Reviews for Kaoru's Triumph
Kinsutenekochan chapter 1 . 4/6
Well done! Great job showing Karou's strength as well as Kenshins understanding of it. Keep it up and Thank you!
I love this fic! They should witness how strong kaoru was, i bet she would be stronger with a real sword though, anyway thanks to the intruder the two of them became more intimate
orchid14 chapter 1 . 2/16
Good read. I love Kaoru-chan more than anyone in RK, probably even more than I Kenshin.
Paper Roses 95 chapter 1 . 1/14
Aww... Kenshin so sweet.
I love that you wrote this in view of Kaoru's frustrations. I felt the same frustrations for Kaoru when I watched RK. Kaoru definitely deserves more credit and recognition and I'm glad that Kenshin and Sano got to see her defeat that guy and not just the aftermath. I always wondered what it would have been like if Kenshin and Sano got to see her fight Kamatari in the Kyoto arc.
Hope to read more of your works soon.
Rainbowed-Sunned-Spirit chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
Aww, I loved this! I always hated that they made Kaoru too much of a damsel and felt her character didn't get as much focus as it should have since she is the female lead. Great job :)
sirensbane chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
I liked this. I thought Kenshin & Kaoru were in character, and I thoroughly understand Kaoru's frustration. Kenshin sometimes treats her like a doll (don't get me wrong; Kenshin might be my favorite character of all time, but he IS human). And they kissed!

A line I particularly liked: "I don't understand what villains have against gates and doors. Why walls?" Kenshin's response.

If I had one comment, it was that I thought Yahiko was a little too mature when he was explaining Kenshin's feelings to Kaoru. The way he expressed himself, the things he saw, it just didn't feel right to me. It was a little thing, but it did briefly push me out of the story. Maybe if he called her ugly a few times and admitted that she "wasn't too bad…for a girl." Or was more awkward about it.

Anyway, thanks for reviewing my story earlier. God Bless!

-sirensbane
Getsunohimesama chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
That was really good, I truly enjoyed it. I laughed hard on Kaoru's comment about villains and doors and I have to admit that it is true. It's like there is a rule that says that no villain that respects himself/herself should use doors. Makes me wonder how they enter their own lairs...

On a serious note, it was really well-written and I agree that Kaoru should get more action scenes. After all she stood up to one of Shishio's top-henchmen with a broken wooden sword and won. She also is the assistant master of Kamiya Kashin style and yet she is made out to be too weak and dependant for someone with her skill.

I loved the fluff in the end! I wish Kenshin and Kaoru had admitted their feelings earlier!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
That really hit the spot for me! The fight scene had just the right amount of description to balance the entire point! Your feelings on Kaoru match mine perfectly and I'm glad she got to show off in a way that completely made sense. Awesome!
kawaii sakura-chan chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
I love reading stories that portray Kaoru as strong and yours is no exception. It is a bit disappointing in the anime that Kaoru wasn't highlighted more in fights but then again, it is about Kenshin. Love how you placed just the right amount of fluff. Good job! :)
chadtayor020 chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Amazing.
Elision Felicity chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
This was simply gorgeous. Excellent play of words, and the story line was awesome too. I love seeing Kaoru kick some butt. I really don't like the typical damsel in distress, and enjoy seeing the damsel having some spirit. Great job!
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
even though he doesn't like that she had to fight, the alternative (going willingly with the guy and getting raped) was far worse. hopefully he really realized that.

great first fic!

WELCOME TO FFN AND WELCOME TO THE RUROUNI KENSHIN FANDOM! \o/ hope to see more stories from you \o/

delighted,
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
ټ
crazi4muzik chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
such a great little story, GO KAORU!
Celeste Belle chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Awesome story!
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Awww! So well written! Really enjoyed this wonderful, short action/romance/hurt/comfort, etc. The amount of growth you packed into this was impressive. Koaru, no less than Yahiko, wants to be taken seriously. She was the rose, an amazing swordswoman who ran her family dojo and was doing well on her own, until the Himura brothers started to dismantle her sword school's reputation and then her life was thrown again by letting Kenshin come live with her. It's good to see a story where she kicks butt _and_ stands up for herself... and gets the guy, too! Her character also has to grow as she comes to understand how Kenshin worries and why. Then, with her acceptance of it, she can be her strong self alongside him. A definite favorite.