Reviews for Naming
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 9/11
George really does get Alanna doesn't he? I like how he understands the thought process she has in naming Alan Alan.

Also, glad to see others view on Sir Alan Trebond and how not a good father or parent he was. Yet also Alanna's view on how she isn't a completely good daughter (getting knighted) she is still a good enough daughter to have a son named for her father. Makes me wonder if she realizes how he was and the truth of his 'parenting' or if she is in denial or just a large blindspot she can't see/notice.

I'm glad to have come across this. It's a lovely piece.
1221bookworm chapter 1 . 4/12
Yup. George just gets Alanna. And Jon is clueless. Perfect.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
You make a good point here.
Lollypops101 chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Very cute. :)
e chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Very nice. I like the way you wrote this - I always considered Alan to be named after Alanna's undercover name, simply because her father was never a very prominent or positive figure in the books. The way Jon describes Lord Alan was powerful; 'never wondering or worrying?'. And the phrase George uses, "She wants to name him Alan because it's what good daughters do," that really struck me, and speaks volumes about how Alanna considers her own father.

So, very well done. Thanks for writing, I enjoyed reading it.
AlpacaOverlord chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Wow. This is great. I read the series about a decade ago, so I don't remember it too well, but this reminds me of some of the happy moments in the books and what the characters were like. It seems that you got them really well too. I'm going to have to read your other works now. You have made me a fan. Great work. Bravo!
Azile Signer chapter 1 . 7/6/2013