Reviews for Strangers in Paradise: An Innocent Man
levlylove chapter 6 . 6/28/2014
Awesome, you're back!
levlylove chapter 5 . 6/7/2014
Hey, it's been a while since your last chapter. Hope you're still writing because I'd really love to see the rest of this, and to see you write for the other Myst games too!
levlylove chapter 4 . 11/2/2013
Awesome work, as always. Can't wait to see them explore the Ages now!
Afalstein chapter 4 . 11/2/2013
Exile is not my favorite of the series. The puzzles seemed rather contrived. I get that it was the point, but even so... Ah well. Not sure what's going on with Atrus, Catherine, and Brittany, though I suppose there's not much that CAN go on.
levlylove chapter 3 . 10/18/2013
Awesome, another chapter! Keep up the great work, I am enjoying these stories. Especially loving in this one how you've made Brittany stay behind so you can expand on what Atrus and Catherine get up to while the Exile gameplay is happening.

Hope to see your work continue through all the Myst games, and, who knows... maybe Cyan's recently announced "Obduction" too?
1fanofthemarauders chapter 2 . 7/26/2013
Ok. I'm HOOKED! I'll wait for an update. :)
levlylove chapter 2 . 7/20/2013
And I've finally caught up after discovering your fics nearly a week ago.
Really loving reading these, can't wait for more. You've even inspired me to start playing the games again (though it's not like I need much encouragement to do that :p)
Just one minor criticism: you occasionally skip over key parts to the game. eg In your Riven fic, we didn't even get to explore the Jungle Island village with the gang, and later on it was like, "oh, by the way, we went through the village and found this creepy/awesome hangman game to teach us D'ni numbers."
I for one would love to see those extra details, but other than that, I'm really enjoying reading, and keep up the great work!
Afalstein chapter 2 . 7/9/2013
Ah yes. Really, Jordan should known better, though to be fair, they've only really "met" with Atrus once before this-on Myst. Riven was really a logical extension of finding him, and the trouble with Myst started long before they met him.

Leaving Jane with Yeesha was probably a good decision, though Rachel will probably be anxious for her baby all through the adventure. Don't know if Brittany and MAddy made it through too, but it should be interesting to see how things go.
Miss Brown chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I have got to admit that I am not exactly a fan of your works (I prefer to think of the stranger as just one person) - and your 3rd installment just doesn't seem to match with what is supposed to be in the Myst/Riven fan fiction archives [that was probably my least favorite if I had to pick as it contained little to nothing about the games]...Yet despite this - somehow, I can't stop reading and waiting for you to keep going on with writing these (mis)adventures of characters. Keep up the good work.
Afalstein chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Ah, and now we start on Exile. Not my favorite game-I could never understand why so many people felt sorry for Saavredo-but the Ages were beautiful in parts. Should be interesting to see how many, if any, of your friends manage to get through the book to Exile before it, well, burns up. Maybe have them all holding hands or touching when the one person touches the page-but I have no idea if linking works like that anyway.

Minor point. I liked your reference to the Book of D'ni. I've read it, it's a good book, and it needs more attention. That being said, I've personally considered it to be in a different universe from the game universe, or at least than from Uru. In the books, the Cleft is in Arabia, in the game it's New Mexico. In the Book of D'ni, Atrus says that D'ni was a fair and just empire with no slaves, but in Uru we say that is blatantly false. Granted, perhaps Atrus just wasn't aware of the nature of ancient D'ni, but I'm more inclined to think that in the game universe, Teledahn was the fair one and D'ni the slave-supported one.

But that's my own personal theory, and anyway your story clearly inhabits another universe altogether. So no big deal.