Reviews for In The Light Of Day
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
Oh, SO good! I could see this all playing out, and I liked Sybil's excitement at the end: it rang true for her character, as did Mary's response. Lovely writing! :)
WhiteCamellia chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Wonderful story! I hope you continue!
wookie.willow chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Oh this is just great! Please, pleeeeeeease continue on with it! :)
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Oh, i just love this, the atmosphere, the feelings, the emotions sound just right. My interest is definitely picked up, and if you actually plan on writing more, I would definitely love to read it :)

Carry on darling, you're a great writer :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Just lovely...exactly what should have happened.
darkblueyank chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
What a perfect blend of fluff and smoochies and angst and sadness. Your story makes it sense of why Mary had such a hard time telling Matthew about Pamuk; she loved him too much to lose him or to lie to him. Poor Mary! What an emotional quandary.
I liked how you brought Sybil into the scene and showed her emotion as she learned of the proposal. That was one of those "missing moments" in the Downton canon.
I'm looking forward to your continuation of this fic.
Lala Kate chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
It is a lovely opener...yes-opener! ;) I think this could become a most delightful story in your capable hands. Please do continue!
jmu chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
This is just wonderful! Seems exactly right for our M&M! I would adore it if you'd consider expanding your story to include their interactions going forward, up until that awful day when Mary returned from the London season and they argued about her wish to further delay a response. That's when it all went wrong... *deep, deep sigh*
jenninthecity chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Oh I just love this! Bashful, flirty Matthew and guilty but excited Mary are just darling. And the addition of Sybil at the end was fantastic! This fits right into the episode break and I adore it!
OrangeShipper chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Thank you SO much for writing this for me, and I love it I love it! I am having sudden renewed affection for S1 Matthew and Mary, and you've captured them perfectly here. Matthew's flirting and happiness, his hope is absolutely darling - oh bless him. And poor Mary... What a horrible, horrible situation she was in.
The wooing/court play, her noticing his hands, the feathery kisses and the absolute beat-down truth of the end... Gorgeous, gorgeous. Thank you! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Oh I do like that Orangeshipper and her idea that you have wonderfully brought to life! Not too much angst and I'm am the least angst-tolerant in the world. It is a brilliant start for a longer story! #toolazytologinproperly
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Oh, this is lovely. We never got to see any of this time and it's fun to written- thank you!
Ultrahotpink chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
This was lovely! I love S01 fics! Not sure if this is a one off or not, but I would totally love a Sybil's Ball chapter! :)
AmeriGirlTN chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
What a joy to find a new M/M fanfic! Plus it's so delicious. Thanks so much for posting this. Please make it only the start to a much longer story.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Lovely! nice to get the physicality of Matthew ... and to think of his (short-lived! - in canon) confidence around Mary. wish JF hadn't been always knocking Matthew down. you, on the other hand, are giving us a passion between equals!