Reviews for love in paris
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
I love your characterization of Dominique here. She's so different from how I see her, but it's fun to read how other people portray minor characters. You've written Dominique and Oliver both brilliantly, giving them reasonable characterizations that fit with what little we know of them from canon. Strangely, I like that Pansy is Oliver's ex; I would have expected Katie or maybe Alicia, but using Pansy was a clever, original choice. There were some SPaG problems - several instances where you end dialogue with a comma instead of a period, for instance - but nothing too bad. I'm not totally sold on the hurricane destroying all transportation to England (especially with wizards being able to Apparate or use broomsticks), either, but overall this was a wonderful read. I like that you set it in Paris, as well; I think that added to the whole romantic feel. Lovely job!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Wow, I loved it!
sierendipity chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Well that was beautifully done. There are some typos - a couple of left out words and things like that, but nothing too distracting. I really enjoyed your characterization of Dominique and her youthfulness in contrast to Oliver's age. I loved that they boy play Quidditch and that's how they were brought together.
through tempests chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Aw, this was so good!

I really enjoyed how you took this pairing and while I think it could have been longer to explain a couple of things more, (such as going deeper into what happened in England or more descriptions during some of the dialogue) this was still very nice! I like that this was in the perspective of Oliver and not Dom, along with the conversation about Pansy.

This was well done! Keep writing!
FandaticForeverAndAlways chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Well, I wouldn't have guessed that you don't write much fluff, because this was actually good! I liked the way you wrote them together - Dominique leading and Oliver strangely smitten by her. :D Also, you used the prompts very well. I can totally see Dom/Oliver clicking despite their age difference. The writing was catchy, I did find a tiny spelling error though - She was 'your' knight in... - Overall, it was a good job! I definitely liked it. :)
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
What an interesting pairing! Cross-gen has been something that's interested me for a while now. I mean, it happens... it can happen.

I also really liked the fact you used two relatively minor characters. That just makes it even more enjoyable, and could-be-canon.

There was a romantic feel to it, which I'm sure you were aiming for, and in Paris... so sweet.

A few little typos, but over all, a great job. Well done.
hiddenhibernian chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
I’m not sure if this really was fluff – to me it’s more beautifully melancholic, which is much better

I really liked the little exchange about Pansy, and how you’re showing quite how young Dominique is compared to Oliver. It might have occurred to someone more jaded that the way Oliver speaks about Pansy now is how he’ll treat her in the future, but that’s clearly not where Dominique is at!

I especially enjoyed the little flashes into Oliver’s personality; what he looks out for in galleries, how he doesn’t really get the Eiffel tower, why he married Pansy – he comes across as an interesting man.

There were a few small spelling and grammar mistakes I noticed:
a vile woman – a instead of e
still struck there – stuck
old’s mouth – instead of old mouth's