Reviews for Vitam Paramus
sc.marlow chapter 24 . 11/21
You really have a gift for humanising this abstract world and the characters that inhabit it. Your depiction of Harry in particular is one of the best characters I've read in the broader HP fanverse. He is strong with an underlying vulnerability, noble without being weak, and empathetic without being overly emotional or self-pitying.

This is a fascinating story that moves well beyond the linear, and increasingly tired, structures of traditional HP fics; In doing so you've given us something both successful and unique. Cheers
OrionRejects chapter 24 . 11/19
That was great. One of the best things I've read. 10/10! Now I just need a sequel. :D
diffident-serpiente chapter 24 . 11/7
Please don't end it there!
harryislife chapter 24 . 11/1
Really good, I hope there is a sequel!
thepkrmgc chapter 7 . 10/31
its interesting to see gabby's pov on things...
thepkrmgc chapter 6 . 10/30
hopefully harry will be able to catch a break at work, lord knows he has enough stuff to deal with outside of it
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 10/30
harry's certainly got a lot more self confidence then cannon, i suppose being a professional at the top of your game will do that
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 10/30
you can tell when harrys wearing the celebrity mask, i wonder when he will take some time for himself?
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 10/30
google translate says the latin means " we are preparing for life" its certainly an odd thing to say during a eulogy...
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 10/30
dang, you really killed off everyone didnt you? ive seen tradgedy fics and time travel ones where the hero breaks down and tries to undo everything with half the trauma youve dumped on harry...
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 10/30
dang, harry's certainly going to have a bit of survivor guilt to deal with...
Maiku07 chapter 24 . 10/9
Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I can't tell you how much I loved this. It was so much fun to read and I loved how clever the dialog was.

It wasn't perfect though. Some of the scenes dragged on a little too long and it seemed like the only form of entertainment the characters enjoyed was going out to eat or a bar. Having them do a few other activities would have helped the world feel bigger and more alive.

But even with that, I loved this story so much. You really fleshed out all the main characters and never lost sight of where you wanted to story to go. The relationship between Harry and Gabrielle evolved very naturally and always seemed appropriate. I love how you ended it; with closure and a completion of all the major story threads, but with plenty of room for the story to continue and for readers to imagine their favorite outcome.

I would love to see a sequel, but I understand that this was probably a complete story and you have no intentions of continuing it.

All in all, great story, great characters, great development. Just amazing.

Great work!
Dcreature chapter 24 . 10/9
Wow, this was a really beautiful story. And it developed thankfully in an (for me) unexpected direction. I expected a little more cheesy romance like how other stories like this go, but you surprised me in a good way and I liked it all the more for it.

The beginning of the first chapter about how Harry ended up with his new team was rather confusing, it only cleared up near the end of that passage. That was due to your fluent transitions between present and flashbacks.

At first I thought the portkey accident rather random, but upon further reflection it was just a plane crash in the magical world because of human failure. Good idea!

What irked me at times was your use of 'either' instead of 'neither', which would have suited the meaning better (because of its negative tenor). But I'm not certain about this either way.

The plot regarding the potion and Madam Fay was especially interesting. In that you made her a good person who wanted only the best for Gabrielle and was even extremly worried about the potion (ab)use she let get out of control. I expected her to be 'evil', but that can be attributed to all the at times stupid evil Dumbles/Weasly stories I read. Your story was very refreshing and closer to reality in that regard. It was thrilling to follow that subplot and I liked its conclusion very much.

The characters were all pretty likeable, except maybe Mathieu.

Even though Harry's response to the loss of many of his friends was rather blasé.

In the end you got me really excited for things to come (Harry's WolrdCup adventures) but you found a good time to conclude the story.

So thank you for this lovely tale!
Antor2001 chapter 24 . 10/5
I loved this story in many ways, it managed to be bittersweet all the way through and leave you with just enough not to have a bad aftertaste even though I would definitely like to know where life will bring them from here on out.
The story plays a little like Lolita with the great difference of having a decent bloke as the protagonist, I know the book is kind of controversial but I liked it and your story is in some way better by comparison.
The way he starts caring for her more and more without even being conscious about it is also interesting, there are no big love declaration, just two people growing closer in a difficult time of their life and the story it's much more real for it.
Thanks for sharing this amazing story and please do write more, I'm looking forward reading your next work!
PhoenixAnkaa chapter 24 . 10/1
I have to say I stumbled across this fix all by accident but a very happy I did. Thank you for a most enjoyable read. Your character development is quite good and by the end I had a cast of familiar characters, and some unfamiliar, with new and unique personalities than the average fic. It was a pleasant surprise and one I can see myself revisiting again in the future.