Reviews for Lineage X
MuggleCreator chapter 23 . 6/10
FINALLY!
Gosh that was a tough one.
But oh, Qui... (hugs). You stupid barve.
And Obi's pilgrimage also bearing fulfilment. :)
A rude awakening and a better focus are to follow.
Compassion over purpose, always. For it *is* the purpose.
MurtaghSarlaac chapter 23 . 5/15/2014
Dooku just called him Qui-Gon, didn't he...that can't possibly have helped his case XD
Keep writing! :)
-Sarlaac
Padawan Aneiki R'hyvar chapter 23 . 2/20/2014
Ooh MAN...again, you slay me...I love how you have taken all the familiar storylines and made them so much better! And you fill in blanks normally left to the imagination...FANTASTIC.
lizzpercush chapter 23 . 2/12/2014
This ending hurts even worse then the last two!
Guest chapter 23 . 2/2/2014
Breathtaking!
Guest chapter 23 . 8/3/2013
Another great installment! I can't wait to see what happens next, although I really hope that you let Obi-Wan have and keep a loving romantic relationship. I believe if any Jedi could handle a romantic attachment it would be Obi-Wan, and considering what he's gone through and what he'll face in the future I think the force should grant him that bit of happiness.
Theta23 chapter 23 . 7/30/2013
A completed instalment, what a nice thing to come home from a holiday to!
Crazy chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Exellent job! I still think that Dooku was dancing far too close to the Dark Side, but I have a little more compassion for him now.
Is Qui-Gon going to go to Melinda-Daan in the next book?
Emperor Andross chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Oh dear, oh dear...
ghostcrab311 chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
wow. that was a heck of an ending! obiwan, dooku, quigon - that is quite the family there. i really, really want dooku not to follow palpatine, now. never thought i would say that. i loved how you captured that final interaction there, unbinding the padawans braid, leaving him the sabers, and all. its an uncharacteristic display of, well, almost-compassion? as close as dooku is able to get, anyway, with his training as a shadow and all.

anticipating book xi! :D :D :D
Queen morgan la fay chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Well, it was nice to see some real evidence that Dooku has a heart. He does seem to be an example of good intentions gone badly wrong. It's tragic that he spent the last years of his life as somebody's pawn, on the wrong path. It's such a waste. And I realize now that he really must have felt much regret that his and Qui-Gon's paths diverged. And this was definitely a confirmation of who Obi-Wan's true master is.
I hope Qui-Gon' will be proud of him for staying back, against better judgement. I mean, what Dooku's doing is likely the most sensible choice, but there is something to staying behind and helping as many people as possible until there is absolutely nothing more you can do.
This chapter was really beautiful and powerful. I can't wait for your next book.
time2read chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Interesting Chapter! Was hoping dooku and obi wan would bond guess not. Love how obi wan grew from a dependent kid to a witty independent brat hehe. I think his split personality is long over due must be hard to be obedient all the time eventually the barrier will break and as you grow you realize you are old enough to have your own free will and opinions so I doubt obi wan will just blindly follow qui gon or anyone anymore syfo dias not knowingly and ironically promoted obi wan from padawan to Jedi knight hehe
sterling5842 chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Ah, Master Dooku, I don't mean to interrupt, but your vulnerabilities are showing. First he gives a real smile. Then he really reveals himself when he mistakenly calls out Qui-Gon's name. That was a brilliant stroke. And the stiff upper lip trying not to betray his hurt...but was this more regret that his plans have failed and that he feels betrayed marked by failure...again...than sorrow for Obi-Wan's fate?

There is a difference between being used by the supposedly infallible Force and used by its fallible servants. Also, it may be arrogance to "play universal savior," but surely there is also the danger of arrogance in thinking one should hold exclusive right to decide what and whom to sacrifice, I don't dislike Dooku necessarily. Indeed, I quite sympathize with him-he's trying with all he has and all he can muster to defeat an awful fate. But he has his gaping blind spots and it's tearing him and his associates apart. I'm actually worried about him without Obi-Wan's influence.
***
Well, that neatly solves the problem of "but a master you already have, padawan" when all return to the Jedi Order. I doubt Dooku would take Obi-Wan back after this, so it's a good thing Qui-Gon is making his way back to the Jedi to practice his groveling skills.
***
"rending obedience from submission, purpose from compassion, service from devotion."

Very interesting demarcation. Is Dooku supposed to embody the first set of commitments, while for now Obi-Wan is adopting the second set? Qui-Gon seems to be trying to wed the two. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan right now remind me of the O. Henry story where each character gives up a most prized possession for the other's sake only to find out he can no longer use the gift because of each character's own sacrifice. A case of tragic timing. Each of them declared he was making his choice partly out of memory of or consideration of the other.

It will be interesting to see Qui-Gon trying to convince Obi-Wan of the need for obedience and the structure of the Order. Unless of course you decide to pair them up outside the Order's structure since that's where they both find themselves.
***
Oh, and thank you for Dooku threatening to physically haul Obi-Wan back to Coruscant. I always wondered why Qui-Gon didn't consider that when Obi-Wan *was* a child. Of course now it seems Dooku's not really so sure he could overpower Obi-Wan. Or maybe he just doesn't want the undignified scene it would cause.
***
Again, there was so much beautiful language in this chapter. I just want to savor and pet those lines. I love that and all of the themes coming to a temporary closure. I'm in a rush to go to work so I'll stop rambling for now. Just be assured I'm excited for the next book!
Daughter of the North chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Oh. My. GOONNESS!

Dooku...Obi-Wan...Qui-Gon...it's been so long, and those last chapters were a doozy. Glad I'm back:)
pronker chapter 23 . 7/28/2013
Dooku's slip of the tongue, ahhhh! Perfectly in tune with his upset of the hopes for his Padawan from mere moments before. Well done.

/His apprentice blinked, this glimpse into Dooku's inner turmoil as unsettling as the despair of the Young. He saw for a moment the Republic in senile corruption, the Jedi Order reduced to impotent servants of a failing state, a great shadow winging its/ Chilling - foresight is something to be feared mightily.

And we see Qui-Gon, thinking at last that he /deserves/ chastisement, though he would do the same thing over again, most likely. I'm looking forward to any more of Lineage that is simmering on the back of the stove, r.b., and congratulations on completing another fascinating book. I'm going to ask flagficDOTcom if their handy little Kindle upload feature extends to entire oovers of one author rather than one story at a time, guess which author I'm referring to?