Reviews for In the Shadows of Battle City
SilencerKaren chapter 1 . 1/16
Beatiful! 7u7
Numinous-Alqua chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Loved it! Bakura is such a handsome and devious devil! I can't wait for more one-shots or a continuation of this.
BreakItDwn chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Dear Kami, I love you so much right now. I'm serious, I want to hug the ever loving crap out of you for writing this wonderful, wonderful, wonderful piece of work. It made my night!

Anywho, that said, I suppose I should give you an actual REVIEW instead of fangasaming all over my computer screen. Lol

Things I enjoyed:

M related scenes-The thing I enjoyed most about this little ficlet here would probably have to be the steamy scenes themselves. Besides the obvious, they were written really well and buffered perfectly with thought provoking statements as well as splendid pieces of imagery to wrap it all up. Generally, with a story containing lime related material, the majority of authors tend to focus more on the actions themselves than anything. Which is fine and all, but adding in thoughts besides 'OMFG He's kissin meh!' and similes such as 'like a fire blazing down below' really makes this piece stand out from the others.

Characterization-Though this would never happen in cannon, and if it did Anzu would probably kick Bakura in the balls before proceeding to beat the ever loving crap out of him, your characterization was extremely close to their originals. Bakura's actions didn't stretch past lust and Anzu's never strayed from simple hormonal reaction. It's refreshing to see something that doesn't twist the characters personalities by adding in hastily developed thought of love. A feeling which, more than likely, died inside Bakura a long time ago.

Writing-The writing was well done. It read smoothly and made for an interesting sit down. I was greeted with vivid imagery and a broad vocabulary, all utilized by an author who knew how to use them. There's not much to say on this as this fic was more of a fun, 'forget life for a bit and enjoy' type of story. But, all and all, it was definitely nice to read something that was well written for a change. (:

Things I had problems with/Thought you could improve on;

Pacing- The start of this was a tad fast, particularly in regards to Bakura's request. At first we get Anzu running through Battle city(which was done fine, by the way) and then-BAM! There's Bakura. It was a bit off-putting but overall, didn't take away anything from the story itself.

Anywho, thanks for the fantastic read! I can't wait to see some of your other works.

And, I have a request, could you perhaps write a Thornshipping fic? I've been obsessed with that couple lately... sadly though, I've already read through the majority of that pairing's archive. TT TT
SissyPerigrin chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
hmm...interesting. I'll read this later.