Reviews for Nomenclature
Very cool story..I mean it takes a lot of talent to pique the interest of the reader with something as simple as picking a name...so good job!
Tek Sonay chapter 1 . 1/11
Ahhh my heart! That was beautiful on so many levels! SO many wonderful relationship developments, inquiries, and struggles were all mentioned here. I felt every realistic tug and pull of their affections and thoughts. Well done!
Hermonthis chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
Oh my, this was quite the story all based upon a surname! Where to start? I couldn't stop beaming, Ahiru and Fakir were adorable and in-character and made my fandom heart flutter with delight. I appreciate the Author's Notes at the end and I agree with you, Morgenstern is a lovely name for Ahiru - before she gets her new pair of toe shoes. (and yes! A Princess Bride reference!)
SakuraRosette chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
* insert Mortal Instuments reference here* I do think you picked a lovely name though and it fits well with Ahirus theme of hope. Its a very stong name that also sounds a bit elegant, truly befitting Ahirus inner self.
Butterfly Crown chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
Love it! I've never been dissatisfied with my own name before but it's nice to see how much research went into it! I never really thought about people disliking there names before. I'm not really comfortable giving my full name out online, but the translation is alright I suppose. 'Rational Reborn Son of Spear ruler' of course I have a warlike surname, but that suits me just fine. To the importance and power of words, stories and Nameings.
Kristiana chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
www. petitiononline tutu0921 /petition (remove the spaces) Sorry, I don't know what happened, but this is the link. _
Kristiana chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
I post this to every Princess Tutu fanfic I read and like!
It is a call for every PT fan out there. Pretty please sign this petition:
Also please post the link wherever you find suitable so more people can see it and sing.
Thank you very much and keep up the good work! \(o)/
kim-onka chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
That's a very interesting concept, and I was frankly surprised to see how long a story you wrote from that. So of course I had to read it. And because it's just so engaging.

I absolutely love the interactions between Fakir and Ahiru, you portrayed them and their relationship wonderfully and amusingly - I can just see them bickering like that. Some things don't change, and it's really cute. Ahiru in her bright enthusiasm and generous overthinking and Fakir in his annoyed embarassment (Raise. Drop. Thunk.) would even be enough, but the names! I laughed at Freud, yet what truly won the prize was the, ahem, "giving up the name" part. It was lovely. Bonus points for "parapsychological Rutherford experiment".

I like it how you managed to convey the closeness between Fakir and Ahiru without being glaringly obvious about it - I mean, there is talk of marriage, that part is obvious, but there is also the shyness and talking round the subject and holding hands and how kissing Ahiru's hand is actually being bold. It's sweet and feels very true.

My first association with Morgenstern is, yes, the spiky weapon, but if I focus on the sound and the "morning star", it's not bad. I don't believe the Bible ever calls the star Venus Lucifer, either, and Aphrodite with swans seems appropriate (even if originally it was geese, Tutu was a swan). Also, Ahiru is a character whose prevailing strength is hope, so a star that invokes morning, or dawn, which is the end of the night, is a good choice. (The Princess Bride, too!)

About godparent being related to a godchild, at least in my country it is customary to ask your siblings to be your child's godparents before anyone else (although the two shouldn't be siblings, as in, one from the mother and one from the father). So no, it's not unusual at all.

Thank you for the entertaining read :)
Silver Skies - Red Lakes chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
A. Lot of thought and its still awkwardly beautiful that I am just flabbergasted at! It's ┼╝AMAZING! I love it and I wish u continue writing more I BEG OF U!
The Sandman's Daughter chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
My reaction:
Nonononononono
Why?
Why would you do that?
;-; Whyyyy?

Explination:
I am a fan of "The Mortal Instruments," and the villain's last name is Morgenstern T_T And is a direct reference to Lucifer, the devil. So, yeah, not a big fan of this name. Even though it's really pretty.
Nanenna chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
I have to admit when I read Morgenstern I snorted because I just got to the part of the book where the Count had just finished The Machine. Yay! Literary fan-mates!

This was cute and sweet. It felt a bit drawn out but was otherwise a very enjoyable read.
SS chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
I liked it!

The names were awesome. And now I have to find this website...

One point I'll make though. I'm not sure about Fakir, but I do know that in the manga, Ahiru has a last name. Arisa, I think... not sure. It's something along those lines. I can't get to the manga right now, or I'd look it up.

Still like the names you chose... makes me wonder what my mother's maiden name means... Van Hauter... I think Hauter means Skins...

Anyway, really a great story!
Moon Shadow Magic chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Wow, I'm glad I dropped by ffn today! This was fun! I like Morganstern for Duck as well. I also thought immediately of the mace- with- chain weapon (I saw that another name was Godentag) but when it comes down to it, those were euphemisms. (I have two on my wall. Homemade for costumes- thick dowels, six- inch chains, rubber bouncy- balls painted silver and covered with leatherworkers' quarter- inch pyramid spots... but I think I'm possibly the only one on my block with a lifelong medieval weaponry fascination. The only female, at least.)

Anyways. I usually hear the name locally as Morningstar, and I think it's pretty. I don't remember hearing of an association with Lucifer, but a popular hymn calls Jesus "the bright and morning star"; I'd have to look to see if that has any Biblical basis.

Naturally, I'm up for Nutcracker and Princess Bride references, too.

Muchly enjoyed!
Tawny chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
AW OH YEAH! This was great and I loved the names you gave them!