Reviews for Our Blue Hour
Redmoon124 chapter 22 . 4/15
love this story from the start as you know. i can understand the dissolution with R and I the series, to be honest the writers have butchered them. So, my advice to you is keep to the creedo of your work, your jane and maura. the show doesn't exist, what you have written is beyond the show and beyond any imagination the writers have. in essence, this is a novel, one YOU have written. it real doesn't matter what the show has done. what you have created is a believable story, handled with care, with a progression through a terrible event with two women who love each other. how they get through it, their fight, their pathway across ice. You are the creator of this. The whole story is one of the best i have read. i hope you do continue it. The only thing i will say now, is let maura thaw, jane needs her more now, than jane being strong all the time. it's time for maura to realise to stay above the ice, she needs to hold out a hand to jane. not always have jane reaching for her. other than that, wonderful x. tc.
gram.waitforit.pola chapter 19 . 4/4
Not kidding, this is the best chapter I've ever read around here!
I gonna go over it again. And again. And once more.
Thank you so much for this, really!
gram.waitforit.pola chapter 15 . 4/4
Oh Maura (
gram.waitforit.pola chapter 14 . 4/4
OMG, is there any chance that Jane is... starting to want this baby? What about Maura?
gram.waitforit.pola chapter 10 . 4/3
. .
gram.waitforit.pola chapter 3 . 4/2
Nice chapter! I confess I was a little afraid of what might have hapenned to them! It was bad, but not that bad.
In the second part I couldn't help but laugh at Jane! ahahhahaha Poor woman! Glad she has her own doc at home to take care of her xD
I did not know that break a zip tie was easy! I've watched the video, by the way. Useful! Thanks for the tip! )
bb214life chapter 22 . 3/28
This story is so very well written. It is a hard subject, but you are doing a wonderful job explaining their feelings and the struggle they are undergoing. I hope you will continue, even with the negative responses by a few readers.
Alanna's modern day twin chapter 22 . 3/17
I have to say I love this fic. Made me cry a few time but really good to read.
Please update soon I cant wait to read more
Al
Transylvanian chapter 22 . 3/17
Great story so far.
Vean chapter 22 . 3/16
This is a beautifully written story, and the emotional aspect of reacting to a rape by both Maura and Jane sensitively handled. Thanks for writing this, and I hope you continue.
CharlieTheCAG chapter 22 . 3/12
Another good one!
ukred27 chapter 22 . 3/10
Loving this story. A hard read at times but beautifully written.
KathyBoPeep chapter 22 . 3/10
This story releases my beta dolphins. :)
davislp chapter 22 . 3/9
Oh, it was so amazing to get an update for this story! And wow, you did such an admirable job handling the trauma and drama and intensity surrounding Maura's decision. I can't say I would make the same choice, but Maura's reasoning and, well, her feelings on this make sense. And I love that she finally was able to spit out the words and fess up to Jane about what she's been thinking and goings through. Jane continues to be beyond wonderful. This felt like a really turning point for them, and I can't wait to see where they go from here. It is always such a privilege to read your writing, even when it's tough material. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and your respectful handling of a really tough topic.
jillian chapter 22 . 3/9
This is my first review because this story hits really close to home and I haven't even meant to be reading it yet, but I got hooked, even though I was preparing to be disappointed when you went with the abortion route but now I'm pleasantly surprised. I notice your getting some negativity though so I just want to share my $.02..

I was raised by a single mom and when I was 14 i found out (accidently.. long story) that I was rape conceived. If my mom had decided to abort i obviously would not know any different anyway, but as it happens, I was born, and i have a nice life and a great relationship with my mom & she has told me that if she could undo it all, she wouldn't because to her I'm worth what happened. It was an ugly thing to find out and it took me a little while to come to terms but I don't think of myself as "the rapists child" or "rape spawn" as so many people put it.. even though i can understand why it disgusts them it makes me sad and angry when that is always the automatic reatction because just with those few words and a curl of their lip they write off the entire life of a perfectly okay person like me. I am my own person, and i'm the proud child of the bamf who found it in her heart to love me and raise me even though she didn't askf or me.

I'd personally love to see Maura and Jane keep the pea, but I'm happy with their realization so far that the baby didn't do anything wrong and deserves life as much as any other, even if they adopt it out. It's more than I usually get out of stories like this. Thanks x