Reviews for The (Cruel) Mother's Gift and other Tales Through Time
Rihan K.A chapter 17 . 4/15
I just finished reading all 17 chapters of your story, at first I thought this will be like random "what if" fanfic but what can I say is that you blew my mind when reading this. Different character, different story, different feeling, some make me smile and some make me sad. Not many story can deliver the feeling, make me feel multiple emotion by just reading, so congrats on your writing skill and creativity. Continue your writing, explore the various thing you can do with it, make it all worth reading. For me as a reader, I just want to say thanks for spending your time writing the story.
I don't know if you take requests, maybe you'll just be able to make this idea your own, but I really like your writing style and I wanted to tell you my idea.

What if Naga was the reason Robin appeared without his memories in that field? Naga seems to only be more powerful than Grima with her power over time and love. So what if Robin succumbed to Grima (perhaps by choice) and out of anger at Robin for some reason, Naga punished him by sending him to the past and making him fall in love with someone who doesn't love them back. Perhaps even Robin doesn't lose his memories, and or the person hates Robin because they know what he did.

I think this also works with your ships Tiki and Lucina. Tiki explains Nagas fury and Lucina explains the hatred.
Also I was wondering why you never seem to have female Robin instead? Or really any of the future children or Chrom for a longer story?

Im super impressed with how long you've been writing, though it would be nice if you wrote a multiple Route story again. Unfortunate Chrom is best Chrom.
I like how tiki isn't just a lazy slacker and has some of Nowis energy.
Lol this was amazing. Funny that it didn't seem evil the way Robin did it, more like just he went back in time and changed such a small thing. But hilarious nonetheless.
Ultimate Black Ace chapter 11 . 4/7
Rereading this... and I realize that part of me wishes that Robin had failed. This chapter is more or less silly (in an over the top, Robin's taking this so seriously that it's a joke in itself), so to have the twist that after all that work and actually outwitting gods, to have Anna decide that it'd be too confusing to have a Morgan and a Morgan rather than a Morgan and an Anna, would have been hilarious.
Really nice chapter. I love this scene too, the comic relief of the second was funny and your characterization of Robin and Lucina was spot on.
Ziodyne967 chapter 17 . 4/4
Reading through this a second time! XD Awesome as always! Hey? Dyou think you can make a WalhartxRobin fic next?

The sound of it is so outragous, it make me love the idea all the more. :)
TheBleachDoctor chapter 17 . 3/30
If I had to describe these stories in one word, it would be "Powerful".
dragoon109 chapter 11 . 3/29
couldnt it have been because of the conversations she had with robin?
dragoon109 chapter 6 . 3/29
man i cried the last bit.
dragoon109 chapter 5 . 3/28
am actually curious what about ignis?
dragoon109 chapter 2 . 3/27
you know the hole in that scene is that there isnt any proff that killing him would stop grima. and it wouldnt after all the older avatar is thier.
dragoon109 chapter 1 . 3/27
i do not remeber her being cold to moragen any more than she was noire?
Valerio chapter 15 . 3/22
Argh I was half-expecting Tiki at Robin's deathbed. But I'm glad I didn't see that part or else I would have teared. Great great chapter so far my favorite next to Chapter 8 (which is a great contrast)
November7th chapter 17 . 3/13
I started reading these one shots of yours from way back when several months ago. I would have finished a long time ago, but then I ran into Chapter 12 which has something to do with "The Future Past" DLC. I have the DLC, I just never played it yet, dunno when that will be though. But it will be sometime during this year... I hope.

These last three chapters of yours are the ones that are fresh in my mind, so I will be focusing on that. And I will have to say you are a bastard because you've made ships that I don't normally follow into ones that I now adore. Screw you.

But on a more serious note, Emmeryn's story was not something I considered much as most people would associate a romance between Robin and Emmeryn to be during her brain damaged state. But as most people have already said in the reviews thus far, this was an excellent showing of Emmeryn's character beyond the exalt who seemed to have an almost naive view on peace and the world. And even though I can still only view Emm as an older sister or a friend to the Shepherds, and especially Robin during the game, it was only during these two chapters that I was completely on board with the ship.

I did especially love the take you had when Maribelle was taken across the border and Robin declared that he was Plegian and then starting a little chain reaction with Virion and Lon'qu stating their respected origins. I'll admit that moment gave me chills and I was happily fidgeting in my seat saying, "Oh! That was so good!" It reminded me a bit about the United Nations and their peace keeping force and I loved it!

Second part was when Emmeryn was in prison your mention on some of the background on the Grimleal religion and why any country would have an official religion that meant the end of the world. I was actually thinking of something similar along those lines for my writing. To say that I wasn't very excited when I saw that bit would be a complete lie. Awesome to see someone tackling the reasoning behind it, even if it was for a short moment.

Tiki, Emmeryn, Say'ri, and even Tharja began to grow on me as people with dreams and emotions beyond the small tidbits of characterization we see in the game and even with some other stories. You're able to write poignant stories that have actual depth in such a short space that it would make any writer jealous, especially me. And for that I want to say thank you.

Keep up the awesome work and I can't wait to read more of your stories.