Reviews for teamwork
everything's uglier close up chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
:O
I can't.
Wow.
First off, I think that was a really unique idea. I like your headcanon and characterization of Mr. Mellark, Mrs. Mellark, and their relationship. It's really sad and messedup and stuff but wow, that was a really interesting insight on the Mellark family, and just, wow.
I actually liked the format. :)
I think it could be more detailed in some parts, but overall it was really interesting.
- Emmeline xoxo
SoThere chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I'm pretty sure I commented on Tumblr, but since you posted here I'll give a more thorough review...

I still don't know how to feel about Mr. Mellark, canon-wise. I enjoy the jolly happy baker image in many fics, but it doesn't ring true to canon for me. As you brought up here: Why didn't his family live with Peeta in Victor's Village? After all he had been through, you'd think they'd want to be closer to him.

Of course I also don't buy the witchy, constantly abusive Mrs. Mellark either. She certainly wasn't nice, but it seems too easy to write her off as a bad person through and through. I think there was more to her than than could be expressed through Katniss's narrative.

Anyway, rambling, sorry! This was beautifully written, and i enjoyed it, as painful as it was to read. Definitely a fresh perspective. Thanks for sharing.
mansts chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Good story, but it was so painful to read. I hate thinking that Mr. Mellark was that ignorant to his family...