Reviews for Giving Thanks
MargaritaS chapter 1 . 9/3
great story :)
Curious-Brunette13 chapter 1 . 1/21/2016
The ending was great, I always wondered how she knew how to hotwire a car, and this is a good scenario.
GalaxieGurl chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
Great follow-up story to a memorably awful episode yet one of redemptive value.
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
I liked this very much. I loved that you showed us how Brennan had mad car skills.
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Brilliant! Loved the part about Russ... perfect!

And Booth's storming out overwhelmed was so very real.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I enjoyed that last scene with Russ. He's definitely an underappreciated character in Bones world!
boneslover29 chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
This was perfect! Exactly as I pictured it happening! I love how you fill in the blanks the show left so perfectly! :)
jazzyproz chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
I love the step-by-step questions Brennan asks during Booth's visit to church, and in return, his exasperation with her. Love it.
And I loved her 'logical' justification of her actions:
"I would have rather you think it was our fault for being impatient, for trying to escape on our own, than for you to think you didn't get there in time."

And I LOVED that you had Russ teaching her how to hotwire a car. That was great!
Thanks so much!
asoulofstars chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
I really liked this. It was a very different take on what most of the rest of us did with this challenge. I liked the uniqueness of yours. And this ending with her and Russ as kids was brilliant. Great job. :-)
EveyEve1215 chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Mad kewl story.
LondonLI chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
I always enjoy how your mind pulls these different Bones canon threads together. Great job!
casket4mytears chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
True story: if I didn't ship Hodgela so hard and if Booth weren't so Boothy, I would ship Brennan-Hodgins all day and night. I think the depth of their respect for each other in Aliens is why it remains my favourite episode of all time.

I love the tie to Russ; so perfect and so believable.
Yatobu chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Got to say your story is my favorite so far from this fill-in the blank challange and you stick to the rule too. You are talented story teller and I love this as much as I love your other stories.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
That phone call to Russ was so unexpected and yet where else would she have learned that! Loved it! :)
the dud pistachio chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
In the beginning when Booth and Brennan are in the church I couldn't help but draw parallels of Brennan's observations to those of Bloom's in the Lotus Eaters episode of Ulysses. It's the whole demystification of the church and it's so fascinating to me to view it in this light since I myself am Catholic.

Something I've always loved about Brennan is her surety in things and since God isn't real to her and Booth is, I am quite giddy at the thought of her belief and faith in Booth since this is the foundation of their love for one another. "Feeling the miracle of her eyes" is a very lyrical and pretty line. And the "too close but never quite close enough" line/thought put me on the edge just as it did for Booth.

Brennan's thankfulness for Hodgins' company and their exchange in the lab is bittersweet. Her sympathy for him as she recognizes that this is his first time locked in darkness is SOsosososooo heartcrushing! I lovelovelove that you bring this recognition to light since it also reveals her everlasting compassion.

The lesson Russ shares with her is also a very sweet addition here and I love that Brennan reflects on precisely who she has to thank for getting her out of that darkness.

Thank you for this truly fantastic read! :))