Reviews for Animal
TMNTfangirl4life chapter 1 . 3/5
Love it keep writing
Xanadu27 chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
Lo que muchas nos gustaría hacer, me gustó tu historia.
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Wow. This was a very interesting story and one I really liked. The way I see it is that the Turtles are part animal and part human. Yes, they are animals, but they've taken on some human characteristics too. And as for Laura's mother's debate, didn't God supposedly create all life, including animals? That means that Don could be saved, too. I'm not religious and don't believe in it, but that's just my thinking on it. Nicely done.

The Bubbly One,

I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Of course animals have a soul, perhaps they don't have the intelligence that we humans have, but they have tough us lessons of life. Many animals have better instinct to protect their young than we are (ex. kill a baby). Animals are the Almighty creation and animals, like dogs give us unconditional love. Many humans are incapable to show that.
SubtleBubbles chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I wish I could fave this a hundred times over and go over and give you a big hug for writing this no matter how little effort you might have put into it! Sometimes people can be so dense/stubborn/whatever and not take the time to think about this.

Just my own thoughts-I think they are most certainly NOT animals, nor are they human, but does that really have to make a difference? I can't really put words to it, but I know definitely that they have souls, I mean, why else would they have enough compassion for the human race that they go around saving countless people's lives even though they're spurned and insulted by them? Also, What about Noah's Ark? God specifically wanted two of each and every ANIMAL in existence that HE created to be on the boat, wouldn't make any sense for him to not want to save them otherwise now would it?

Goldflamesphinx chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
I can honestly say I know almost next to nothing about Christianity despite living in a Catholic family. But I do know what I learned from my mother honor and respect everything in life. I myself believe that that everything is boiled down to four things; body, mind, spirit, and soul. I believe every being has the right to exist since we all have this capability, even animals they just can't articulate it in a way 'we' understand. Also, again I'm no expert on Christianity, aren't they also supposed to be into love and understanding, that's what my mom told me. So this mother is not on my happiness list, this type of thinking is what is destroying mankind's progress.
Janajyo chapter 1 . 2/24/2006
Well, technically, according to the bible, the "soul" is merely a living thing, NOT neccecarily something seperate. It basically means that something is alive, so yeah the mom is wrong about that, not matter the issue.

About the deeper issue of salvation applicable, the truth of the matter is that although this happened in fiction, God would never allow something like this to happen, merely for the reason that it causes the trouble that it did. That is why it is impossible to sort this out. How could a God who IS love allow creatures to be created that would have to live in an almost hell because of their predicament, and yet they did no wrong, nor was it their fault? It would not make sense, nor would it be loving in any way.

However, were it to happen, you brought out the conflicts it would create quite well. to be in that situation would be heart breaking, not to mention horrifying.

Good Fic.
Goddess of Idun chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
I hope you won't get mad with me when I say that I want to hit your mum with something really hard and heavy.
dorcas chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
This is something I have been brooding about for a long time. Would you laugh if I told you I've had this type of debate with my parents?

About Christianity... you know we're not all like that, right? That mom's such a * and a lot of my friends would disagree with her.

Now that I've rambled, this was totally awesomeness! ( - ;; back to my known language...)
dorcas chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
YAY FOR REBELLION! *sniffle* I'm so happy!
TenseRebecca chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
are we aloud more chapters please i wanna know what you and Donatello does next lol. that was a good story.
Whitewolf89 chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
*snorts in contemputous derision* Laura's mother NEEDS to be defied. She is not only NOT a true Christian, she's a snobbish, certifiable IDIOT! I, I am proud to say, have been a practicing Christian for 42 years (I'm 48 years young), and, like MY very WISE mom and the majority of my family, have ALWAYS believed that animals are not only NOT dumb, they have souls and spirits just as we humble humans do. God, in His infinite wisdom, MADE it so. Case in point: there are HORSES in Heaven (read Revelations, if you don't believe me), and it says in that Holiest of Books, the Bible, that "the lion will lay down with the lamb, and the wolf with the kid, and a little child will lead them". There ARE animals in Heaven, and to even GET there, you HAVE to have a soul/spirit. EVERYONE knows THAT!

So, Laura's mother, stick THAT in your know-it-all pipe and smoke it! Donnie DOES have a soul. Or spirit. Or whichever. YOU'RE wrong, and Laura's right. So bite us BOTH, ya snotty, slf-righteous nitwit!

Oh, btw, other than getting SEVERELY, suprememly PISSED ar Laura's idiot mother, Iliked this, and I hope you update it soon.

Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
Interesting premise. I've often asked myself that same question and have come up with a stalemate of an answer.

There are several definitions to the word 'animal'.

One is, an organized living being endowed with sensation and the power of voluntary motion, and also characterized by taking its food into an internal cavity or stomach for digestion; by giving carbonic acid to the air and taking oxygen in the process of respiration; and by increasing in motive power or active aggressive force with process to maturity (1913 Webster)

Another words, a living organism!

Second meaning - One of the lower animals; a brute or beast, as distinguished from man; as, men and animals.

Another words, a living organism that is not man.

Definition to the word 'human' - a bipedal primate mammal; any living or extinct member of the family to which the primate belongs. Having human form or attritubes, susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature. Opposed to those of animals or divine beings; belonging to man or mankind; having the qualities or attributes of a man; or pertaining to man or to the race of man.

(Webster and the dictionary)

With that said, I asked myself this question. If a giraff should suddenly start spouting Shakspeare and carrying on intimate converstations (not sex, but conversations pertaining to each individual it encounters), expressing not only thought but complex ideas, would this giraff suddenly be considered human? No. It would still be a giraff. However, would it be considered sentient and intelligent? Yes, it would. The ability to express thought, feelings or complex ideas does not change who and what it is, it only expresses what it knows.

The Apes are intelligent as are porposes, whales, and the like. They are still what they are, however, despite what proof we can collect which says they are intelligent. Yet, the question this story presents is, can the species be more than it's whole to become equal with us - another words, human, and enjoy all the perks that go along with that distinction, which includes salvation.

I believe that God created the whole earth. I believe that his Son, Jesus Christ, died on the cross for all who have fallen short of the glory of God, which means the whole world. I believe that HE LOVES all the world. The whole world is more than people, though. It's implied to mean people, but if God created every living thing, then He also created a purpose to every living thing. Those species who cannot express independent complex thoughts outside of seeking food, eliminating, finding a mate, and procreating, are governed by those who can. Still, I ask you this question...a child who is retarded and cannot express independent thought, cannot express complex ideas, cannot even help themselves, have they become non-human? No, they are what they are the moment they were concieved, the moment they were given a soul, in that moment they became human. What they know does not change who and what they are.

As far as the TMNT's are concerned, they are not human, they are a different species, yet they are as human in thought, action, feeling, and intelligence as is portrayed in the myriad of stories about them. Being mutated turtles and therefore non human does not nullify their indentity or what they know, it just says what they are. The moral question presented in this story has been avoided throughout just about every story ever written about them. How can we justify relationships with them of any given nature and not have it be immoral? That, I believe, is probably the greatest stalemate I've encountered. I don't think there are any clear-cut answers. There are certainly plenty of questions and debate and I certainly feel that you - the writer of this story - did an admirable job of presenting such.

As far as whether or not they have a soul is determined by God and not my man. God can give what He desires to give. I believe that in the stories, the moment the TMNT's became sensient and sensitive to learning and the world around them, reacting beyond the way their original species would, I believe that they gained a soul. A soul, either having one or not, is not up to us, but is determined by the One who made all of us in the first place.

So, my stalemate is this, is it morally permissable to become intimately (sex) involved with said topics? It's a rather moot point, me thinks, as they are not real. We can imagine what we will because we are intelligent creatures of complex thought and action. As far as taking that idea to the inth degree under the premise that they are real would be a matter of circumstances. To fall in love with any of them may not be immoral. To act on it might be and that is the stalemate. How can we deny them the same kind of life we enjoy simply based on the fact that they are not 'classified' as human? I think if the TMNT's were indeed real, the world at large would become a bigger place as far as how it defines what an 'animal' and what is being 'human'.

As far as salvation is concerned, that is a God-thing and not ours. Too many of us try to be God, saying who is saved and who isn't. That is not for us to worry about. Our job is to be witnesses to the truth, to salvation, to point the way, to encourage, to love, to help, and to care for. We are the anvil where we need to be strong and supportive, but too many times we become the hammer instead. If the TMNT's were real and I had a chance to speak with them, I would most certainly talk about my faith and about Christ. I wouldn't hesitate one moment to do that. I would assume that they had a soul and are, therefore, eligible for salvation. Let God seperate who is and who is not.

Enough said.
Mel chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Don's okay, lol. I think the key word there is "whoever" which applies to everyone who believes, so Laura's mom is WRONG! Lol. Very good little fic, though, it touched on a lot of tense issues concerning the turtles, and I don't think they're just animals, either. I believe that animals have souls, but I think the turtles would be more than that b/c they have more humanity and morality than a lot of humans do nowadays. And love conquers all!
Ziptango chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
I liked it ) Poor Donny though, that's gotta be rough. And for my two cents, I think animals do have spirits. They have personalities, feel pain (Any who says they don't is a moron. That's scientifically impossible.) and if they can do that much, they do feel, and if they feel they have emotions. I have yet to meet a cat or dog that doesn't get jealous, lol. Anyway, good job. Write more!