Reviews for Harry Potter and the Unexpected Power
GodOfDonuts chapter 6 . 9/10
This was a great story and i really like the premise of a sentient Hogwarts. I have been trying to find some more similar stories although having a physical body is less important but there seems to be a lack of them and with the number of other stories using overused plots i would have thought more people would write stories like this. Anyway thanks for the great read, i have enjoyed every story you've written and if you ever had the muse to write another story with a sentient Hogwarts i would be most pleased.
icecold1039 chapter 6 . 7/7
Screw you. Just kidding, but now you nade me want to read another Harry x Hogwarts story that I am not sure exists.
Mr. Skellington chapter 6 . 6/1
Heidi/Hogwarts reminds me of EDI/Normandy from Mass Effect. I enjoyed reading this.
Shadowdog11 chapter 3 . 5/16
Christ almighty I never thought about that before. I've thought about it in terms of other encounters in various fics written where "saying the shortest spell is best" but now you've taken another big chunk out of canon.
Shadowdog11 chapter 1 . 5/16
Snagged me. Again.
CoolFanfictionLover chapter 6 . 5/9
great story thoroughly enjoyed it
please do continue
bye ssumi
phoenixgirl26 chapter 6 . 4/5
this was a wonderful story to read, I thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you for sharing
bluekitnaru chapter 1 . 3/10
ok like it so far but i have to say wingardium means as light as a feather not feather xD
Elton chapter 6 . 3/3
Excellent Story.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 3/4
What a fun story! I think I liked your battle scenes better than most I've read. It would have been fun, though, to read about what Flitwick did that was so amusing. He rarely gets enough play in most stories, IMHO, and I really love those that feature him in prominent roles. I especially like stories that feature him as Harry's magical guardian and/or liaison in the stories that have the Goblins helping and training Harry.

I loved the idea of the sentient castle falling in love with Harry ... and vice versa. Heidi made a nice change of female friend from the bossy, preachy, rather ill-tempered canon Hermione of sixth year. Actually, she made his entire sixth year much more pleasant than canon. It was a much more fun read, too. Thanks for sharing.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 3/4
I've never seen Underworld, but as one who grew up in the 60s, I'm reminded of my strong female role model, Emma Peel (Diana Rigg), when I think of the leather outfit. Julie Newmar's Catwoman also comes to mind. I wouldn't mind seeing either of them, or even Kate Beckinsale, give Snape a run for his money. I think Heidi deserves the opportunity to kick his arse, however. I hope she gets it. **evil giggle**

I'm sorry, but Molly is a colossal pain. Bill should have given her an ultimatum: "I'd love for you to be a part of my wedding, but I will be joining my bride in France, and I hope the rest of my family and friends will join me there. This is my day and my wife's, not yours. Get over yourself. You can plan Ginny's wedding and hold it wherever you like. Deal with it."

Molly is a domineering bad sport who totally rode roughshod over what must have been Fleur's wedding dreams. I wish Fleur's mom had thrown a few fireballs at her! Sorry, but I think this is almost as bad as the way she walked all over Sirius in his own home.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 3/4
I'm surprised Heidi said nothing to Harry about HIS dark spell, even though he didn't complete it. Sectumsempra is a horrible spell. (Is it the one Harry sees Snape throw at James, that cuts his cheek, in the scene from Snape's Pensieve?)

Dumbledore's penchant for circumventing the law is troubling for a lot of reasons. I think it renders him unfit for the offices he holds. It's a bad example for the students under his jurisdiction, and it is downright scary to see the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot disregard the law so casually. The DMLE should take him in for questioning.

It will be interesting to see how Snape's oaths respond to what has happened to both Dumbledore and Draco.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 3/4
I was right!

I love how Hogwarts put Dumbles in his place. She really has his number and understands how the years have mire or less led him to believe his own legend ... that he is more or less infallible. Of course, he is not, but he has difficulty admitting that he makes errors.

I love it! Snape is gonged! I hope it happens again. I wonder ... Can/Will Heidi protect Harry from Malfoy? Can she prevent him from repairing and using the cabinet to allow DEs into the castle? Since this happens when Harry is away from the castle, in canon, can Heidi prevent it herself? I hope so.

I'm glad she told Harry about his Mom. He has deserved to know about her, and it is unfair that information has been withheld from him, IMHO.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 3/3
All of the comments about the wards ... Is she like an embodiment of the castle? I've read stories that have Hogwarts taking the physical form of a beautiful young woman. Is that what (or who) she is?
Grovtech chapter 6 . 3/3
This tale is one I would call fun. It certainty lives up to the unofficial Potter family motto, 'We don't do normal.'

Your observations about Dumbles were interesting and are valid explanations.

Good Stuff!