in its glorious fashion. Freeza's epic tale of redemption must be told to its continuation.
Kiue Jin chapter 48 . 7/4/2021
I'm glad to hear that you're still around. You had me worried.
Zurr chapter 48 . 7/1/2021
Love your work and have been reading it for years, happy to see you're still kicking! Don't worry too much about the hiatus, do what you gotta to keep yourself healthy. Life, after all, is the most important story of all.

Your profile doesn't have a link to your other work or your deviantArt anymore, not sure if that's intentional? Good luck with whatever you're doing, though!
RocaxGF1 chapter 48 . 7/3/2021
Happy anniversary! I have been enjoying your fic since a long time ago, hope you keep being so dedicated to this great story.
Guest chapter 48 . 6/30/2021
I hope you can get to a better state of mind. I've been checking this fanfic regularly to see if it's been updated, and I'm glad to see you're still here!
dropout-ninja chapter 48 . 7/1/2021
Happy Anniversary to my favorite DBZ fics on this site! I've been so glad to get to read this tale. SoD is a whole experience and it's wonderful to see how far it's made it.
I wish you the best of luck in other ventures and team building and thank you once again for giving us readers this ride!
(gonna have to review as a guest for the actual chap 48 probably knowing this site, but I wanted you to know your reader base is supportive of this story through updates and hiatus both)
1,517 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »