Reviews for Of Cake And Coffee
Cobalt blue Amoeba chapter 3 . 2/15/2019
Sam's life would be so much easier if he would just go out with dumb women, but I don't think Sam wants "easy". Not anymore. He wants the challenge of pursuing a woman who might be just beyond his grasp.
Cobalt blue Amoeba chapter 2 . 2/15/2019
I think Diane likes Sam just the way he is. She likes feeling superior to him. If Sam became educated, Diane would feel threatened by him.
Cobalt blue Amoeba chapter 1 . 2/14/2019
This is so like Sam: Trying to broaden his horizons in order to impress Diane.
Elizabeth Austin chapter 3 . 8/23/2016
These 3 chapters were amazing, Mr. Rush Limborg! I feel like you know these characters better than the creators of the series did. How absolutely wonderful this is! I hope the reason you haven't written any Sam And Diane stories recently is because your writing career is flourishing and you are being rewarded for your work both financially and with awards.
Your analysis of these characters through their conversation and thoughts was breath-taking. I wouldn't have thought it was possible to find 3 chapters of one conversation so riveting-not since My Dinner With Andre." Thank you for this wonderful, at times heart-wrenching, but beautiful work!
Elizabeth Austin chapter 3 . 3/12/2016
That was fascinating, and so beautifully written. I was completely enthralled with their conversation from beginning to end. You made me weep. I notice that this was written in 2013, so I don't know if you ever even check back to see reviews, but I had to tell you anyway. I just discovered fan fiction less than a week ago, but I have been a fan of CHEERS (specifically the Sam and Diane relationship) since it first aired in the 1980s. I have read 8 different CHEERS fan fiction authors, most of them only once, but I loved this and will seek out more of your work. You totally captured the characters so it seems real to me. I also like Jessica Simpson-Bourget and Kensi Blonde.
If you don't do this kind of work anymore, I hope it is because you are too successful to have time.
samanddianefan10 chapter 3 . 7/9/2013
Brilliant just brilliant. You should be so proud
samanddianefan10 chapter 2 . 7/9/2013
I love the give and take here. You capture this dynamic very well.
samanddianefan10 chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Wow so intriguing! I must confess to being a little envious of your ability to write Diane so well. Off to read more!
audries chapter 3 . 7/4/2013
Whoops I forgot to mention that I adore the use of "She's Always A Woman" (perfect for them). I'm a super big fan of using song lyrics/music when writing, so bravo on that!
audries chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Lovely. I've said it before, but it warrants saying again, you really do write their repertoire so well. It most definitely could be a missing scene from this episode. On that note, thank you for writing this because for a while there it looked like I was going to have to and as badly as I wanted to see the moment written out...I had no clue how to do it! God, I'm beginning to sound like Diane with all this rambling, huh? In short, this was fantastic!
Chelsea Oz chapter 3 . 7/2/2013
I love that you found that song! I'm a Billy Joel fan and whenever I hear that song, I think of Diane, that's funny. This was a pretty great story.
JulietxJames chapter 3 . 7/2/2013
OMG! You are my hero! I've been waiting for someone to write this moment in what seems like an eternity!
And you did it...PERFECTLY! I'm so thrilled right now. This was truly a amazing experience! You are an amazing writer for Sam and Diane. Sure hope you'll continue writing for them. I'll probably read this fic like a thousand times more!
So beautiful! Please keep writing! You are AWESOME!
Jessica Simpson-Bourget chapter 3 . 7/1/2013
Really thoughtful, lovely piece. I always wondered how their cheesecake date played out, and this was very nice indeed!