Reviews for The Winner
This is so funny, but I love it! So true to character, great job! :-D
Writing-Forever-A-Passion chapter 1 . 1/17
Loved! :-D
Steve Quinn chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
This is really amazing and you have utilised language techniques very well. It could've been better though if you made her swelling process a lot more descriptive, because here it feels slightly rushed. Apart from that, you've nailed language devices and characterisation to such a degree.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/6/2014
AMAZING! had me hooked and I really like how you made violet so strong :)
RedIsNotAColour chapter 6 . 9/12/2013
This was brilliant, I loved it
I liked everything that you did and changed with this story and everyone was in character :D
Guest chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
Sounds like the oddball Wonka will soon have to do serious battle with one of his pint -sized prize winners. If that last line means anything, Violet is passionately determined to come out on top.
Amelia Peace chapter 6 . 8/3/2013
It was well written, I liked your play on the characters and describing the situation from her point of view without giving too much detail. Structurally it is a well written story. However, I would not list it as a story I enjoyed, the way I view both versions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, its a story of morals. Good is rewarded in the end and evil is vanquished (To some Degree). By making Violent Violet the "Winner", complete botches the moral reason the book was written in the first place.
Again, it was a well written story. And yes, it is fan fiction; but for me as an writer and artist, I judge the creation by more than its structure.
Sesquip chapter 6 . 7/31/2013
This was a highly entertaining story. Deliciously different from most of the other stories in the CatCF section, and well-written too. I loved the way you expanded Violet's character, making her out to be cool and also likable in her desire for fair play from Wonka's end, and with funny dialogue to boot. The buildup to the tables finally being turned on the antagonistic Wonka in this story actually had me excited.

I also have to say that I very much agree with you on the portrayal of Wonka in the 2005 movie, as he was over-the-top eccentric, and quite frankly, annoyed the heck out of me at times. Not to mention he was most definitely creepy. The chalky-pale, skeletal visage didn't help matters in the least.

(Hey, ASBusinessMagnet. The author never actually stated in the concluding note that they HATED the 2005 movie. They were describing ways in which the movie was flawed, yes, but that doesn't mean they outright hated it. If they really do hate it, it's their opinion, and I wouldn't let that hinder my enjoyment of a good story such as this. I mean, really! Talk about sour grapes.)
ASBusinessMagnet chapter 6 . 7/25/2013
And just when I think the story is all sorts of cool, you ruin it by saying you actually hate the 2005 movie. Thanks a lot. *shivers in anger*
Guest chapter 6 . 7/25/2013
I loved it! You should make another Violet fic too! Nice ending might I add, you really tied it all up together!
Dead-Rogs chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
I love this, one of the best fan-fictions I've read. I've always been a fan of Violet, she has a really interesting personality, especially in the second film, and it's ashame it wasn't used much. This story really does her personality justice, I enjoyed the read and can't wait for the update.

*Spoilers*
Also, loved the part where she swallowed her record breaking chewing gum, that really did surprise me, and perfectly portrayed Wonka as the villain of the tale.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/18/2013
Ooh, cliffhanger.

Update soon, yo!
tomxdougluver14 chapter 4 . 7/8/2013
I was about to go to the begining chapter but the new one had just appeared. So weird