Reviews for Parallels and Divergences
Jillian A.K chapter 2 . 2/18
I love how Jim lightens up the mood. And the contrasts between this universe and the original. Sarek in this universe is actually accepting of Spock's dual heritage. I wonder why Nero's arrival changed that?
Disappointed that there isn't more chapters as this is very good fun!
grannyshirley05 chapter 2 . 1/15
More please and ty
violetsxviolence chapter 2 . 5/7/2015
Why hello there! Can I tempt you to continue writing this lovely story? Seriously its a shame that its not complete. Your presentation of their relationship is very realistic and sincere unlike a lot of other writers you seem to understand their dynamic and how they work. You also do Kirk justice bc he is a good guy! This story has so much to offer but a big thank you for the chapters we have :)
RedShirtSurvivor chapter 2 . 12/20/2014
How lovely. I adore the way you've written Spock's unwavering commitment to his individuality, his mother's memory, and his relationship to Uhura. This interpretation is wonderful. You've managed to make Sarek the antagonist without making him a villian by giving his perception as a society rebuilder. And making *his* difficult position clear. I'm so looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for writing!
ilex-ferox chapter 2 . 11/27/2014
I loved the premise for this story and would so like to see it played out. This is an interesting take on NuSarek, where you've contrasted the Sarek of 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner' with the very different Sarek you showed us in the Holo series. I especially enjoyed your portrayal of Kirk; I feel the more serious, reflective Kirk of TOS is being lost in the reboot series. I could just about cope with the original reboot film's depiction of him, but Into Darkness made him the same brash, not to say irresponsible, character as before - to the extent that his appointment seemed to imply either that the Nero encounter killed off all possible replacement captains or Starfleet command had been hit by instant senility. You depicted him as beginning to mature and show the empathy and judgement any credible leader would need.

As asked, I have reviewed but may I also put in a plea for this story to be completed if it's not too much of an imposition. Thank you so much for your wonderful stories.
Saissa chapter 2 . 11/24/2014
I'm wondering if whomever SAREK married is influenceing Sarek against Spock, or at least against Amanda at any rate.

So who exactly DID Sarek marry?
Or was this all T'Pau's doing?
Beachgirl25 chapter 2 . 10/27/2014
Please, Please , Pretty Pleasrpe finish this story! It is to good to not have an ending :-) All of your stories have been great!
Obsessive66 chapter 2 . 8/24/2014
Just rediscovered this story. I hope you do continue it. I'm having difficulty imagining Sarek being this 'unfeeling' (if you know what I mean) over the untenable position he is putting Spock into. I suspect it is overcompensation for his grief.
chalce chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Thank you for dedicating your time to writing such nuanced and realistic stories about the StarTrek universe.

It's come to a point where your stories have become THE backstory that I remember when I watch any Star Trek programmes (although I must confess that I am not a die-hard Star Trek fan and so my viewing is sporadic at best). My favourite series is the Holo universe saga about Sarek and Amanda and their life together but am truly hoping that you continue this particular story with Spock and Nyota. I'm really interested to know what happens next. :) all the best!
Aranel Mirfain chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
This is as brilliant now as it was last year! Any plans to finish? I think I'll check out your other work in the meantime.
Dee chapter 2 . 4/10/2014
Really enjoy how you have characters interact - very true to life and also fun to watch. You have a real gift for getting inside their heads. Please keep going on this series.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/27/2014
Dee1600: The idea of the goat as a maid of honour is hilarious! I am looking forward to the next installment! Cheers!
Little Bird chapter 2 . 1/30/2014
O.k. while I wait for the updates on Sailor, have been working my way through your other stories. Love this, and once Sailor is done, I hope you come back to it.

Also am terribly in love with your story To Begin Anew and hope that is on the burner too for updating.

Am I being pushy? I think I am but I cannot help it.
quaff chapter 2 . 1/25/2014
It's good to see a strong Spock in relation to his father. I don't know why this works so well for me. Thank you for writing it.