Reviews for Hearts in Chaos
Oerba Yun Lightning chapter 34 . 4/14
I am loving this story so far but one thing keeps nagging at my mind where it Chaos Revenge? I mean is it just sitting in Caius room in the inn? or what?
The Punch Lord chapter 34 . 4/6
tension, tension everywhere
i chapter 34 . 4/6
This was ''Outbreak''.
A chapter that progressed everything, to me at least. First things first: wonderful written. And, even if, for some clear reasons, I can't be as expert as you are, surely I want to comment on this. I liked your style, I liked the way you adapt your mind, your ideas, your... whole attitude depending the different circumstances.
Yeah... Snow is definately changing, and its a constant change -not an abrapt one- from his FFXIII self to his LR, that's clear. What I want to say, is that you succeed in giving out the ''fiber'' of his inner emotions, his new constructed character. The dialogues, your mannerism in writing... But definately, you can't change someone from the stage A to stage B. And that's something I want to discuss about, today.
People have that element; they adapt. They adapt to every situation, to every problem, they give out the impression they changed. Just like Lightning might thought, as she came to comfront Snow at this state. But people can't change up their persona in overall. It's not surely possible. Maybe a very big part of themselves, yes, but I think they always keep some fragments of their past selves even under the most difficult parts. About Caius and Lightning, they just let themselves be... themselves. They didn't change, they adapted, but mostly they gave up their guard as you said. No one said that the real Caius is a coldblooded warrior of Pulse, and Lightning a faceless soldier. In time, they adapted. But as yourself saw, making them meet what filled them, they returned to what they REALLY are. About Snow, so, I have a premonition he will become worse, I would humbly point out that you shouldn't let his past self to completely faint. It would he heartsoothing to see just , only just, some sparkles of his (lost) sun, even during the most dark times, when everything would seemingly lead to a dead-end. Do you promise you would try that out? ... :) Please...?
The beginning of everything, a new part of the story now comes up, has gone really well. Needless to say, I read this chapter and filled my heart with warm and multiple other emotions. I told you that you got that talent passing your emotions to us, didn't I? I really got that today, and I want to give a big THANK YOU for posting.
About Caius and Lightning's relationship, well, just hearing Lightning confirming her love to him... ahh... Nothing better. She is back to Claire, for him. Lightning will get back to action when the time calls for it. And, it was interesting seeing Caius trying, as gently as he can, to manipulate Lightning in a way, to let Serah to Snow. Because... some things should finally move on. Even if it's still early, their lives have settled up in a new way. Serah will become a mommy, so she needs to be... more independant. And yes, Caius needs Light for himself. But still not selflessly, you know how to balance out things. I got you that.
So, that was for today, I'll wait until the next update. In a couple of weeks right? :) I'll be there with both heart and mind. Have a nice day, my friend!
The Justice and Death chapter 33 . 4/3
You will not abandon this history!, i'm at your side, novelist! So continue it! Please! And i'm favoriting your fic!
Amy chapter 33 . 3/27
Great chapter and it was well worth the wait, I'm glad they seem to have their relationship more or less worked out.
I'm looking forward to so many things coming up in this story, your doing a great job with this, it's entertaining and interesting, one of the best ff13-2 fics out there.
I'm excited for the next chapter.
The Punch Lord chapter 33 . 3/24
soooo much fluff! and it ended on such a worrisome note. now my biggest concern now is that serah won't make the birthing.
yesssss chapter 33 . 3/24
so glad you updated!
I'm worried about snows and serahs baby...I hope it turns out well :X

and Lightning trying to act all relationship-like with caius? oh how cute...I wonder how this one turns out

awesome job so far :)
Serina Tsuki chapter 33 . 3/24
OMG, Snow/Serah ness! I can't wait to hear Snow's reaction! And poor Serah and the baby! Can't wait for the next chapter!
i chapter 33 . 3/24
Seems like it was yesterday when I saw your face
You told me how proud you were but I walked away
If only I knew what I know today
Ooh ooh

I would hold you in my arms
I would take the pain away
Forgive all your mistakes.

There's nothing I wouldn't do
To hear your voice again.
Sometimes I wanna call you but I know you won't be there

Oh, I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself by hurting you

Some days I feel broke inside but I won't admit
Sometimes I just wanna hide 'cause it's you I miss
And it's so hard to say goodbye when it comes to this, ooh, whoa

Would you tell me I was wrong?
Would you help me understand?
Are you looking down upon me?
Are you proud of who I am?

There's nothing I wouldn't do
To have just one more chance
To look into your eyes and see you looking back

Oh, I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself, oh, oh, oh.
If I had just one more day
I would tell you how much that I've missed you since you've been away
Oh, it's dangerous
It's so out of line
To try and turn back time
I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself by hurting you - Christina Aguilera, Hurt.
And... about THIS chapter of Caius and Lightning, I have no other comment. BEAUTIFUL EVERYTHING, you took my heart away...
reikat chapter 30 . 3/16
I've been reading this for a solid two and half days. I was going to wait until I reached the end of what you have up so far but hell, this needs to be said.

It's about damn time! *breathes heavily* Dammit, Caius...doesn't help your handsome mug shares the same voice as Kain...

That aside, you just earned yourself a watch, my friend.
Myahle chapter 32 . 3/14
I really love this story so far! I was immediately hooked and eagerly look forward to another update. I am glad that you are taking L&C's relationship slow, which most writers seem to forget to do. A major element of romance is the actual lead up to the intimacy part of a relationship; the complexities and process of forming a romantic relationship between two lovers is sometimes more enthralling than the "cupcake stage" and sugary fluff. I love how you capture this - their struggles and baggage, as well as their sweet spots. :) Lovely work!
why is caius so weak here? he topples buildings, cuts through metal and concrete, falls from heights higher than 20ft, all without looking winded in 13-2's open. but here he sounds weak. for that matter he doesnt sound like a man, more like a girls take on a man. you a girl? you seem like one from your writing. caius and snow both lack that certain vibe men have. not saying they need to be cavemen but somethings off and it feels more women. work on your foreshadowing, it's too clear whats gonna happen. lebreus pairing wasnt a shock, and caius and lightning its clear they end up together. story drags and is painful.
amy chapter 32 . 3/9
First of all I wanted to say it was an entertaining chapter, at the beginning I felt like groaning in frustration and hitting my head against the wall, I thought they had took one step closer in their relationship just to back off and throw it all away, I'm so glad they didn't though I don't think I could take it.

I like that serah knows now and that she was able to speak to lightning about it without her getting all touchy about caius like last time.

I'm so looking forward to reading more but for now will entertain myself with your LR fanfic.
The Justice and Death chapter 32 . 3/9
Very good! Heh...i thinked who that two will start rambling like in first encounter, but forgeting this "bowns before you" it's a pleasure reading this fic, continue with the good work!
i chapter 32 . 3/9
Just...
I felt happy -as always I do- once noticing your update. What am I feeling now is something MORE than pure excitement. It's something... gently, warm, beautiful... fascinating.
No words for me to describe what this chapter managed on me. So... I'm afraid it will be difficult writing down this review.
The first thing I got out this, is that I must bow before a great talent as yourself. Do I have anything to say? In simply words : there is nothing wrong in this one. This was a masterpiece of human soul, purity and devotion which I'm afraid I had seen only into a couple of writers until this point.
Eventually this chapter became the best of the best so far and the reason was your own heart found beating inside each word, each sentence, each need of your characters to trully express themselves. I don't know how much time took this one for you to prepare, the real point is you managed to pull out a great job and honestly I want for more people -not necessarily FFXIII fans- to read this. Seriously.
This chapter is a collection of differences : doupt and strength, weakness and power, surrender and victory, love and hate, truth and lies. Those emotions just bound me, never letting me go, going along with your characters' might inside a sea of expression where reigns harmony. I don't know, but still I can imagine, love will be tested in the next chapters but it has a tremendous power never seen before.
Now, as Serah said, it's like a flower, still hinding timidly its beauty, newborn and pure, waiting up time to get nourished and bloom. And we wish to never die.
Someone said, you managed to give out this relationship in overall so naturally and realistic and this chapter ended up a first circle without giving up in various exaggerations. You expressed through the characters respecting them completely, never spoiling them, even through this difficult moment. For me, everything was perfect, so, no more comments. You've not idea how much you've made my day.
And... if you remember my past review, I'm surely alright now with Light, asking ''sorry'' from Caius about her behavior, as about her reaction back then, Light was actually angry with herself, not with Caius.
(Get ready for the LR story!)