Reviews for The Winner
inuyashafanwhitehair chapter 6 . 8/20
You are amazing (sorry it took so long for me to review, I just realized after re-reading several times). As much as I like the 2005 movie, it has it's problems although it really was your fanfiction that had me spot the big issue (Wonka himself compared to the children being taught a 'lesson'). Somehow, this has made it so much more enjoyable to watch.
jared.dicarlo chapter 2 . 3/31
I fucking died at "Yertle the Hurdle"
WellTemperedClavier chapter 6 . 5/26/2015
Hey, I stumbled on your story by accident, and I quite enjoyed it. In truth, I found it very cathartic. I never saw the '05 version, but the '71 version really creeped me out when I saw it as a young child. In a strange way, it felt a bit of a relief to see Violet turn to the tables on Wonka like this. Thank you.
Writing-Forever-A-Passion chapter 6 . 1/17/2015
This is so funny, but I love it! So true to character, great job! :-D
Writing-Forever-A-Passion chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
Loved! :-D
Steve Quinn chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
This is really amazing and you have utilised language techniques very well. It could've been better though if you made her swelling process a lot more descriptive, because here it feels slightly rushed. Apart from that, you've nailed language devices and characterisation to such a degree.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/6/2014
AMAZING! had me hooked and I really like how you made violet so strong :)
RedIsNotAColour chapter 6 . 9/12/2013
This was brilliant, I loved it
I liked everything that you did and changed with this story and everyone was in character :D
Guest chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
Sounds like the oddball Wonka will soon have to do serious battle with one of his pint -sized prize winners. If that last line means anything, Violet is passionately determined to come out on top.
Amelia Prynne chapter 6 . 8/3/2013
It was well written, I liked your play on the characters and describing the situation from her point of view without giving too much detail. Structurally it is a well written story. However, I would not list it as a story I enjoyed, the way I view both versions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, its a story of morals. Good is rewarded in the end and evil is vanquished (To some Degree). By making Violent Violet the "Winner", complete botches the moral reason the book was written in the first place.
Again, it was a well written story. And yes, it is fan fiction; but for me as an writer and artist, I judge the creation by more than its structure.
Sesquip chapter 6 . 7/31/2013
This was a highly entertaining story. Deliciously different from most of the other stories in the CatCF section, and well-written too. I loved the way you expanded Violet's character, making her out to be cool and also likable in her desire for fair play from Wonka's end, and with funny dialogue to boot. The buildup to the tables finally being turned on the antagonistic Wonka in this story actually had me excited.

I also have to say that I very much agree with you on the portrayal of Wonka in the 2005 movie, as he was over-the-top eccentric, and quite frankly, annoyed the heck out of me at times. Not to mention he was most definitely creepy. The chalky-pale, skeletal visage didn't help matters in the least.

(Hey, ASBusinessMagnet. The author never actually stated in the concluding note that they HATED the 2005 movie. They were describing ways in which the movie was flawed, yes, but that doesn't mean they outright hated it. If they really do hate it, it's their opinion, and I wouldn't let that hinder my enjoyment of a good story such as this. I mean, really! Talk about sour grapes.)
ASBusinessMagnet chapter 6 . 7/25/2013
And just when I think the story is all sorts of cool, you ruin it by saying you actually hate the 2005 movie. Thanks a lot. *shivers in anger*
Guest chapter 6 . 7/25/2013
I loved it! You should make another Violet fic too! Nice ending might I add, you really tied it all up together!