Reviews for Lineage X
ozzy22 chapter 1 . 1/17
I just bulldozed my way through lineage in a span of a few days, and wow...
I have a soft spot for the whole Master-Apprentice Chain of Yoda-Dooku-QuiGon-ObiWan-Anakin-Ahsoka-Luke like you have no idea, and I'm always kinda sad that it didn't get explored that much in canon, but boy do you deliver! and you've made the relationships even more fascinating,

that moment when Dooku calls Obi-Wan Qui-Gon - my heart broke from the sadness and brilliance of it all, and I love that Dooku is a bit of an ass even as a Jedi, but at the same time I can feel the whole 'discipline for your own good' and over-correcting with obi wan where he thinks he failed with qui gon, but obi wan turning out the same way regardless lol, makes all those bits where he's actually showing that he cares all the more precious

I love that Dooku and Obi Wan have similar personalities (when compared to maverick Qui Gon anyway), but they take it in different directions
gaaaah there's so much that I love but I can't type fast enough, so I'm just gonna leave this here and gor devour the rest of your amazing writing
alive by grace chapter 23 . 12/7/2015
Wow, I'm so glad that ended okay. Well, I mean, Obi-Wan's in a tight spot, but he's OBI-WAN again, you know what I mean? I admit that I skipped large parts of this story. Angst isn't my cup of tea, and apparently a character slowly losing his morals is even more agonizing for me to read than a character dying. I really, really want to see where this series will go, but seeing Obi-Wan, who was previously so Light, become grayer and grayer was something I couldn't handle. But things are looking up, now, so I'm happily moving on to the next book.
MuggleCreator chapter 23 . 6/10/2015
FINALLY!
Gosh that was a tough one.
But oh, Qui... (hugs). You stupid barve.
And Obi's pilgrimage also bearing fulfilment. :)
A rude awakening and a better focus are to follow.
Compassion over purpose, always. For it *is* the purpose.
MurtaghSarlaac chapter 23 . 5/15/2014
Dooku just called him Qui-Gon, didn't he...that can't possibly have helped his case XD
Keep writing! :)
-Sarlaac
Padawan Aneiki R'hyvar chapter 23 . 2/20/2014
Ooh MAN...again, you slay me...I love how you have taken all the familiar storylines and made them so much better! And you fill in blanks normally left to the imagination...FANTASTIC.
lizzpercush chapter 23 . 2/12/2014
This ending hurts even worse then the last two!
Guest chapter 23 . 2/2/2014
Breathtaking!
Guest chapter 23 . 8/3/2013
Another great installment! I can't wait to see what happens next, although I really hope that you let Obi-Wan have and keep a loving romantic relationship. I believe if any Jedi could handle a romantic attachment it would be Obi-Wan, and considering what he's gone through and what he'll face in the future I think the force should grant him that bit of happiness.
Theta23 chapter 23 . 7/30/2013
A completed instalment, what a nice thing to come home from a holiday to!
Crazy chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Exellent job! I still think that Dooku was dancing far too close to the Dark Side, but I have a little more compassion for him now.
Is Qui-Gon going to go to Melinda-Daan in the next book?
Emperor Andross chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Oh dear, oh dear...
ghostcrab311 chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
wow. that was a heck of an ending! obiwan, dooku, quigon - that is quite the family there. i really, really want dooku not to follow palpatine, now. never thought i would say that. i loved how you captured that final interaction there, unbinding the padawans braid, leaving him the sabers, and all. its an uncharacteristic display of, well, almost-compassion? as close as dooku is able to get, anyway, with his training as a shadow and all.

anticipating book xi! :D :D :D
Queen morgan la fay chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Well, it was nice to see some real evidence that Dooku has a heart. He does seem to be an example of good intentions gone badly wrong. It's tragic that he spent the last years of his life as somebody's pawn, on the wrong path. It's such a waste. And I realize now that he really must have felt much regret that his and Qui-Gon's paths diverged. And this was definitely a confirmation of who Obi-Wan's true master is.
I hope Qui-Gon' will be proud of him for staying back, against better judgement. I mean, what Dooku's doing is likely the most sensible choice, but there is something to staying behind and helping as many people as possible until there is absolutely nothing more you can do.
This chapter was really beautiful and powerful. I can't wait for your next book.
time2read chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Interesting Chapter! Was hoping dooku and obi wan would bond guess not. Love how obi wan grew from a dependent kid to a witty independent brat hehe. I think his split personality is long over due must be hard to be obedient all the time eventually the barrier will break and as you grow you realize you are old enough to have your own free will and opinions so I doubt obi wan will just blindly follow qui gon or anyone anymore syfo dias not knowingly and ironically promoted obi wan from padawan to Jedi knight hehe
sterling5842 chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
Ah, Master Dooku, I don't mean to interrupt, but your vulnerabilities are showing. First he gives a real smile. Then he really reveals himself when he mistakenly calls out Qui-Gon's name. That was a brilliant stroke. And the stiff upper lip trying not to betray his hurt...but was this more regret that his plans have failed and that he feels betrayed marked by failure...again...than sorrow for Obi-Wan's fate?

There is a difference between being used by the supposedly infallible Force and used by its fallible servants. Also, it may be arrogance to "play universal savior," but surely there is also the danger of arrogance in thinking one should hold exclusive right to decide what and whom to sacrifice, I don't dislike Dooku necessarily. Indeed, I quite sympathize with him-he's trying with all he has and all he can muster to defeat an awful fate. But he has his gaping blind spots and it's tearing him and his associates apart. I'm actually worried about him without Obi-Wan's influence.
***
Well, that neatly solves the problem of "but a master you already have, padawan" when all return to the Jedi Order. I doubt Dooku would take Obi-Wan back after this, so it's a good thing Qui-Gon is making his way back to the Jedi to practice his groveling skills.
***
"rending obedience from submission, purpose from compassion, service from devotion."

Very interesting demarcation. Is Dooku supposed to embody the first set of commitments, while for now Obi-Wan is adopting the second set? Qui-Gon seems to be trying to wed the two. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan right now remind me of the O. Henry story where each character gives up a most prized possession for the other's sake only to find out he can no longer use the gift because of each character's own sacrifice. A case of tragic timing. Each of them declared he was making his choice partly out of memory of or consideration of the other.

It will be interesting to see Qui-Gon trying to convince Obi-Wan of the need for obedience and the structure of the Order. Unless of course you decide to pair them up outside the Order's structure since that's where they both find themselves.
***
Oh, and thank you for Dooku threatening to physically haul Obi-Wan back to Coruscant. I always wondered why Qui-Gon didn't consider that when Obi-Wan *was* a child. Of course now it seems Dooku's not really so sure he could overpower Obi-Wan. Or maybe he just doesn't want the undignified scene it would cause.
***
Again, there was so much beautiful language in this chapter. I just want to savor and pet those lines. I love that and all of the themes coming to a temporary closure. I'm in a rush to go to work so I'll stop rambling for now. Just be assured I'm excited for the next book!