Reviews for Parallels and Divergences
RedShirtSurvivor chapter 2 . 12/20/2014
How lovely. I adore the way you've written Spock's unwavering commitment to his individuality, his mother's memory, and his relationship to Uhura. This interpretation is wonderful. You've managed to make Sarek the antagonist without making him a villian by giving his perception as a society rebuilder. And making *his* difficult position clear. I'm so looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for writing!
ilex-ferox chapter 2 . 11/27/2014
I loved the premise for this story and would so like to see it played out. This is an interesting take on NuSarek, where you've contrasted the Sarek of 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner' with the very different Sarek you showed us in the Holo series. I especially enjoyed your portrayal of Kirk; I feel the more serious, reflective Kirk of TOS is being lost in the reboot series. I could just about cope with the original reboot film's depiction of him, but Into Darkness made him the same brash, not to say irresponsible, character as before - to the extent that his appointment seemed to imply either that the Nero encounter killed off all possible replacement captains or Starfleet command had been hit by instant senility. You depicted him as beginning to mature and show the empathy and judgement any credible leader would need.

As asked, I have reviewed but may I also put in a plea for this story to be completed if it's not too much of an imposition. Thank you so much for your wonderful stories.
Saissa chapter 2 . 11/24/2014
I'm wondering if whomever SAREK married is influenceing Sarek against Spock, or at least against Amanda at any rate.

So who exactly DID Sarek marry?
Or was this all T'Pau's doing?
Beachgirl25 chapter 2 . 10/27/2014
Please, Please , Pretty Pleasrpe finish this story! It is to good to not have an ending :-) All of your stories have been great!
Obsessive66 chapter 2 . 8/24/2014
Just rediscovered this story. I hope you do continue it. I'm having difficulty imagining Sarek being this 'unfeeling' (if you know what I mean) over the untenable position he is putting Spock into. I suspect it is overcompensation for his grief.
chalce chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Thank you for dedicating your time to writing such nuanced and realistic stories about the StarTrek universe.

It's come to a point where your stories have become THE backstory that I remember when I watch any Star Trek programmes (although I must confess that I am not a die-hard Star Trek fan and so my viewing is sporadic at best). My favourite series is the Holo universe saga about Sarek and Amanda and their life together but am truly hoping that you continue this particular story with Spock and Nyota. I'm really interested to know what happens next. :) all the best!
Aranel Mirfain chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
This is as brilliant now as it was last year! Any plans to finish? I think I'll check out your other work in the meantime.
Dee chapter 2 . 4/10/2014
Really enjoy how you have characters interact - very true to life and also fun to watch. You have a real gift for getting inside their heads. Please keep going on this series.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/27/2014
Dee1600: The idea of the goat as a maid of honour is hilarious! I am looking forward to the next installment! Cheers!
Little Bird chapter 2 . 1/30/2014
O.k. while I wait for the updates on Sailor, have been working my way through your other stories. Love this, and once Sailor is done, I hope you come back to it.

Also am terribly in love with your story To Begin Anew and hope that is on the burner too for updating.

Am I being pushy? I think I am but I cannot help it.
quaff chapter 2 . 1/25/2014
It's good to see a strong Spock in relation to his father. I don't know why this works so well for me. Thank you for writing it.
Oxford chapter 2 . 1/6/2014
First, just read Avery harsh review from someone called Minnie. She( or is it a he?) complains about the use of bold words, is not adding anything useful whatsoever. I personally think the use of emphasis with bold words adds to the flow and tone of the story. It sometimes reflects sarcasm.
I am alarmed at Sarek's response, it's as if he cannot have Amanda anymore and the life they had together, so should Spock be deprived of that life. He is being extremely selfish. So he marries a Vulcan, and I presume not for love but truly for logic this time, he would enforce Spock to do the same. He should do his duty and produce many more sons and leave Spock alone. I hope the 5 years will knock some sense into him. I wonder what Spock Prime thinks of the situation? Spock though is a very determined man, and it seems Sarek's has forgotten what sort of man Spock is. Spock does not waver in his convictions. In the meantime Kirk is just such a great friend to both of them.
I can't wait for the wedding, and hope all goes well without any further interference from Sarek.
tracysgate chapter 2 . 12/29/2013
This is a lovely series. Looking forward to the wedding :)
Avril Danova2013 chapter 2 . 11/8/2013
I read this in shock. Sarek so unreasonable and Jim Kirk so mature. Not to mention Spock, so sure of himself and who he is. Uhura seems very pliable. Cannot wait to see how you end this story.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 2 . 10/28/2013
An interesting beginning! More, please?
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »