Reviews for Last Rites of the Full Moon
Theralion chapter 1 . 3/13
This is a nice concept, showing Kazuto finding the grieving families of the Black Cats in the real world. I can see him finding that information on his own so that he wouldn't have to rely on Kikuoka for it, and it would have been nice to see him do it (possibly after Fairy Dance).

I do have to wonder whether the gap between the first four Black Cats' deaths and Keita's death was long enough for his family to go to his side and witness his passing, but doing it this way was a nice touch.

It's also interesting showing the different perspectives of the parents, from blaming Kazuto, to blaming the others.

Ducker's father seemed somewhat harsh with his son to blame him for walking into the trap, especially when they only have Kirito's word for it. I liked Tetsuo's mother's and Sachi's father's perspectives, though, although some of the odd transitions from one parent speaking to another occasionally made things confusing.

Calling Kayaba "Shithead" seemed to break the mood of the story slightly, though. As for Kirito, while he doesn't appear to have any remorse about killing Kayaba (unlike Kuradeel and the two other Laughing Coffin members), and has not forgiven him, he doesn't seem to hate Kayaba (From the light novels, after Kayaba says the dead aren't coming back, Kirito narrates "That is what a man who killed four thousand people had to say for himself? But for some reason, the anger did not come."), even if he surprises himself by not doing so.

I liked the reference to how Kirito sometimes feels he's still in the old Aincrad, similar to how he confessed to Leafa at the end of their duel that he feels that he won't truly be home until he saves Asuna.

All in all, there were a few minor quibbles, but this was quite well-written, a good look at a scene that would have been nice to see in canon.
tyler chapter 1 . 2/25
c': best thing ive ever read
Drake Silver chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
this was pretty good. I would have thought they would do a ova or a episode on it.
jesi ki kage chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
That was deep. Very well done connecting the different views and the emotional pain Kazuto was putting himself through. Strong flow, the only part with confusion was at the beginning when he checked the time, but even that was sorted out by continuing to read. Good Job, -JKK
Kanrei chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Wow, that's a nice take!
Gazdav chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
This was very well done.
I had a similer idea but you beat me to it. The only difference was I focused more on Sachi because she was Kiritos first love. But them is the brakes

Again well done.
thelastsoldier21477 chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
This is a great story. I like the premise, and I liked how you said that Kayaba was the 4th person that he killed. That's a nice touch there. Shows that you did some research. Gotta say though, this really deserves a second chapter, where Kirito comes home and gets comforted by Asuna (and Suguha). That'd be nice to see. Anyways, thanks for the hard work, and I really hope that you post more SAO stories.