Reviews for Baggage
skadoo chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Well done. I loved this interaction between Chakotay & B'Ellana, not enough friendship stories centered on them. Also good to see the behind the scenes after Resolutions.
Mizvoy chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I had read this before and failed to comment on it. A lovely moment, with a tantalizing insight into what might have gone on between these two on the planet. Without any mention of a specific event or occurrence, the reader feels sure, as B'Elanna does, that something happened between these two that must end.

I love the line about her leaving here there "sorting through his baggage." So true.

Nicely done!
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Very nicely done. I enjoyed B'Elanna's confusion and then realization about Chakotay's reaction to the situation. I also liked that you had him bring up everything he had made, back to the ship. It always bothered me in the episode when it seemed like they were going to leave the shelter there... I feel like they would never contaminate an alien planet that way! Anyway, this was a great little picture into the C/T friendship.
Delwin chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Very nicely done. I really liked seeing this from B'Elanna's perspective. The dissonance between the crew's experience over those weeks - the slow fraying at the seams - and the peace that Chakotay found, evident in those objects that he created, is particularly striking.

And I particularly liked the line:
"This was a man who had just lost something. Maybe not a tangible thing, but . . . Damn."
Such a perfect, succinct B'Elanna train of thought!
Jordan Trevor chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
What a wonderful conversation between old friends! And a perfect spot - in the midst of Chakotay "sorting through his baggage." I'm sure for him each item holds a special meaning - feelings and memories that B'Elanna could never truly understand. Still, though, it's so nice to see how much she cares for him.

Thanks for sharing!
Kerry J chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Even though I laughed out loud at the end, I thought this was such a sad story. Chakotay clearly still hadn't come to terms with his return to the ship and then had to sit through B'Elanna's well-meant but unintentionally hurtful remarks about his stay on New Earth. But how can I blame her? She didn't know and I like how, when she did realise, she left him to sort through his baggage and his thoughts and feelings.

Great little story, I really liked it!
ForensAnthro chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
I love this! You've captured B'Elanna and Chakotay perfectly. It's really cool seeing the situation through B'Elanna's eyes. And of course I love the endingXD
PinkAngel17 chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Aww, that last line was both very funny and a little bittersweet. Much like the whole story. I could most definitely see this happening after their return. The fact that this was from B'Elanna's POV made it all that much better I think. Especially since I don't think I've really read this sort of thing from her point of view before. Wonderfully done! I loved it!