Reviews for Run
Sadhaka chapter 46 . 7/17
I've read this a long time ago and I will be honest I hated it. Still do actually but I have wanted to write a review of it because I know how much feedback means to an author and I respect his author enough to give it straight but with an eye to helping them out.

1: As always the dialogue is fast, thoughtful and organic. You can feel the characters the author writes them well and the dialogue keeps you enthralled.

2: The flow is done well. You don't get bogged down with minor issues but you never feel that you missed something important.

3: Creative plot I thought overall this story was original and and interesting take on the overall theme of them getting together.

1: The author went into this with and agenda that's the worst thing about this story. You can see it in the plot and the dialogue they lose the characters when they have to force the situation into what they want it to be. That's just bad writing I respect the author but when you force your characters to do something that instead of letting them tell the story you it can still be a technically proficient story but loses the fun.

2: The time spent destroying the relationship was massive and heartbreaking. They were taken too far for them to get back together. I love reading because no matter the genre it is all the human condition that is what makes reading fun. But when the human condition gets warped into something that you no longer recognize then you have problems. Rogue destroys Logan in this story takes him down to his most basic parts and then leaves. Later we are supposed to like her because she suffered as well. That's a writing trick that never works betrayal is such a powerful thing that you can't always go back. No one cares of the betrayed is hurting they did the crime they should hurt so showing us that it affected her never made me like her again. I good piece of advice I use in my own writing is never take a character so far you can't get them back.

3: The story is very one way. Logan loves and supports Rogue for most of the story while when she needs him he's there but when he needs her she is not. Not only not there but willfully hurting him. I don't like that kind of one way love as it demeans the characters makes them one dimensional. I notice a lot of this genre is like that they will accept Rogue having another relationship even kids with other guys but castrate a Logan for doing the same. It's very strange.

4: Now why didn't it work for me when the got back together? Well we were supposed to forgive Rogue because you know she hurt too even if she had done the betraying. But I didn't buy that. She gave no good reasons for hurting him. She never made it up to him or showed she was sincere with either actions or words. It felt more like I'm sorry you need to forgive me or get out. After all she had done to hurt him that was not going to do it for me.

5: Sex does not a relationship make. When I read I want to see them there for each other not just screwing like bunnies. I would recommend more time spent on the fluff and less on the sex.

6: Manipulation. No one likes to be manipulated ever. You don't like it when your friends do it so why is it that so you have Logan shrug that off? Because you had to for the plot. And that is the big issue with the story so much is done to further the plot that I can see the tricks. A good magician or writer should be impenetrable to the audience.

The author is talented they can write scenes that will make you cry and make you leap for joy. They have all the tools to write and do it well with both talent and panache. In fact they are one of my favorite authors which is why I spent all this time on this review to hopefully help them in the future. A note says in this that after the hotel incident many thought there was no coming back from it and there was not. In life when you are betrayed by someone you move on and find someone else and usually fall in love all over again. A story were you take out that possibility is truly fantasy. The only way they would of gotten back together is if they were the only people on earth. I will say that this author is the only one I have on my favorite authors and that I do not regret that but this is not their best work.
Liz Ben chapter 46 . 5/24
Drops dead, finds my nirvana. Absolutely love how the story unfolds and crinkles and tears and then lays flat, all crinkly and bloodspotted and soft. LOVED it. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
Haha. Arms of the angel quote!
Silver Mia Wolf chapter 3 . 2/23
I cant believe its possible, but my Hank love just expanded and overflowed, and EEEEEE
X.summergrey.X chapter 6 . 2/2
this is getting so depressing. I just want to cry for them.
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 46 . 1/22
You managed it, you definitely managed it. I am amazed at the realistic and believable way you wrote their relationship.
Agoddamnlovestory chapter 46 . 8/25/2014
Addictive and emotional, and damn it's too bad their relationship couldn't have ended up like this in the movies! God bless fanfiction! 333
Emma Kellog chapter 46 . 8/14/2014
Found this story through another authors favorites and boy am I glad I clicked on it. What a roller-coaster ride. I have spent most of my waking time over the past few days devouring this story. You really tapped in to the primal nature of these two characters, and while that hotel scene was difficult, I don't think it was insurmountable. I liked that you. Didn't sugar-coat their actions. Their discussions were raw and honest and vital to building a true relationship. Your writing is a pleasure to read. Great flow, well thought out and engaging dialog. Looking forward to reading more of your work. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your work.
lassador chapter 46 . 6/14/2014
It was beautiful. Thank you for sharing their journey with us. We were truly lucky to see their evolution and resolution.
trinitytrp chapter 46 . 4/15/2014
Just finished reading this story for what was probably the fifth time! Have to do something to tide me over while waiting for the next Shine Against Me chapters! Have you ever thought about doing a short vignette? Maybe just a chapter or two, say a couple of chapters showing their relationship while Marie is pregnant? Just curious!
KravenV chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
yes i just found this story and i just had to review i wanted to review just after a few lines when she said "it was an accident" and it wasnt her who said it! I was like OMG this is awesome and I could see at that point u really did have a baby bunny and evolved lol (i love that by the way) but I cant wait to continue on I just HAD to review the first chapter ;3
Guest chapter 34 . 2/17/2014
Hhhmmmmm this story reminds me of a song I've listened to before... What was it... OH! Know I remembers its called careless whisper...
Hollydoor chapter 33 . 2/16/2014
Are they ever going to have a child?
Hollydoor chapter 9 . 2/15/2014
She went to far I couldn't hold the tears Beck anymore they spilled the Damn didn't break it exploded just five minutes ago I left school, Damn Saturday school crap
Hollydoor chapter 5 . 2/15/2014
Well I'm in school right now so I'll be swift. This chapter cut all the way down to my heart and left a gapping wound in its place. I was so close to crying so much it hurt. But I had to hold it in, I will never cry in school, I had a very bad experience with it. Well this is for Logan, you may be going to hell but you have a home, you have one that would've loved you and followed you into the pits of the seven hell, so catch her before someone takes her! Don't let your feer cloud your dudgment and go get her before it's too late.