Reviews for The Tale of Rumia - Hero of the Shadow
One of the best fanfics I’ve ever read, the action was nice, the world building was phenomenal, and I loved the characters. Very nearly cried at the ending that’s how much I loved it.
solacefall chapter 1 . 11/7/2021
what is the roleplaying forum title?
Omega E The Reader chapter 112 . 2/16/2021
Actually my mistake for the second point.

Sara and Yumeko losing to Reimu and Marisa made little sense as why they lost to them if they were both so strong to begin with?

And also the tengus too would have gone extinct as they drink sake so much if what you say is true. Which is not true is that Aya managed to drink a sake that knocked a vamprie out.
Omega E The Reader chapter 113 . 2/16/2021
Now then. Lunatic has reviewed this fic and I have to say this fic has some nice writing to this story. But there are some huge flaws with this story.

Firstly, Goku Syndrome, sure there’s a lot of Touhou characters revealed but that does not excuse most of the characters don’t change at all. Like the SDM, and Eientei crews remain the same throughout the entire fic with no change in their abilities or then getting stronger. Hell! If the strong ones like Rumia and friends lost then everyone is screwed if there is no one strong enough to help defeat the foe that defeated Rumia and Shinki in combat.

Secondly, the Fridge Logic when it comes to the power levels of the main characters which are Rumia & Team 9. I mean seriously how come they lost to Reimu and Marisa anyways? How is that even possible?

Thirdly, Suika and the Devas. You actually went against the old Japanese myths were the oni Chief is the one that Suika was based and you decided to go with a rather useless oc. Also the onis dying to alcohol poisoning was dumb. I mean seriously if that were the case then there would be a mass extinction of onis but that doesn’t seem to be the case as onis are straight up immune to alcohol poisoning.

Fourthly, Kasen. Why did you make her OOC? She’s actually nice and not prone to making mistakes as seen in the deva arc. In fact Kasen is known to still be in good terms with the Devas and not evil and wanting to make a war between the onis and tengus.

Fifthly, the villains. Most of the ocs are either sues at large or don’t have a personality. An example of the latter was the Matriarch with no other personality shown whatsoever or former being the Yorihime summoning in the Hakurei God, who would actually be against her instead of with her.

That is all. And I doubt you will ever read this. As it seems you the author are offline.
Warthogs309 chapter 113 . 7/6/2020
Ok. That was just fucking amazing, a very good story all in all. It was great at the beginning, and then just kept getting better and better as it went on. And the final arc? That was some dragon ball super shit happening. And even though this went in an almost completely different direction than cannon. It's fantastic! it's basically just another timeline than the main series! For real I would've paid money to read this if I could. This was THE best touhou fan fic I have ever read so far. And all I can really ask is "Please write more!" Only real criticism I have is spelling in some places. But other than that, PERFECT!
TheGamemaniac chapter 113 . 9/14/2018
Well now that was a good story to chug through.
Epilogue seems kinda fallout-ending esque, which loses a bit of impact by the nature of not being a video game though.
kinigget chapter 61 . 5/28/2016
Well...
That was unexpected
kinigget chapter 10 . 5/21/2016
...I think I'm beginning to understand
Yuki Kyuu Aizawa chapter 75 . 10/20/2015
sorry say I like the storm bringer Rumia uses
Earl of Jubilation chapter 113 . 7/27/2015
One of the most beautiful stories I've ever read
You did a fanfuckingtastic job with this
Truly a work of art
where some as lowly as rumia become a hero whom the weak look up too
from one who should be feared to one who should be admired
It would be great to see a sequel to this fucking amazing story
Cloy552 chapter 113 . 1/18/2015
This was a wonderful story and I am very glad I read till the end. Kind of sad the three Oni died but the way they went was too funny to worry. Especially since their buddy also lived...er unlived underground.
The only remaining question is if Alice was too tsundere or Marisa was too oblivious for them to be called a couple.
Cloy552 chapter 68 . 12/24/2014
Well that was cool. And I misspoke zorta in my last review 'of course she would look like yuuka since yuuka was her container for howeverlong'
Cloy552 chapter 67 . 12/24/2014
Oook I get it now. The purple wings threw me off since Nue usually has three red and three blue... which I really should have noticed made purple. Then I also should have remembered Yuuka is the goddamn FLOWER youkai and should have realized it was her instead of thinking oh it just looks like yuuka. I feel like an idiot.
Cloy552 chapter 61 . 12/24/2014
TT dammit Yukari. I'm sorry I didn't trust you. Stupid Yumemi and her stupid...stupidness
why would you kill Yukari!? Who else is supposed to be the supertroll of gensokyo? Who is gonna fix the fourth wall when Kogasa breaks it? How am I supposed to take a break before the next arc when you leave it here?
Cloy552 chapter 46 . 12/24/2014
Goddamnit Yukari. You planned for Rumia to die! Also,Yay Shinki!