Reviews for Incubation
Iamafanoftoomanythingstoname chapter 3 . 4/17/2020
Oh, man, was this a heart-wrenching story! I was so upset with Kirk for not being there for Bones, and being so hard on him! I actually winced and could feel my heart break with McCoy when Kirk shoved him and exploded, blaming him and calling him a killer. And then for McCoy to also blame himself...

I was afraid for a second that the dear doctor wasn't going to make it. I can imagine how heavy the guilt would be for Jim if he died; after all, he wouldn't have got a real chance to apologize. It was so good to see McCoy's friends caring for him in the end.
8.Years.Of.Silence chapter 1 . 9/2/2019
This story is awesome, one of my favorites! Personally, I would have liked perhaps another chapter concerning the recovery or fallout between Kirk and Bones, but I think that’s because I am a slave to interpersonal drama between these three :D Even without a lengthier resolution, this story is fascinating and such a good read. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Irene34 chapter 3 . 6/19/2018
Amazing!
Pawthorn chapter 3 . 5/20/2018
I’ve read this before, can’t believe I didn’t leave a review at the time. It is truly remarkable the amount of work you’ve done in three chapters. Difficult characterization too— playing up Spock’s compassion, Kirk’s bullheaded temper, and leaving McCoy pliable and unargumentative. Not an easy feat to accomplish while keeping them in character, but you handle it deftly. This flows so naturally as a TOS episode, that I can almost hear the music cues as I read. While I agree with your note at the end that many TOS episodes go frustratingly unresolved, I’m glad that lack of resolution prompts writers like you to fill in the gaps. If you ever choose to do so for any of the other episodes you mentioned— I know you already have somewhat in other fics— count me in as an eager reader.
Ede chapter 3 . 5/7/2018
I absolutely loved this piece! However, just a small thing... it’s not bacterial, it’s actually viral :) The vaccination was first done using cowpox (vaccinia, I believe), a virus related to variola, which is the causative agent of smallpox. I see you got the cowpox bit right :) Anyway, these are just ramblings from a microbiology student who absolutely loved this piece of work because it truly showed McCoy’s determination and the friendship ties between the three. More please! :D
Kimberleah chapter 1 . 3/12/2018
Had some time so went back and reread this. It is just as good as the first or second time or the third. You are an amazing writer. All I can say is thank you!
Eddaic chapter 3 . 9/10/2017
Oh, this is so good. Thank you for writing it.
bee.zippy chapter 3 . 6/24/2017
You capture all three of these characters very well in your writing. Thank you for a wonderful story!
Villyviking chapter 3 . 4/1/2017
Beautifully written story. You were just perfect, getting all 3 of them right.
SouthernCrossNorthStar chapter 3 . 3/7/2017
You are freaking amazing. This story is freaking amazing. You got their voices perfect, even Spock's manner of speaking. You got their humor, Kirk's temper, EVERYTHING. You are officially my favorite Star Trek author on here.
DancingInTheDark85 chapter 3 . 2/20/2017
This story is perfect, I'll admit to not having seen the episode it follows but it doesn't matter because you have created a brilliant story full of emotion. I especially like the conflict between Kirk and Bones as I love the way Spock stands by Bones and is so protective of him. I love stories where Bones gets to be the hero and there's nothing quite so satisfying as seeing your favourite character pushed to their limits so you can watch them overcome. Thank you
mtcbones chapter 2 . 1/29/2017
this is one of a very small number of fics that i read over and over
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 3 . 9/28/2016
Wonderful, wonderful. Beautifully written; a testimony to the strong bond of friendship which those three possess. A relationship that stretches beyond personal grief. And I love me some well-written Bones-centric angst. Your writing style is loverly, and you managed to incorporate pain and disease without making the characters OOC. And I have to agree with you about the whole "lack of aftermath" thing. You've managed to illustrate a rather beautiful, hurt/comfort-centered aftermath that ties up "The City on the Edge of Forever" quite well.
Heather Snow chapter 3 . 9/22/2016
I recognized this story very early into it, but I was happy to read it again. Apparently, I forgot to review last time. This was a very good story. I love stories where McCoy gets to be the hero. I agree with you so much about the lack of aftermath in TOS being rather annoying, and I greatly enjoy reading stories that show us what happened after the cameras stopped.
Imagineri chapter 3 . 9/16/2016
This is so well-written and thoroughly researched. Your characters are extremely well-developed, the disease follows a natural progression, AND you have endnotes. Color me impressed!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »