Reviews for Broken Things
MrRobertsIII chapter 1 . 12/31/2016
Neat!
Jonin Neji Hyuga chapter 1 . 7/16/2016
Interesting story.

And I think the character development was done well.
Alkeni chapter 1 . 3/8/2016
Interesting concept.
LogicalPremise chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
I have somehow missed reviewing this story. Not many people seek to use Trellani.

I find the themes expressed interesting ones, which contrast sharply with some of the choices I made in using Trellani as a partner for Jack Harper as well. Yours is a tale more of sadness and regret than mutual loss.

The interaction between Liara and Miranda is highly interesting, as is Miranda's razor sharp wit and typical state of exasperation with everything. :D

Very neatly done.
FasterGhost chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
An intriguing insight into Jack Harper's mind and life. Well done!
CN7 chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
This was so perfectly bittersweet. It's nice to see Miranda have a friend after everything they've been through.
Saren chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
Bittersweet, touching, and well-written. I hope you continue to write Mass Effect fics.

Am I the only one that got a little bit worried when Vara wasn't mentioned as one of the acolytes? It looks like she might not make it out of the Reaper War. **sad face***
skwishface chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
What a pleasure this was! It's rare to find first-person stories around here, particularly from Liara's perspective. You've captured the strange mix of gentility and steel that is at the core of that character. Very nicely done.

The only note I have is about the daughter, little Miranda. She's hardly described - we know she's small, with a serious expression and blue eyes, but that's about it. Since she's the child of one of the signature characters of the games, the reader is naturally going to be wildly curious about her. Does she have any features that resemble the Illusive Man beyond blue eyes? Maybe there's something eerily familiar about the seriousness of her regard? Just a thought!
mattcgw chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
shepherds dead in this nooooooooooooooooo, hope theirs little blue children abound by the reaper war saga.
jay8008 chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
I am in astonishment at how amazingly joyful-painful this is, for both Liara and Miranda. I don't think I'll ever be able to un-friend them in my mind, my headcanon is forever altered.

If this is how great your one-shots are (and as I recall you are two-for-two, now) then perhaps you should suspend your main story forever. :D I kid, of course.
Mr.Vaz chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Always thought that was an odd thing about his file in LOTSB. Nice job expanding on a character who wasn't even given a full sentence in-game. Actually got me to sit back for a while and think about Cerberus for a moment (the principles behind it, not the ME3 version). That line about potential does make a strong point; the ultimate goal of Cerberus was intended to be a noble one, not one of subversion. A shame the "darkness" still won out there though...

And that claim about mowing the lawn? More than worthy of a good laugh.

Mechanics? Solid. I didn't see anything to correct here.
Lady Amiee chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Wow! This is brilliant! I love how three dimensional your characters are! Miranda, I've always struggled with but you give her... something, I'm not sure what... maybe a humanity that draws me to her. The dialogue is solid, giving a wide variety of emotion that keeps me hooked. Brilliant chapter, with some interesting insights into the minds of our beloved characters. Well done.
bluekrishna chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
"superannuated.." BURN! LOL. feisty Miranda is feisty

"Which is not to say that we haven't had each other at gunpoint from time to time," I murmured." ha! what's a little gunplay between friends, eh?

aw, Miranda... And here we see that while a man can choose to be a monster, he's still a man. TIM was a bastard to be sure, as was Saren, but somewhere in both there was something to empathize with. Deeply flawed but fully capable of love. This was a very nice oneshot(?). Prose is clean, the banter natural, if very...dry. It dragged a bit in the middle there, but the content, the concepts, kept me interested. TIM has a kid! Oh shit. Look out, galaxy.
Draws-With-Words chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
A satisfying read, made more impressive by the fact that it got the gears turning in a relatively short time. When the issue of The Illusive Man's trust comes into play I was initially skeptical and was unsure if I was convinced that he would trust anyone. Those concerns were cleverly put to rest quickly, and for that I was thankful and impressed. The revelation was something new, sure, but by then you had convinced me that there was more possible facets to a character I thought I had seen all of.

The oddest thing for me is seeing Miranda's reaction to the various topics that come up. Seeing her break down in such a way was different, odd. I never thought it was out of character, but it was something I wasn't expecting, and that element of surprise (Which seemed to be an important overall theme for you in this piece) carried with it great weight throughout.

Last thoughts: I would love to hear more about this Matriarch and just who she is. She had these two eating out of her palm, and part of me wanted to think that the child was a careful tactic, and that some ulterior motive rested behind it more than what we could see. I also somewhat felt that Liara and Miranda would be more skeptical of the child, but all in all, a very enjoyable sit-down with a fascinating Asari. Thanks for writing it.