Reviews for The Truth in the Words
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 4/6
Congrats on your successful challenge. I enjoyed the story. True to character:-)
Guest - Caroline chapter 1 . 3/24
loved this fic & i'm just very sorry i've only just come across it now...
ohhhhh how i wish you were among the writers on the actual show...how we could've resolved yrs & yrs of unresolved torment, (just think, cam/booth friends with benefits would've been cut short, bren probably wouldn't have gone out to dinner & coffee dates with the older brother of the victim, from the ep their now just going off to start investigating, 'the headless with in the forest' - she also wouldn't have 'probably', met & then gone out with sully & i could've had all my dreams & wishes fulfilled, much, much sooner...like yrs earlier! with maybe more babies along the way, by the time line of when 'christine angela' was born...sigh...oh well, as neither of us are paid by the writers of the tv version -again sigh'g, as i'd really love it- heeheehee!')

this fic was brilliant...thank you so much... Caroline, Melbourne, Australia.
Barbara chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
I have just "found "your work and I'm glad I did. The stories have "truth "in them. Characters I know so well doing new things that I really enjoy.
JBCFlyers19 chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
What an awesome story! I loved it, especially her leaving the letter for him... :0)
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Awww Booth and Brennan, I loved this challenge.
love2read2much chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
I really liked your story, Brennan's goodbye letter was so sad.

Keep up the great writing
threesquares chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Wow. I am so impressed and envious of the way you wrote in detail from Aliens to Witch. This was My favorite "filmable" moment: "Without pause, she turned to him and crashed into his waiting embrace, burying her face into his broad shoulder while clutching at the sides of his disheveled oxford white shirt where it had come un-tucked at his waist. "Booth…" she mumbled breathless". And the letter she wrote him, and his reaction, were just wonderful! Great story! 3sq
SammieAtHome chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
I like the way you wrote this fill-in. It gave us a visual to what may have been the aftermath of what happened in Aliens. In the actual show we only really saw the strong emotional reaction of Hodgins.

Despite Brennan being the way she is, that event would be traumatic to anyone. So, the little things you put in like "wild look in her eyes ", nightmares, are some examples.

Booth, with his history, is the perfect person to understand.

Also enjoyed you putting a bit of clueless Booth with the "because he innately knew she would never feel the same about him"; contrasting with Brennan's own feelings later on in this chapter with " with the feelings of need and desire" or " And he had chosen her…"

I also always felt, even if Brennan is not really religious, she felt some kind of peace by going with Booth to church. Like sharing such moment with him is a testament to her being alive.

I think I enjoyed a bit too much the part where Booth cancels on Cam. As she isn't stupid, love when you had her guessing, and spot on, that he'd be with Brennan.

You know...the moment you wrote this - "She stood in the open doorway for several moments, arguing with herself about whether or not to enter her guest room." - got me thinking it'd a perfect fit, like a premonition, to what would have later on in S6.

But whatever season we are on, it is true they depend on each other, specially for comfort. Glad you also focused on that.

Very interesting is the part where she doesn't let herself sleep with the "what ifs" and when Booth asks her about it, she diverts the attention from herself and her own feelings towards third parties like Hodgins/Angela. Of course, Booth sees right through her. I really do love the way you wrote this scene.

As usual, like the story you wrote with the letters, adored the inclusion of Brennan's letter to Booth. I like the fact that you wrote this "I love you, Booth. Perhaps not in the traditional male/female fashion,". In a way, Brennan is and at the same isn't admitting to Booth (or better yet, to herself) her true feelings.

Absolutely loved the ending to this one. There they go. Bickering as usual.
brensfan chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Loved it :)
skylark 66 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
It was very, very well done and absolutely perfect in where their relationship stood at that time.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
My dear writer, this is perfect, so congratulations are in order ;)
jsboneslover chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
You threw down the gauntlet on this one! Excellent chapter. That was one of the great episodes of Bones, and it's great to get a lot more story around it. Thanks.
redgirlang chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Fantastic chapter. The letter to Booth made me cry. Those words coming from Brennan were so emotional.

Loved it!

Ange :-)) xx
ratgirl71 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I liked it-I would imagine they were both very much on edge after the whole experience. And I have to admit I love the argument about "wandering off"-mostly because it reminds me of a family joke.
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I enjoyed this very much. I loved her letter to Booth. I lived that he manufactured an excuse to come back that night.