|Reviews for Mystery of the Meitantei|
| Humanly Human chapter 4 . 2/2
Okay, Kounin. It have something to do with Jodie-sensei previous cover, which is: a teacher; it is a Japanese abbreviation; and Shinichi did missing highschool for 2 years. Sadly, I have no clue about the logo.
...But, I found this definition.
Kounin: (noun, abbreviation) Certificate for Students Achieving the Proficiency Level of Upper Secondary School Graduates, Japanese high-school equivalency examination
source: Dictionary /Browse /2762450-%E9%AB%98%E8%AA%8D-%E3%81%93%E3%81%86%E3%81%AB%E3%82%93
Umm, am I wrong?
| Guest chapter 4 . 1/28
Haibara is going to use the toilet trick right? My little brother and I always imitate him whenever he uses the toilet trick. It is so funny he uses it every third episode or so :)
| Anonymous chapter 4 . 1/16
Wow! Great story! XD Honestly, I thought she was Vermouth, and my first reaction is: uh oh... Well, this is a fantastic story! I'm looking forward to the answers of the riddles and the prize! And, I seriously can't find anything about Kounin... So.. Update soon! I'll be supporting you! :)
| Santoryuu3 chapter 4 . 1/11
Aww! The Detective Boys get cuter every time! Good luck with the next chapter.
| Guest chapter 4 . 1/10
A crab in astrology represents Cancer, plus Carnicus is a type of crab. So next stop...oncology? Not sure what "Ray" stands for though...
| WolfenAmphithere chapter 4 . 1/10
This is really cute, though I'm not entirely sure where you're going with it in the long run :)
| TheLameDaydreamer chapter 4 . 1/10
Jodie surprised me, because you described her as Vermouth which was misleading. Then again, I should have seen it coming!
Even though Shinichi was a bit more sensitive, it was interesting to see his perspective on hiding that secret from everyone else. Not only does it hurt others, but it hurts himself as well. In that manga/anime, not much of that emotion is shown.
it's nice to see DB developing as detectives, like at the part when they started figuring out that PeteyP.T.
Haha the 'popular detective anime'Detective Conan?
I've got no idea what the Kounin is, and it's frustrating because the logo is described too :/ I guess I'll have to wait for next chapter :)
One of the questions I'm hoping that will be explained will most likely include closure from the Operation and of course, what Yuusaku is up to!
| Loyal DC Fan chapter 4 . 1/10
I expected its Jodie... Though I wasn't completely sure. And I don't think he's bipolar and I don't know the answers to your other questions.
| Krista Perry chapter 4 . 1/9
Yay, another chapter! I was really happy to see the notification for this in my inbox. And it didn't disappoint! I love the interaction between Jodie and Shinichi. And... I have NO idea what Yuusaku is up to. Definitely looking forward to finding out! And I followed the link to the map you drew. I'm very impressed with that puzzle, and I'm glad the Detective Boys are having some success without Conan. (Shinichi just needs to tell them the truth! But then, where's the fun in that?) :)
Looking forward to the next chapter, and I hope school treats you well.
| It-Ended-At-3 chapter 4 . 1/9
Cute chapter, loved the dynamic between the Detective Boys and your use of side characters really brings the D.C. feel. Not sure what Yuusaku's up to. He's so unreadable and frustrating thatI often give up. Jodie gave me a light surprise. I really like her interaction with Shinichi. It's a refreshing perspective on his character and good exposition. I kinda like how they discussed things, the dialogue was very au natural if I say so myself. Its always really heartwarming to see that aspect of Shinichi come out. It brings into focus his character development.
Shinichi's acting a little nostalgic I'll say. It's rather delightful and human of him. But certainly the Meds would do that. XD I can't figure out the Ray Carnicus hint most likely because I'm not trying but I did get the Petey hint (your directory was a help) It's nice of you to involve the reader. Though I'll admit at first I though the room was maybe " Pediatrics" because it sort of sounds like "P.T." XD I came 'round obviously!
"Jotto Toilet!" Wonder how long that will get her out of that... but if anything she's what I'm most curious about. What did she say?! I gotta know! "Kounin" my handy-dandy translator says something along the lines of "offical recognition" or authorization etc. It could be anything really... Any offer to be an agent? Nah they were joking about that earlier... Witness Protection perhaps? She said "prepare" which could indicate maybe a test OR settling one's personal affairs... I'm obviously missing something here but you've got me curious.
Great chapter! Can't wait for more.
| xybolic chapter 3 . 12/31/2013
Hi, I'm xybolic from deviantart. I was just checking out your DA profile after your comment on my university headcanon art when I came across this, so I read it, given I'm in search of new fanfics to occupy me.
The premise is interesting because it's rare to find post-BO Shounen Tantei fics. I absolutely adore them, especially when they're investigating without help from Conan, so I was on board with them puzzle! And Ai's friendship with them, most especially with Ayumi, is one of my favorite things. I've always thought Ai would rather live her life as it is now than go back - in fact, after BO's down and gone, I don't think she has anything to return to, so this is what she'd want.
Yukiko and Yuusaku's presence - thank you. I was worried they'd never show up. And I was so surprised with Masumi's presence too! She is my absolute favorite aaaahhhh.
It's so nice to find a decent fic that leans on the ShinRan side, and one who takes Shinichi's character development as Conan too - oftentimes, my criticism with canon text, as well as fanfics, is that they ignore the character development throughout. If not, fanfics woobify.
My negative criticism is that in the first two chapters, some sentences are too long-winding, but I'd say this third chapter is a great improvement comparatively. Additionally, long, italicized thoughts feel out of place; they'd work better if they're more concise and brief. Lastly, a couple of punctuation misplaced here and there, nothing a good edit can't pick up.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to more chapters! Happy new year!
| It-Ended-At-3 chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
Alrighty. This deserves a review. A Nice one. Firstly, thank you for sharing your work. I can't begin to say how much of a blessing this fic is in the world of DC fics. I've been in a slump, this site is running out of good material and interesting ideas in the Conan world, and this kind of magically appeared. I am so glad I found this. There are several things that you do that really set you apart from DC fic-ers.
1. You respect the Detective Boys. It's a shame that people don't see their worth as characters or at the least, relations to our protagonist. I've got a soft spot for them and this speculative scenario is truly the test of their (presumable) development. It's interesting drama, them dealing with the loss of Conan while we readers know the truth. It is very reminiscent (as you have pointed out) of Ran's situation currently. Reversals like these are beautiful expressions of character. It really ties the themes together and it just feels nice! Oh I'm eating it up!
2. You respect the Canon! Its a given for some people but I really appreciate your care with an unfinished story. I don't particularity want to read your theory on how the epic showdowns going to happen. As your synopsis expresses, this is about the aftermath. Shinichi gets injured, Ran finds out, Antidote happens, Haibara 'stays behind'. These are very safe hypotheses that don't stretch the boundaries of our willing disbelief. I mean in the end if the internet does its job this will be here when the end of the manga/anime happens and its nice to keep it relevant. It shows how much you respect that and it helps, it seriously helps.
3. You push beyond the synopsis. Its the sign of a well thought out plot that you push the limits of this story telling medium. Sure its gonna be a story about the Detective Boys and the mystery that is Shinichi! ... but what did I just read? There's something brewing and I am dying to know whats going on with Shinichi. You've expanded the reach of your character study here. When I started reading I had no idea that I was going to be treated to a lovely insight on Ran Mouri's character as well. How about that relationship with Haibara? - let me tell you; pure gold. You have scope! I've been starving for this!
4. Well researched. I can tell you care. Who goes through the trouble of drawing out a map? 'aishimoto ga mienakunaru'? Well I'll be damned. I'm a smarter person now than I was when I started reading that's for sure. It helps latch your story into some solid ground. I encourage you to keep it up as I can see you are in your search for a smart beta, but I would love to assure you that it's okay to be a little off in such details... I'm not sure many people can pull of The Silversage's level of research. XD
5. This ones a bit more abstract and you might not even notice but I do. This deals with... ugh its hard to describe... tact(?). Each medium has a particular level of auxiliary detail provided. It deals with character building through the thoughts and actions in the story. Novels provide a lot of 'auxiliary' details about a character from the way they like their coffee to the way they make their bed. It helps ground them in a reality that's sympathetic. That being said, the extent which is appropriate changes throughout the mediums, from tv shows to movies, to anime and manga. So to make a long point short. What I notice you do in your narrative and choice of actions/dialogue/thoughts is that you make it /feel/ like an anime/manga. There are seemingly mindless things in here that... would just happen in a Japanese manga chapter/ anime episode that writers can rarely capture. It feels very good and it is down right impressive. Its a fanfic but it feels grounded, like this could be a legit plot twist. Not all fics need this trait but damn is it sparkly.
I am pleased to have found this story and long for your next update. I wish you the best in your hiatuses to come cause I know the feeling. May your muse shine brightly!
With great respect and sincerity,
PS: can I begin to tell you how awesome it is that you've included Masumi? I have like... never seen her in fics and while hesitant with her involvement particularly because of point #3, I applaud you. She is fun!
| DobbyRocks07 chapter 3 . 11/10/2013
I love the story so far! Can't wait till the next chapter! :D
| euroteres chapter 3 . 10/21/2013
This has been a lot of fun to read so far. I'm happy to see Sera Masumi actually being implemented into a fanfiction for once.
| Krista Perry chapter 3 . 9/17/2013
Okay, I'm not sure what happened, but I could have SWORN I already faved and followed this fic the first two times I read through it. This is my third time, so now I'm just making absolute certain that I'll be notified when you update. Good luck with your undergrad work! However, I am going to selfishly hope it doesn't keep you away from this fic for too long. :)