Reviews for Vitam Paramus
Cha0ticM3ss chapter 25 . 4/27
Still my favorite after war Harry Potter fanfiction ever.
jc chapter 25 . 4/25
great fic, not much magic but all the same great work
Demon Lord Cashmere Snow chapter 25 . 4/5
I liked your story, really I did, but the epilogue felt out of place, like it was meant to be in a different story altogether. Compared to the story itself, the epilogue fell flat; it was abrupt, awkward and insipid. I liked the story a good deal, but the epilogue was a deal breaker.
Having read this story years ago, when you had ended it with Gabrielle leaving for school, I felt the story was left sort of incomplete. And I decided to reread it this week, and to my surprise, an epilogue! I like that you actually filled in what happened. I liked the development between Gabrielle and Harry, and it felt natural, but it didn't feel cemented, like it could have ended with them together or they might have moved on. But regardless of what happened in the epilogue it gave it the end it needed.
loveispower chapter 25 . 3/29
This was a truly beautiful story. The progression of the two finding who they were both separately after such a huge loss and eventually deciding to learn what they could be together. Thank you for a great example of a rare pair.
NouvelleVoix chapter 25 . 3/26
This was an absolutely gorgeous story. There were a number of grammatical issues (mostly punctuation errors like periods where there should have been apostrophes), but the plot was sweet without being too sappy and the characters felt very three-dimensional. Anyway, it was a wonderful read, and I'm actually sad that I've finished it! Thank you for a lovely read.
Bolondka chapter 25 . 3/23
Oh my oh my... It was beautiful. I felt like I wanted to smack you a few times though...

I loved it.
TheForgottenSpartan chapter 25 . 3/16
This is so fucking cute and adorable. Going on my recommended list for people getting into fanfiction.
Alexander Cronin chapter 25 . 3/6
Oh my God! I almost never review just because I'm always in a hurry to get to the next story, but I had to here. I was rereading the story for the second or third time, not realizing that you had done an epilogue until I reached the end of the 24th chapter. This epilogue pulls together the story wonderfully in a way that stays true to all of the characters, it was full of charm and passionate emotion, and most of all it concludes an amazing story in a way that goes far beyond anything I could have imagined. I mean, I thought Elle would get together with Harry somewhere down the line and that both would experience success in their fields, but this epilogue realizes that in way that my dim imagination never could have. I just have to say thank you for the story itself, the quality of writing, and especially this fantastic epilogue. Vitam Paramus has to be one of my favorite fanfictions ever.
PiotrMc chapter 25 . 3/1
I always like your stories but I always end up wanting more lol
Hey, nice story.

There's a sentence in this chapter where it just cuts out halfway and it seems to be missing stuff.

"But he wasn't going to broach that subject.

"I see," he said. He could sense that she *and here it cuts out*"
joshuafaramir chapter 25 . 2/12
It was... ok. A lot of the things you wrote really took out the suspension of disbelief and the immersion. It was quite jarring and vexing to read wizards and witches act like muggles. They have nothing in common culturally and in mindset.

Magic is so saturated in their lifestyle that to write about them is to reimagine how they live, how they act normally, what they watch (seriously, muggle performances? They have their own stuff!). I felt you were just plain lazy about having to incorporate all these things and just decided to use what's easy instead of creating your own ideas, culture and lore.

That's what made Harry Potter unique because of the complete and total separation of muggle history and wizard history and you've just gone and taken it all out.

I'd rate this fic higher but for reasons stated above, it will remain a decent time waster. 2.5/5

P.S.
You're doing it with your other fic as well. The one with the gender bent Voldy.
nysilvy chapter 1 . 2/6
I'm not the biggest sports fan, so I don't much care for the Quidditch league filler. But even so, you have the best Quidditch scenes and writing that I'd point to.

Romance is pretty generic between Harry and Gabrielle though I liked it overall. I think the way the premise ties into the rest of the story was quite tenuous since they spend minimal time recovering from their tragic losses. Didn't like Elle being the needy one with all the problems while Harry Potter swoops in to save the day, though the execution was really good. And the ending was a bit abrupt starting at the point where Elle jumps Harry.

Thanks for writing!
Wonderful story. Well written. Thank you so much.
Well written. Thank you for this wonderful story.