Reviews for The Legend Of The Emerald Eyed Black Fawn
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Ocs are evil
OtherTales21 chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Wow! Excellent first chapter! It's not too long but sets up the characters and the story really well. Like Sirius, I was already in suspense to hear the lady talk about the legend. Sirius was very much in character and overall, this is is off to a strong start.
moonlight10060 chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Yeah I need some of those to chase some authors
old-crow chapter 7 . 9/19/2013
Hi,

With respect to writing, I've had the best success with this technique. I start with a plot idea. Then on a pad of paper, outline the major things that would happen in that sort of story. Next, I list the scenes that I'd use to tell that tale.

Once I had an outline that gave me an idea of where I had to go, I'd start writing. It didn't matter if I had an idea about something in chapter one or eleven, because I had my outline.

I've seen too many promising tales where the storyteller had a decent idea for a plotline, but didn't take the time to develop an outline. Instead, they started on page one of chapter one and plodded along until they got stuck. Usually the story ended up being abandoned.

Fishing for ideas from readers is never a good idea. You're telling your story. If we like it, we're just follow along for the ride.

In your case, based on what I've read so far, you've chosen to tell most of the story from a narrative perspective, following Sirius or Harry. Certainly in a tale like this, other people are involved. So far, you've gotten Dumbledore and McGonagall involved, and for some reason, Skeeter. You've also thrown in an OC or three that I hope you do something with later on.

Reading your Author Notes, you've stated that you don't intend to carry your story into the Hogwarts years. That said, have you decided on a satisfactory ending/resolution to your tale? Often that's the hardest part.

Finally, I've noticed that you have started on some sort of sequel. That said, given that the search parameters of this site are largely based on story length, perhaps it would have been better to use the same story, and simply mark it, part one, part two, etc. A longer story will invariably yield you more readers, more reviews, and the like.

All the best,

Old-Crow
Guest chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
I will look forward to the continue of this story !

The Crimson Mage.
GreyOwl chapter 2 . 9/15/2013
Anna reminds me of Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson series.
Nagilover4ever chapter 9 . 9/16/2013
Love it can't wait for sequel
LillyGirl310 chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
hey when will you be starting the new story?
Revelation Rebel chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
(pouts)
elijahlover chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
I love it write more soon xx
DaftDruid chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
dang! Oh well, following you now! please post (one day)!
DarkRavie chapter 8 . 9/9/2013
I like your story and look forward to reading what happens next.
HorsesRuby chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Oh I'm blaming you Georgia
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 8 . 8/23/2013
A really good and entertaining story