Reviews for The Wasteland
UntiedHeartbeat chapter 1 . 3/20
Oh my gosh, this is so sad. D: I like the way you write too, by the way.
kyamei chapter 33 . 7/16/2014
Oh my God. I wonder now, after having spent most of the hours of the night reading your story and therefore waking up incredibly late for work, what was the point of having a second season at all? This is a second season all on its own? Seriously this story brought me all the satisfaction the series brought me in a much smaller timeframe. Not to demerit the series, the second season was awesome, but if I had read your story first, I might've been just a touch disappointed that they didn't follow some of the lines you've followed. I thought I was reading the books all over again. I couldn't believe this was fan fiction. It was bar none the most amazing story I've read on this webpage. The writing was great, the characterisation was spot on, I loved the little thoughts wrapped in parenthesis, I loved Dr. Lampman, honestly, I cannot say enough good things about it. I loved it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and now I'm more anxious than ever for a third season. Congratulations, and thank you so very much.
Guest chapter 33 . 5/29/2014
Thank you so much for this.

To be honest, I kind of wish that this was how season 2 went because there isn't a lot I wouldn't give to see this filmed. Like that Will and Hannibal conversation I mean wow.

Thank you. Thank you for writing this so well. That's really all I can say.
cartoon-crazy987 chapter 33 . 3/19/2014
Amazing Story. I've been reading this the past few days. I looked forward to every new chapter after getting off work each day. Your writing is beautiful and you capture the atmosphere of the show perfectly!

I loved this! Thank you for writing it and finishing it and stuff! :)
WishfulWriting chapter 9 . 3/9/2014
So I'm just partially into this story, and had to stop to write a review to say how much I'm enjoying it. I just finished binge-watching season 1 and the first two episodes of season 2. I started the show last year but then waited for the full season to be available to watch. Now I'm obsessed, and I was excited to see what fanfiction was out there. So glad I found yours! This is really like reading an episode straight out of the writers of the show. You have the voices of the characters so perfectly. I'm excited for the upcoming meeting between Hannibal and Will. I love Will and you capture his mind so well in addition to his vulnerability and the way he interacts with people.
NewFan chapter 33 . 2/26/2014
This is fantastic! It was exactly like reading a book form of the series. Your writing is excellent! I think you could be a fiction writer professionally. I have never been this caught up in a fanfiction story before. I was so scared! Once again, I cannot emphasize enough how well this piece was done. I hope season 2 is as good as this story. I really appreciate your effort.
Alice Ariell chapter 33 . 2/23/2014
You have the imagination of a great writer, and also the respect of a true fan. Thank you for making this long hiatus a Fun, Thrilling Adventure for Fannibals everywhere!
Ola Alaa chapter 33 . 2/22/2014
I had an immense pleasure in reading this fic .. it was the only satisfactory long running fic during the he-ate-us .. it kept me off of the edge all this time! I salute you and I really appreciate you seeing it through till the end instead of leaving us hanging .. it was truely a pleasure!
The Cocky Undead chapter 33 . 2/21/2014
Hey! I thought you were done two chapters ago! This was a welcome surprise!
I was going to say that I just started Red Dragon and a lot of this ties right into it (like you mentioned in your parting notes). I think it's awesome that you tied the show and the book into your story!
Great, great work! Can't wait to see more from you! Take care.
spiffyperson chapter 33 . 2/21/2014
My god what a perfect conclusion. Thank you so much. This has been one of the best experiences I've ever had following a story. Such quality. You really have made the he-ate-us bearable for me.

The way you've adapted the novels is so genuine. Stewart was a taciturn charmer, and I'm so glad you've ended with Will and Lampman-that's as close to a happy ending for Will as we can get.

I look forward to reading more from you!
Vicky chapter 33 . 2/21/2014
thank YOU for a wonderful story!
draegon-fire chapter 33 . 2/20/2014
I really LOVED this fic! I'm so happy that Will was finally able to show Jack and Alana exactly what Hannibal is. I don't think Will could've done it without Dr. Lampman and Stewart. They were sort of like his shield and sword, respectively. Lampman protected Will when he needed it most, and Stewart fought for him. He didn't have that from anyone else. I always thought it poetic in a way that Hannibal is now in the same cell that Will occupied.
Kazu94 chapter 31 . 2/20/2014
God! This story is amazing :D :D I really hope that soon You will add another chapter
draegon-fire chapter 31 . 2/9/2014
OMG! That was so intense! I knew things were going to be coming to a head, but it went beyond what I expected.
geoavenger chapter 31 . 2/9/2014