Reviews for Finding Hope in Darkness
Your first chapter is all over the place and makes no sense contextually or characteristically.
Puts me off from reading the rest, sorry.
Mily-y chapter 12 . 4/23
Oh my... I really loved it! After reading again 'Thicker than Blood', I'm really glad I passed by this one! Even if it's not finished (is it like definitely abandoned or would you continue it some day? I'd love that *praying*), it was really interesting, and it's not so much about the plot (for now, it's quite simple, but you could bring the horcrux again anytime, and despite its simplicity appearance, I like it this way) but the characters. Your Harry is very damaged albeit very fascinating, you make us curious about how he deal with his past, pain and nightmares, his new situation (no possible return) and his young double, and so on. I'm also curious about the others, also because most of them are 'new', this is not the generation we are used to, and especially for the Longbottom. Alice is very funny and refreshing in this way. Moody too, with the role, more important, that you gave him. His analysis was interesting, about Harry putting himself in front of a spell which was aiming Moody (sorry if it's a bit confused the way I say it ). In short, I really enjoyed your story and read it quickly: it's so fluid! One of my favourite passage was the first lessons of Harry as a teacher: so interesting and challenging for the students (and a good point of view, isn't it ? ;)). Another one was when Harry was scolding Albus: the latter thought about the fact that no one scold at him in the last twenty years, haha! Your story is dramatic, having the marks of war everywhere, but also quite funny. There's a good balance and that really immerse us into your story, along with your characters. Thank you for sharing this story! I hope you'll continue it one day! See you :).
ir7 chapter 12 . 4/8
Nice story so far, sadly abandoned
JDL45 chapter 12 . 3/30
A fun story. I just discovered it. I will enjoy it if you get the inspiration to continue sometime.
Residenthobo chapter 3 . 2/11
I understand that in the future he probably didn't have time nor opportunity to, what with the war and all, but now that he has plenty of both, couldn't he go get an eye similar to Moody's?
Why has not even one character thought of this yet?
I don't mean to be that guy, but it's really been confusing me.
I really like this fic but at the beginning of the chapter your wrote lunges instead of lungs
Brenden chapter 12 . 12/6/2015
qwerty19 chapter 12 . 11/22/2015
This is really good! I know it's been a while, but can you please update?
Foxy-Floof chapter 2 . 11/11/2015
Woah. That's a bit crazy, without any preamble or explanation of HOW Harry got sent back in time. But it's nice to see that he's not faffing about and is trying to help as much as possible right off the mark.
bassoongirl14 chapter 12 . 11/8/2015
Love this so far! I hope you continue it!
grimmich chapter 12 . 10/22/2015
What did he do? I cant wait to more, its a ver good story...
Ppsh chapter 3 . 10/14/2015
This is really well written, but the premise is kind of absurd.
No reason whatsoever for him traveling back in time. No explanation for why Harry was being tortured to begin with - all we can assume is that things went much more brutally in his life than they did in the books. No explanation as to what happened between him being released & then suddenly stumbling back in time - presumably years passed.

But the biggest issue for me, one I cannot fathom how you would explain away, is the little fact that Harry shouldn't be blind, which has apparently become of central interest in the story. Even if he had lost both of his eyes, he could have gotten replacements just like Moody did with one of his eyes. Hell, by all accounts those eyes are even better in some ways than natural eyes (see through objects, out back of own head, etc).
BeautifulCherryBlossom chapter 12 . 9/27/2015
Too bad there's no more of this awesome story!
luvsanime chapter 12 . 8/31/2015
No chance of an update then? sadness chapter 12 . 8/3/2015
really good and different enough from the usual keep it up